all your appeal

Sunshine Love

   “Jungyeon, please look at me,” Mina says softly.
Jungyeon groans, sliding further under the table, and she may or not be devising an escape plan.
The escape plan is scrapped when Mina joins her under the table.
“Jungyeon.”
This is it, Jungyeon decides, time to face my death.
She looks tentatively at Mina, who breathes a sigh of relief.
“I thought you’d never look at me again, “ she whispers.
“Don’t you—don’t you hate me?” Jungyeon croaks.
Mina’s eyes widen in surprise, “wh—why would I ever hate you?”
“Because—because I have feelings for you that you never even asked for and now you have to deal with me and my feelings and I—” she stops when Mina’s warm and steady hand slides over her own cold and shaky one.
Mina squeezes her hand gently, “your feelings aren’t a burden to me, Jungyeon.”
“I—I—what?” Jungyeon sputters.
For the first time, Mina’s silent composure breaks, and she blushes, looking away from Jungyeon momentarily, before clearing raising her eyes shyly.
“Well I—I have—well, feelings for you too.”
Jungyeon’s mouth opens and closes as she can’t find the right words to say.
She manages a shaky “oh” when Mina’s hand moves from on top of hers to lace their fingers together.

   Mina goes home and takes out her box of letters, going through each of them, smiling as she thinks about Jungyeon. She runs her fingers over the illegible writing, and decides that she’s gone too long without knowing what they say.

   In the morning, Jungyeon opens her locker and a pink piece of paper flutters out. Her heart trembles in her chest as she bends down to pick it up.
It reads, in Mina’s perfect handwriting;
   Dear Jungyeon,
I think I need a little help reading your letters,

                                    - Mina

   Jungyeon’s mouth goes dry. She looks around, hoping that this is all a joke and that Nayeon will be standing somewhere nearby, waiting to laugh. She knows it isn’t when she sees Mina watching her a few metres away, smiling shyly when their eyes meet. Before she can say anything the bell rings and their both swept away in the crowd, off to their respective classes.

 

   She really has to admit, Mina is smoother than she had thought. It’s the last day of school and Mina invites the three of them to her house —or rather Jihyo and Nayeon invite themselves over, and Jungyeon is dragged along and Mina is too nice to say no—and the walk there is normal, with Nayeon and Jungyeon bickering most of the way, Jihyo intervening and Mina watching in quiet amusement.
“This is the stupidest thing you guys have ever argued about,” Jihyo shakes her head.
Jungyeon rolls her eyes, “god Jihyo, why do you hate fun?”
“Hey! I don’t hate fun! I can be fun—”
Nayeon slaps a hand over Jihyo’s mouth before she can continue, “shut up, Jihyo, we can argue about how “fun” you are later, what we need now is an unbiased third party opinion on which one of us is objectively more attractive. Mina?”
Mina tilts her head, looking from Nayeon to Jungyeon, Jungyeon to Nayeon, “well I’m not sure if I can give you an unbiased opinion, since I’m already attracted to Jungyeon.”
Nayeon’s jaw drops.
Jihyo’s jaw drops.
Jungyeon’s jaw drops.
Mina’s jaw remains in place and she grins cheekily.
“! Why didn’t you tell me!” Nayeon squeals as she grabs Mina by the shoulders and shakes her.
“Well you never asked—I mean, not until now,” Mina laughs.
Jihyo and Nayeon push Mina around, teasing her and wanting to know everything. Jungyeon stares at her in wonder, stares at this girl, who speaks softer than Jihyo breathes, who smiles like soft sunlight filtering through sheer curtains, who isn’t so shy after all, who has taken her heart out from where it was hidden and now wears it on her sleeve.
She doesn’t realise that she’s stopped walking until Mina turns back, hair flipping in the wind, a gentle smile on her face.
And she calls out, “aren’t you coming?”
Nayeon and Jihyo whoop obnoxiously, slapping Mina on the back, echoing Mina’s question mockingly. But Jungyeon doesn’t hear them, because in that moment she realises that there’s no reason for her to hesitate, because Mina would never leave her behind.

   It seems like with this group of friends, the bickering will never end. There’s disbelieving shouting when Jungyeon accidentally walks into the house with her shoes on, and then Jihyo and Nayeon start an argument with Jungyeon over whether or not they're watching a rom-com or an action movie (of course Jungyeon loses that argument, but Mina’s smile and they way she holds her hand to comfort her makes her feel like she’s won everything). So they sit on Mina’s bed and settle for 10 Things I Hate About You, and while Nayeon and Jihyo squeal over Heath Ledger and his amazing smile, Jungyeon feels Mina shift next to her. She takes Jungyeon’s arm and wraps it around her waist, then leans into Jungyeon, giggling as Kate rejects Patrick’s advances yet again, and how is Jungyeon supposed to concentrate on the movie now? How can she concentrate on anything when Myoui Mina is pressed so close to her and she’s so warm and smells so nice goddammit

 

   Later, Nayeon and Jihyo get and sing their hearts out to “Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You”, and Jungyeon and Mina laugh at their antics, until Mina gets up and joins in, looking right at Jungyeon as they start screaming “I love you baby,” and Jungyeon honestly can’t take her eyes off of Mina, who really is too good to be true.

 

   The night doesn’t go according to plan, but what good are plans when you have idiot friends? They end up marathoning Friends, and since the holidays have just begun, there’s really no reason why a sleepover would be out of the question (it’s a good thing they keep spare clothes at each other’s houses). In the middle of season three Nayeon decides she wants to make something involving 2 bags of marshmallows and copious amounts of chocolate, and she heads down to the kitchen followed by Jihyo, who goes just in case Nayeon might burn down the house. Jungyeon stands up to follow them, but a soft tug on her sleeve stops her in her tracks. She turns around and sees Mina looking up at her.
She falters, “y-yeah?”
“Could I get that help?” Mina asks, getting up and reaching for a box on her desk.
It takes a while for Jungyeon to get what she means, but when Mina pulls out a stack of pink papers from the box her heart nearly stops. 

   “What does it say?” Mina asks, looking at the creased sheet of paper in Jungyeon’s hands as they sit next to each other on Mina’s bed, closer than necessary (but who’s complaining?).
It’s the first letter she wrote to Mina, and she really wishes she wasn’t here right now.
“Do you really want me to read this?” she groans.
Mina laughs and nods, “I want to know everything, I want to know how much you like me, if it’s as much as I like you.”
Jungyeon can barely keep closed, because she’s sure Mina has never been this bold (but she can’t deny that her trembling heart doesn’t enjoy this).
She clears , “‘Dear Mina, ho’—oh my god—‘hot diggity dog’—jesus christ—‘ur so beautiful’—and—”
Mina moves closer, (if that’s even possible) reaching for one of Jungyeon’s shaking hands, “and?”
“And…” and Jungyeon decides that there’s no way she can feel anymore embarrassed so she throws away all her shame, “and I like you a lot.”
She’s glad she does so, because when she looks to see Mina’s expression Mina is grinning and then she wraps her arms around Jungyeon and presses her lips to Jungyeon’s cheek and Jungyeon realises that no amount of shame or embarrassment or whatever matters at all when compared to how happy being with Mina makes her. And Mina never teases Jungyeon about the letters as she reads them, only looks at her like she is everything. Jungyeon feels the shackles of her pride melt away. 

   When Nayeon and Jihyo return with their hot and sticky mess of marshmallows and chocolate and cookies they see Mina curled up against Jungyeon, head on her chest, hands playing with Jungyeon’s fingers as Jungyeon reads out her letters. Nayeon pulls her phone out with her free hand and takes a photo because even though she would never say it out loud, damn it was cute. She turns to Jihyo to show her the photo but scowls when she sees that Jihyo also has her phone out, a hand pressed to to stop herself from squealing, taking a video instead of just a single photo. It seems that the letter Jungyeon is reading is the last, because Jungyeon slides it behind the rest of the pink papers in her hand as Mina closes her eyes contently, nuzzling her face into Jungyeon’s neck as Jungyeon tries to reach for the box that was left at the foot of the bed. As she shuts the box, she notices Jihyo and Nayeon standing at the door.
“How…how long have you been there?” she gulps.
“Long enough to get photos and a video,” Nayeon grins.
Jungyeon’s face blanches and she sits up abruptly, Mina falling off her with a yelp.
“Delete them.”
“Nah, it’s good blackmail material, you feel?” Nayeon shrugs.
“That’s exactly why I want you to delete them!” Jungyeon protests.
“Send them to me please,” Mina says, sitting up to bring Jungyeon into a backhug and resting her chin on Jungyeon’s shoulder.
Jungyeon can’t believe this, “aren’t you supposed to be on my side?”
Mina hums, “I’m on the side that gets me cute pictures of us.”
“Is it just me or did Mina suddenly become a lot more bold?” Jihyo squints.
“Irrelevant, anyway this mess isn’t gonna eat itself!” Nayeon announces as she places the dish on the bed and hands out spoons to everyone.
“What…what is this?” Jungyeon asks apprehensively.
“It’s good, that’s what it is.”

 

   The empty dish doesn’t find its way to the sink that night, and instead remains on Mina’s desk. Mina’s bed technically isn’t meant for four people, but they make it work (coincidentally, a lot of space is saved when Mina is in Jungyeon’s arms, so what choice do they have, really?). Mina’s head is tucked into Jungyeon’s neck again, and there’s nothing in this world that Jungyeon would trade for this moment.
“Goodnight, Mina,” she whispers.
Mina pulls back a little, looking into Jungyeon’s eyes, mouth open as if she’s about to say something. So Jungyeon waits.
But the words she waits for never come, because in their place Mina presses a goodnight kiss to her lip and buries her head back into Jungyeon’s neck in embarrassment. Jungyeon is, of course, surprised, but she recovers quickly and grins and hugs Mina tighter and presses her lips to Mina’s forehead and they fall asleep like that.

   She wakes up to an empty bed and a room that is quiet.
Too quiet.
Then a pillow is slammed into her face, and there’s screaming and shouting and more pillows and somehow she ends up on the bottom of a pile consisting of Mina, Nayeon, Jihyo and approximately five pillows.
“It’s too early for this,” she groans.
“Shut up, weakling,” Nayeon says as she rolls off the pile, pressing another pillow into Jungyeon’s face as she goes.
She’s followed by Jihyo, who also rolls off the pile and proceeds to attack her. Amidst the chaos, Mina lays on top of her, their bodies separated only by a single pillow.
She smiles sleepily, “hey.”
“Hey,” Mina smiles back.
It’s an action that is completely impulsive, but Jungyeon doesn’t regret leaning up for a morning kiss, doesn’t regret when Mina freezes on top of her, a dazed look on her face and a hand slowly reaching up to touch her lips. It’s a moment she wants to keep forever.
But it’s gone all too soon, because before either of them can move a pillow is slammed into the side of Mina’s head and the chaos seems to restart itself, and soon enough all four of them are smiling and laughing and swinging and dodging pillows. In the middle of all this, Jungyeon catches Mina’s eye and she grins, and Jungyeon can’t think of anywhere else she’d rather be.

______________________________

thnx for reading guys!! anyway stan jeongmi n twice peace out i need sleep