- One -

Amanda Todd (RestInPeace)

FLASHBACK

Another boring day at school.

Seulgi's spacing out in the classroom as she and the rest of her classmates are waiting for the first teacher to come once a soft music made its appearance through the megaphone.

She stares the branches of the trees that move gently by the wind.

Letting out a sigh, she turns her head toward the empty table next to her.

Her eyebrows frown a bit as her eyes look now at the door.

Why is she not here yet? She's usually so punctual every day. Is she sick?

Amanda has been sitting next to her since school began. We can't say Seulgi and her were really good friends but thinking about the beautiful long-haired girl, always on time to clean fully the class along with her, she could say she was nice to be with because the latter always used to talk to her with a smile on her face and talk about different topics hours and hours. They used to hang around sometimes not only to do homework together but to watch some horror movies too.

The good memories she has been having with her, makes her lips draw a smile listening Amanda's sweet laugh playing in her head, but then, her heart feels ultra heavy and her smile vanishes at the great number of awful scratches with horrible insults rudely drawn on the surface of her table. Nicknames that no one would never ever want to read or see.

Amanda's been bullied by some classmates from her own class and even another long time ago till today. So does Seulgi. She also is being bullied every time she's at school, causing her to go visit the psychologist thrice per week to help her raise her self-esteem.

Teacher of math Solar AKA Yongsun enters the class seeing everyone nicely sit on the chairs. She looks so serious as no one ever saw the expression she has in her face right now since she uses to bring always a smile wherever she goes.

Seulgi stands up, ready to give the teacher a greeting.

"Attention."

She and everyone greet Yongsun showing their respect.

"You may sit." they obey.

She takes off her glasses while releasing a deep sigh before placing them in the top of her table. She looks at everyone's faces for a moment before speaking up.

"Students, listen... I have terrible news to announce. Our classmate, Amanda..... has died this morning.." Her voice sounds really regretful. Amanda was a great student to every teacher despite people bullying her constantly.

Many gasped in shock, others dare to smirk inside their minds after a while.

Seulgi can just stay frozen with her eyes wide open and mouth covered with her right hand unable to process what Yongsun said.

She... dead??!!

"She.. *clears * committed suicide..." whatever she said next, Seulgi couldn't hear anything else. Those strong words record in her brain as branding iron printed in a horse body.

 

BACK IN THE PRESENT

 

It's been months from that shocking day but it feels like it just happened yesterday. Since that day, Seulgi barely gets a proper sleep, and if she sleeps, she has nightmares. She doesn't feel like eating and feels terribly tired most of the time.

Her hands feel sweaty and tears threat her to come out anytime after the psychologist woman brought the hard topic about Amanda Todd. Her parents told her everything they know since they got to knew Amanda when she came over to their place several times before.

They have been arguing a lot for days because of Seulgi not liking at all a psychologist to help her with her problems, that she can handle them all alone and she needs no one. But they can't continue living next to an aggressive daughter with huge eyebags due to the lack of sleep and being super depressive with no energy to study or see anybody. So her behavior forced them to take a decision and she must definitely do it wherever she likes it or not. Their scary faces making Seulgi accept it even though it was against her will 100%.

This is her fourth day with the psychologist woman.

"Tell me Seulgi, are you eating well?"

"No.. I don't feel like eating."

"Did you write the letter we talked about two days ago?"

"No."

"Did you hang out or made an effort to talk to your friends?"

Seulgi shakes her head.

"Mmmh, how's your self-esteem going?"

"......."

Seulgi's face says it all. She keeps with her arms crossed over the desk showing no expression.

I feel like trash... that must be the reason why my classmates bully me.

"What will we do today?" she asks with a tired sigh, hoping she won't bring the painful topic again.

"Seulgi, you must make an effort at this. Look at you. You look like a zombie. You look as pale as a ghost. Did you take the vitamin pills the dietitian gave you?"

Seulgi shakes her head.

"What about the sleeping pills the doctor gave you?"

She shakes her head again. The woman sighs.

"Seulgi.., this can't go on, you must take those to have the motivation to do something in your life. That's the way you should start."

"... I don't want to do anything.. I don't want to feel anything."

What am I supposed to do with this girl?

Taking a while to think about how to resolve this situation, the bulb inside her head turns on.

"Amanda was your friend right?"

Seulgi's eyes open a bit once listening to that familiar name.

She bites her lower lip.

"Yes.. what's with that?"

The woman caresses her chin seeing, at last, some reaction from her patient.

"Look. I have thought about something. Just wait here." she stands up.

"Where are you going?"

"Just somewhere. I must go see someone. Stay here."

Seulgi sees her leaving the room but then the woman opens the door showing a soft smile.

"Don't ever think to escape while I'm out eh?"

"No, I won't." she shakes her head.

"Good." the psychologist finally leaves. Her steps go far and far till they can't be heard anymore.

After a while, she comes back with a paper in hand.

"You know Seulgi? The world is so small sometimes. We're going to use Skype." she flashes her a smile and opens her skype account typing the email address so fast like a pro.

Seulgi frowns.

"We? Skype? For what?"

The woman smirks.

"Turns out... I have her parents email, my boss (actually my mother), knows them and are close friends so she gave it to me just now in her office. We-re going to talk to them, so take your chair and come here."

"Whaat?! Are you serious?"

I have never met her parents before..!!

"Do I look like am I joking? Come on. There's no time to joke around." she gives her enough space.

Seulgi looks at her carefully and makes her way behind the desk.

Wow.. she's not playing games, right?

She looks at the blonde haired woman seeing nothing else but serenity in her facial features.

Some seconds later, a window shows up on screen and a man and a woman appear on it, making Seulgi gasp and hide under the table.