- Two -

Amanda Todd (RestInPeace)

The psychologist named Hyoyeon looks at the hidden Seulgi beneath the table. She pokes at her shoulder making her look up.

"Don't hide, aren't you grateful you're meeting her parents and have the chance to talk to them through Skype? Come on," she whispers.

She pats the empty sit.

"Sit."

"I'm too shy.." Seulgi's face is red as a tomato.

"What's wrong?" Amanda's mother says.

Hyoyeon looks at her and smiles.

"Nothing Mrs. Todd, someone is just too shy to show up. Excuse me for a moment." Hyoyeon approaches the shy Seulgi.

"Look. Since you are my patient you have shown no reaction or emotion until I brought your friend's topic up today. Your friend is the key. What's best to meet her parents? I know it will help you overcome many problems or overcome it all at once. Don't you want that? Don't you want to be alright?"

Seulgi just looks at her as she's thinking. It looked for a moment, the person in front of her had some white wings and a ring floating above her head.

With a tired sigh, stands up and sits on the chair making Hyoyeon smile and pat her shoulder to cheer her up.

Seulgi introduced herself officially as Amanda's friend to her parents and had a great talk during an hour. She cried a lot, she laughed as well along with Mr. and Mrs. Todd. It was a healing talk after all for both parts.

She will never forget their words they said.

"Amanda never said a straight thing about you to us, but since she started school, she used to look happier and mentioned she met someone cool in class that makes her laugh and forget about her problems for a while. After listening all that you have said about her, it's obvious you are the one she was referring to."

Her heart will always beat warm because of those words.

Seulgi looks at them as her eyes are shining like stars.

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Todd. It was a complete pleasure to finally meet you even though is through a screen.."

They give her a warm smile.

"The pleasure it was ours. We were really curious to know who was the person she was talking about so many times, and here you are. We'll be always grateful to you for that."

Seulgi's heart beats strong.

How I wish I can hug them..!

Mrs. Todd points at Hyoyeon.

"She has told us what you are living through.. bullying is a very scary thing... but you must know what your place is and never let anyone get you down, okay? Eat, get yourself some sleep and start living your life as you should. You are not in this world to suffer, right? Our princess would be so sad if she sees the state you are in..."

Tears roll down to her cheeks.

"Do it for her. You can do it.. okay? Never give up and never give power to whatever bad people say about you." Mr. Todd says after he has his wife a tissue paper.

Each word replies in her mind, one per one.

- - - -

"How was it? It was good eh?"

Seulgi smiles at her as tears form in her eyes again.

"Thank you.." she says after Hyoyeon gave her a tissue paper.

"I have a task for you. An easy but a very important one too."

"What is it?"

"We,.. are going to visit her grave. I talked with them (Autor-Note = Amanda's parents) when you were in the ladies room and accepted it right away. I know it will be a very good therapy for you. But first I would like you to write down everything you couldn't tell to your friend. Not caring if they are nonsense to you, write it all and release each bad feelings out. Here."

Hyoyeon pushes a white paper to her and gives her a pen as the latter can just hear her heartbeat pounding all over her body.

Her grave...

It took Seulgi a minute to gather her thoughts.

Feeling ready takes the pen and starts to write.

 

"Amanda..., how are you doing? This is a stupid question... right? ..... life is really sad and miserable since you are not "here" anymore. I have no friend(s) to talk to. Since you are gone, I have been dying of boredom at school every single day. Classmates keep bullying me, I can't sleep well, I can't eat well either, so here I am, inside this room with my psychologist getting advice to overcome my depression.

I'm really angry and sorry for you. Angry because I never knew you were having suicide thoughts.. we had been hanging out together many times but you never said a word about it.. you never let me know what you were really thinking and didn't give me the chance to even stop you and change your mind... you just focused on your idea without thinking anything and anyone else. You were truly egoist... you should have told me from the very beginning.

And I'm sorry because I couldn't do anything to protect you. This is the worst feeling ever. You were my friend. Friends are supposed to help other friends if they have problems. That's what real friends do, not only at good moments and hihi haha, but bad ones too. I'm sorry that I wasn't that much of an observer to know what was going on with your expressions or eyes because people say eyes are the mirror of the soul, so staring someone's eyes you can tell what is happening behind them. Must you be disappointed.. right? I'm disappointed with myself too. You suffered so much... I knew you were being bullied too but not to that extent. I'm so sorry for not being there when you needed someone to listen to you the most... that's why I'm not living well... because I feel guilty. Since you are gone, I have no motivation in living, I don't want to see anyone's face.. I wish I can just disappear like you did then you wouldn't be alone anymore. Wherever you are now.

Forgive me... 

Seulgi sighs deeply once she has finished writing what she needed to let out. She interlocks her fingers over her legs after pushing the paper closer to Hyoyeon.

"I'm done.."

The latter reads carefully the letter, seeing the effort Seulgi just made. 

Her expression shows mixed strong emotions but at least the burden she had on her shoulders are gone.

"Well done, Seulgi... good job. How do you feel now after writing all of this?"

"I feel like I can breathe better." she answers honestly.

Hyoyeon smiles. "That's a good thing to hear. Everyone should write down their inner emotions from time to time. Okay! Now, take your jacket. We're going to the cemetery."

"Really?!"

Hyoyeon's left eyebrow raises.

"I told you I don't joke around.We have to go there. Come on, let's go." she opens the door leaving Seulgi alone, who rushes putting on her jacket and running towards her two seconds later.

After driving for a while, they reach a great good looking cemetery, making Seulgi gasp in awe at how clean it is.

She pushes the door of the car unable to look away.

How can a scary place like this one look so beautiful? If ghosts exist they must feel so nice if they are here.

"Beautiful right?" Hyoyeon smiles watching her surprised expression. Seulgi's aura has changed considerably after meeting personally Amanda's parents and writing the letter. She looks like a tired but a precious glowing fairy.

"Let's look for her grave.."

Seulgi nods and the two of them start looking for it.

Several minutes later, they finally find it, resting a bit because they had to walk a lot.

"Finally. Here is it." Hyoyeon shows her winner smile, making Seulgi smile as well.

"Good. I'll be around here okay? Take your time."

"Thanks, psycho."

"You forgot to add the logic part. I'm not a psycho!" Hyoyeon pinches her arm causing Seulgi to laugh.

"Okay. See you later. Enjoy." Hyoyeon walks away respecting her time alone with Amanda's grave.

Watching Hyoyeon getting far and far, Seulgi's attention focuses on the grave covered basically by dried leaves and dust.

She bends on the ground and blows them all, pushing them away till she can clearly see her friend's name.

With the letter she wrote moments ago in hand, places it beside her name and a beautiful red rose on it and a stone so the wind will not make it fly away.

"Amanda..." she calls her name.

"I hope you can see me in this beautiful place? Visiting your grave thanks to my psychologist and your parents.." she breathes in deeply, smelling thousand of fragrances.

"Wherever you are... I hope you are at peace.. my friend. I will never forget you. I'll learn to be strong, I promise. For you and for me too." Seulgi kisses her fingers and places them on Amanda's name. She smiles at her own action.

As she proceeds to stand up, at that moment, a familiar scent invades her nostrils causing her to open her eyes in wide surprise.

This smell..!

She then feels a weight in her left shoulder and a warm body hugging her arm.

"I'm sorry... I hope you are not mad at me anymore. I didn't want to bring more worries up to you. You were having enough problems already.. I saw it all. And I secretly made sure those people pay for what they did to you.. but things went bad for me and ended up doing what I did.. I hope you can forgive me for that... someday. Thanks for approaching me first, Seulgi-ah... you were the best friend I had. I will always remember the first time I met you..."

With that, Seulgi's tears roll down her face when the weight softly leaves as the wind blows through her.

The emotions come to the surface as she cries like a baby.

Her lungs paralyzed for a moment when she heard something else.

"Thanks a lot for the letter. I will keep it well."

She heard nothing else after that making her sigh and cry a bit more.

- - - -

After that day, Seulgi became a new person from night to day. She was not the bullied one at school anymore. The bullies bad words didn't affect her, instead, she learned to love it and laugh at them, since people who attack others like that are only people who have envy or hate toward the person because they lack confidence within themselves. She felt important thanks to them and always gave a skillful answer wherever they tried to provoke her, leaving them speechless or unable to answer back.

And without her knowledge, a pair of invisible eyes always kept looking at her and everyone around her just in case.

 

A RANDOM DAY AT SCHOOL

 

Seulgi is super annoyed already by the sight of the scratched table next to her. Her dear friend Amanda clearly needs some respect, not insults. So she asked Yongsun's permission to change the table as soon as possible by herself into a new one.

Back in class, Seulgi felt so proud, watching a deserved clean table with no scratch on it.

Then, her eyes open like dishes.

Amanda makes her appearance momentarily next to her.

"Thank goodness you did it. Watching all those ugly words being thrown at me each time I sit down were giving me a great headache..." she whispers, to vanish in the air a second later with a cute wink.

Seulgi's shocked expression turns into a warm smile, focusing back on their adorable teacher of math.