final.

Pesky Meeting

“Appaaa, can we go to the park today?” Seungcheol looked away from the book he was reading, finding his son looking up at him with those big eyes of his. He was quick to smile and pat the area next to him, allowing the child to climb onto the bed. The child quickly climbed on, sitting down at his dad’s side.

“So, can we go Appa?” Seungcheol smiled, ruffling the child’s hair.

“I don’t see why we can’t, Hansol.” Hansol grinned and cheered, getting off the bed, beginning to scurry out of his father's room. “Don’t forget to tell your brothers, Hansol!” Seungcheol exclaimed and the child shouted an ‘okay!’ before running out of sight. Seungcheol couldn’t help the chuckle he let out after their little talk and got off his bed, setting his book down on the table.

As he got off, he could hear Hansol shouting at his brothers to hurry up and get ready. He heard his youngest, Chan, whining about not wanting to get up from his bed and then Hansol convincing him there would be ice cream later on.

Seungcheol exited his room and peeked into his two youngest son’s room. Hansol was quickly putting on a new shirt while Chan was waiting on his top bunk, playing with a soft toy. Seungcheol smiled at the scene before calling them.

“Are you two ready?” Hansol’s head popped out of the shirt hole and he nodded. Chan nodded as well, climbing down the ladder. Seungcheol laughed before motioning for the two to come out of the room. Hansol and Chan followed their dad like little ducklings, going to the living room area to wait for their older brothers.

Seungcheol moved onto the next room, not missing music blasting from inside,  and opened the door, finding his oldest son, Mingyu, finish doing a belt around his pants and Seungkwan, his second oldest, singing to a song while doing his hair in the mirror.

“You two, ready?” Seungkwan turned towards his dad and nodded turning off his music and grabbed at Mingyu’s hand, which was styling his hair.

“Let’s go!”

- - -

When they finally arrived at the park, Hansol and Chan were running straight to the playground. Mingyu and Seungkwan held hands and stuck with their father until they reached a bench to plop down the bag of snacks.

“Thank you for carrying the bag for me, Mingyu-ah.” Mingyu grinned, showing off his canine teeth. Seungcheol couldn’t help smiling at his adorable son, ruffling his hair. “Run along, you guys. I’m sure your brothers would want to play with you.” Seungkwan nodded with a grin, dragging his older brother with him who was laughing at his brothers actions.

Seungcheol settled down the bags and the plopped down onto the bench. It was nice to be in fresh air after some time, he enjoyed it whenever he went out of the house, especially with his children. A few minutes pass by with Seungcheol watching his kids play in the playground when suddenly a presence of a person was next to him. He looked over, noticing a male sit down on the bench, a book in hand along with a notepad and pen.

He had dyed pink hair which was styled casually - it looked as if the person had just ran their hand through it a few times before deeming it presentable. He wore a simple long sleeve shirt, top button not done. Seungcheol couldn’t really catch the person’s face, except for the fact they had long eyelashes that fluttered as the person blinked.

Suddenly, the person looked over at Seungcheol and stared at him, an almost unnoticeable smile present on his face.

Woah.

The person had beautiful cat like eyes, lips which slightly curled at the ends and milky white skin. Seungcheol, caught staring, awkwardly nodded his head as a wordless greeting and the person did the same, smile slowly growing but still faint.

Seungcheol looked away, feeling an awkward aura build up around the bench. He didn't dare to look at the beautiful stranger, but the urge to was indeed there. Seungcheol busied himself to watch Mingyu play with his younger brothers at the playground ahead, smiling when he caught sight of Mingyu carrying Chan in the air as Seungkwan and Hansol ran away, guessing they were playing a fun game of tag.

He did this for a few minutes before the urge to have a quick glance at the beautiful male became too strong. He took a peek at the stranger, looking away just as quickly. He was able to catch the male reading the book, looking relaxed, notepad and pen to his right, sitting in the spot between himself and Seungcheol.

He did this for the last 20 minutes or so, glancing every now and again at the stranger. He was captivated by this stranger. He was absolutely stunning and Seungcheol could hear the male laugh softly, as if what he was reading was funny.

This was his 8th time peeking at the male in the past 20 minutes but when he decided to look the strangers way this time round, he found the stranger's eyes on him already. Seungcheol looked away instantly, feeling shame eat him up.

He was caught looking again.

Seungcheol decided he should just settle down with concentrating on his kids but the moment was cut short and ruined as a pesky mosquito flew within his line of sight. Seungcheol, not liking the existence of these insects one bit, acted quick, swiping his hand through the air to try kill the pest.

Keyword: Try.

As expected, he missed.

The mosquito flew around him, annoying the single father. Seungcheol swiped his hand around the air once again, the mosquito thankfully leaving him alone this time. His eyes followed it as it flew in the air and his eyes ended up on the guy next to him - his arm to be more exact. His eyes widened slightly and without even thinking, he brought a hand down to kill the mosquito.

A yelp was soon heard, a book was dropped and a mosquito flew away. It took a few seconds for Seungcheol to realize what he had done, along with the fact he missed, and by the time he decided to pull his hand back, the male next to him was already staring at him incredulously.

He looked down at his arm, along with Seungcheol, and it had a bright red hand print across it. Seungcheol gulped and looked to face the male who was already looking straight at him, no emotion present on his face.

Seungcheol expected to receive a slap back, on the face if he was honest, so he closed his eyes, waiting for the slap.

But, he only heard a sigh.

He slowly opened an eye, finding the male writing something on his notepad. Seungcheol opened his eyes just as the male ripped the piece of paper from the notepad. Suddenly, the piece of paper was held in front of him.

Seungcheol stared at it, surprised and confused. The beautiful male rolled his eyes, shaking his hand around as a sign to take it. Seungcheol awkwardly took it and the male smiled before getting up, not forgetting to pick up his dropped book on the floor.

“You know,” Seungcheol couldn’t believe what he was hearing. The guys voice was beautiful. “If you wanted my number, you could have just asked.” It took a while for Seungcheol to process what the stranger just said but when he did, the stranger had already gone.

Seungcheol couldn’t believe what just happened, the embarrassment taking it’s full form on his cheeks, painting them a bright pink. He slapped his face a few times, trying to calm himself down. He then decided to look at the piece of paper.

What was written on there though was what Seungcheol was not expecting.

I caught you glancing at me a few times.

That’s cute.

My name is Hong Jisoo.

Call me sometime, hm?
+82 XXXX XXXX

Seungcheol couldn’t help the smile crawling up his face. He then felt a tug on his sleeve and he turned around to find Seungkwan.

“Yes, Seungkwannie?”

“Appa’s face is red.” Seungcheol rolled his eyes, patting his cheeks a bit to cool them off a bit. Seungkwan then stuck his arms out, silently telling his father to carry him up. Seungcheol smiled, picking up his son to let him sit in his lap.

“Appa, who was that pretty man just now?” The 6 year old asked, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

“That pretty man is going to be Appa’s.” Seungcheol said, the confidence he had in himself a tad more than needed.

- - -

Yay! Bullcrap in writing form!
Hope you guys liked it ♡

twitter