Secret Santa

Secret Santa
Please log in to read the full chapter

Secret Santa

Seunghee was sure that this time she won’t get another Secret Santa. She thought that it would be a miracle to be chosen by one but since the head of the student committee confessed to her last year, she couldn’t help but feel a bit worried regarding this year’s project.

Secret Santa was actually those seven dorks – who called themselves GOT7 - way to help the less outgoing and brave students to confess to their crushes. They were in the same year with her but Seunghee tried to avoid them as much as possible since they were too lively for her liking.

Nevertheless, she had to admit that their Secret Santa project was quite a heart-warming one. She saw some really nice moments last year when those couples finally met but she didn’t want to remember her own confession. She ended up at the nursery because poor guy was so excited that instead of coming up to her to give her a rose, he tripped over himself and broke his leg. Not to mention that she didn’t even like the guy, so she felt extremely guilty for turning him down.

Small wonder why she was so dumbfounded to find a note on her locker on the last day of school before the winter break with a handwriting that she had never seen before.

“Your Secret Santa will wait for you at the rooftop garden at 4pm. Don’t make him wait for long. Merry Christmas!

GOT7”

Seunghee looked down at her watch in an instant. She dropped a thankful sigh when she realised that it wasn’t past 4pm, although she didn’t intend to encounter her Secret Santa. Why her? Out of all the girls, why she was the one who had a Secret Santa two years in a row? She didn’t consider herself pretty nor prominently smart, so she couldn’t possibly imagine why those guys wanted to confess to her.

At first, she decided to shrug it off. As soon as she turned around to pretend that she didn’t notice the little message on her locker, her heart faltered a little. She felt a small pang of guilt in her chest, reminding her that she was being too adamant.

“Aish!” she muttered under her breath, slightly frustrated at her own behaviour. “I can’t leave him hanging like that,” she nodded to herself, convincing her common sense that probably it wouldn’t be the stupidest thing that she would commit in her life.

Nothing bad would come out of it if she met her Secret Santa, right? At least, she hoped that this year the guy wouldn’t break his leg. Or his arm, or anything. It’s not like she had to feel the same way, so with that thought in mind, she glimpsed at her watch one last time and went to the rooftop.

Her hand was shaking a little when she opened the door to the rooftop which lit up as soon as she entered. The place was illuminated by tiny little light bulbs which were decorated with Christmas-related symbols such as Santa Claus, snowmen or reindeers. Garlands were hang up on the trees in all the possible colours and there was a richly decorated Christmas tree in the middle of the rooftop. She also caught sight of a dining table with deliciously-looking handmade cookies and a bowl of Christmas punch.

She gasped at the sight because she had never seen the rooftop garden in such beautiful decoration before. It was a dull, boring place with plants dying out because nobody wanted to take care of them. Right now, everything was sparkling in beauty.

“Hoseok!” she suddenly noticed a tall figure standing by the table, waving in her direction. She couldn’t mistake his trademark grin even if she wanted to. “What are you doing here?” she furrowed her eyebrows in question, totally surprised at the sight of her best friend. He had nothing to do with her Secret Santa’s project, right?

The boy seemed to avoid answering her question, instead, he threw confetti above them with a mischievous smile on his face.

“Surprise!”

Please log in to read the full chapter