괴물 Prologue

Monster - 괴물

PROLOGUE

The Monsters are Born

 

Seoul, March 2001

 

Kim Miyoung, Kim household’s matriarch, watched in horror as she saw her fellow mutants, lying on the ground helpless and wasted. It was a total havoc where dead bodies lie everywhere and she couldn't help but let tears escape from her eyes. Her kind didn't deserve this, all they wanted was to live in harmony with the humans.

“Agasshi!” A shaky voice ran to her. It was Nayeon, her right-hand person. “Nayeon, gather all those who survived.” Nayeon nodded and they started looking for survivors.

“M-mi-you-ng- ah .” she heard a muffled voice and saw her best pal Sae-hee lying on the ground, her angel-like white wings now stained by the rustic blood color.

She ran to her best pal and held her hand, “Sae-hee, what happened?”

Sae-hee’s eyes watered as blood started coming out of , “Th-e hu-mans,” she coughed blood, “they betrayed us.”

“Stay with me Saehee, okay.” She said as she started opening her portal leading to a hideout. But before she could even complete it, Saehee stopped her. “N-not me.”

“S-Sehun, I le-ave him t-to y-you.” She blurted using all her might, “If Sunghoon and I will not make it, please, I leave him to you.” She managed to finish.

Miyoung knew better than to argue, she nodded to her friend and immediately looked for the 4-year old Sehun. A few meters away from her was Sehun, staring blankly into space and covered in blood. “S-sehun-ah!” She ran to the child and picked him up but the latter was unmoving. “I’ll save you.” She whispered as she carried the child Sehun who was holding onto his fathers hand. “Mi-young, sa-ave Sehun and the others. P-lease!” Sunghoon coughed blood and lost his life while Sehun’s little hands was holding onto his.

“Agasshi, they’re coming back we need to go!” Nayeon informed while survivors followed her.

She gave her friend last glance before going, “I-I will Sunghoon. Rest in peace with Saehee.” She chocked on her tears as she untangled Sehun’s grasp from his father’s hand.

She opened her teleportation portal that had them transporated to the hidden Kim Mansion.

 

 

The 5-year old Park Chanyeol just came back from the playground and sneaked from the back door to avoid his mom’s ranting. Melting the locks of the doors with his fingers was nothing hard for him so he went inside smoothly, heading straight to the stairs up to his room until he saw his parents’ room lighted.

As he peeped on the door, he saw 3 men aiming guns at his mom and dad, his mom holding his 1-year old baby sister. He was fast and sprang from the floor to tackle the men but he was stopped by a voice on his head.

Chanyeol don’t.

Mom, he muttered in his head.

Don’t do anything Chanyeol we’ll be fine.

But mo-

Obey me son, don’t make any noises, okay?

“We’re surrendering, leave the baby alone.” He heard his dad’s baritone voice echoed in the room.

“That’s what you monsters should have done in the first place.” a mocking voice said and he was close to lighting the man on fire but he knew better than disobey his mom.

“Let’s get this over with and take them to the quarters.” another voice said, as if disgusted by the mutants they are with.

Chanyeol gritted his teeth and busted one of the lights illuminating the room. One of the men was alarmed and went just where Chanyeol was peeping. His heart raced fast as he made eye contact with the, “There’s no one here! Let's go before those monsters have back-up.”

Dad. He muttered in his head. His dad was fast enough to cloak him with invisibility.

Standing on his spot, he was a witness on how the men took his family and as a child he could do nothing but watch.

Chanyeol, be strong. We’ll be safe so don’t worry son.

He was left standing there for hours until a lady emerged from a portal and offered him her hands.

 

 

“Dad! I Want mom!” Yi Xing repeated as he jumped in bed.

“Yi Xing, I told you to pack your bags! Your mom won’t come!” Zhang Wei told his son who has been throwing his tantrums.

“But I want mom!!!” He yelled and cried out aloud. Wei heaved a deep breath before looking into his son’s eyes. “Liste Yi Xin-”

“They’re here.” Wei muttered lowly and looked into his son’s eyes again.

“Yi Xing listen, I’ll go to your mom so stay here. Stay here and don’t go out until I say so. Understand?” Young Yi Xing nodded in excitement.

Zhang Wei opened the door only to be greeted by a human holding a gun to Wei’s heart. “Caught you monster!” He was to pull the trigger but the person behind him was quicker.

“Mom!” Yi Xing shouted and ran to her mother who pushed him in an instant. Wei gritted his teeth as he picked up his sobbing son. “I can feel your hatred and disgust towards us but don’t treat your son this way.” He muttered before looking into his son’s eyes and that cast him into deep sleep.

He put Yi Xing into bed and left note beside him before securing the door and facing his wife. “I’ll come with you, I’m enough right? Don’t let Yi Xing get involved.” He coldly muttered.

“The house is clear Ms. Jang Anna.” A human came up running to them, startled by the lying body before him.

Anna nodded and cuffed Wei who was not resisting. “Should we search for this floor Ma’am?”

“N-no. No need, it’s cleared.” She said and marched downstairs together with her captive.

 

“Were we too late Nayoung ah?” Miyoung muttered as she saw the lifeless human on the Zhang residence.

“W-wait.” Nayoung stopped on her tracks as she felt a strong presence just near them. “At the room agasshi!”

They barged into the closed room and saw a sleeping Yi Xing with a note just beside him.

Take care of my son Miyoung. This is all I can do as a father. He should never fall into Anna’s hands.

Nayoung heaved a deep sigh, “His father loves him so much yet the mother struggles to make him dead. Poor child.”

Minyoung eyed the former and Yi Xing’s hair, “He’s no poor child, Anna loves him, or she would have surrendered him together with Wei.”

 

 

The Do mansion is in deep chaos as the humans attacked. In a secret basement, the Kim siblings together with their cousin Kyungsoo were hiding as ordered to them. Just minutes ago, they were being chased by armed men, eager to kill them but their most trusted butler, Butler Lee sacrificed his life to save them.

“Stop crying Jong in, look, Minhee’s all fine, don’t scare her okay?” Junmyeon whispered to his younger brother as he patted his back.

Jong In nodded in between his sobs as they waited for rescue. Minseok, their eldest brother was holding so dearly onto their youngest sibling Min Hee who was about a year old while Jongdae and Kyungsoo where hand in hand, praying for someone to save them.

The secret door opened and it revealed Nayoung, “Kids! Come out faster!” And there they saw their mother waiting. Minseok ran to his mother and handed her Minhee who was calm despite the chaos. Miyoung immediately opened her portal and had the remaining people leave. “Run! Faster!”

“They’re here! Faster!” Nayoung informed.

In seconds, armed men were seen and they were quick to shoot Miyoung on the leg. “Mom!” “Agasshi!”

“Stop! Or we’ll kill you all!” one man said, “No! Faster Go inside!” Miyoung said, “I’ll stall time for you!”

She was trying to stand the pain she feels on her abdomen as she clung on her daughter.

“Mom!” Jongin wailed as he tried to run to his mother and sister. “Don’t I’ll save them Jongin, go inside.” Nayoung said, “But I can transport them Aunt!”

“No Jongin!” She lectured and pushed the children to the portal, while another mutant was giving barrier that can last seconds for their protection.

“Mommmm!” “Minheee!” Was all they could say as they were pushed inside the portal.

Unfortunately, Kim Miyoung passed out just before they could enter the portal. Nayoung and Dani stood guard in front of their masters and eyed the men.

"Surrender or we’ll shoot you dead monsters!” one of the men demanded.