Hey! I don't bite you... often...

Hey! I don't bite you... often...

     Wonwoo rushed along the busy street, pausing when one of the window's displays caught his eye. Sitting in the window was the perfect gift to make Mingyu's Christmas extra special. 

     He opened the shop door and went over to the cashier. "Can I take a look at the little black one in the window?"

     "Of course!" The cashier handed Wonwoo a small black furry ball from the window. The puppy--who had been clumsily wrestling with one of its siblings--was placed gingerly in Wonwoo's hands. "Do you want a minute to play with him?"

     "Um... Sure. That would be nice." Wonwoo wasn't quite sure what to do with the tiny black fuzzball that was cupped in his hands, but the puppy decided for him as it yawned and shifted in his palms.

     The little dog now had its face near one of  Wonwoo's thumbs and was tiredly it.

     "Hey, little guy... Does my thumb taste good?" 

     In the puppy's own special way it answered, biting his thumb softly with its sharp little teeth. 

     Wonwoo smiled softly. "Do you wanna be Mingyu's present?" 

     At the sound of Wonwoo's voice, the dog looked up, its eyes seemed to say 'You know Mingyu will love me' and 'I promise I'll be good'. Wonwoo's heart melted. The puppy's expression reminded him of the face Mingyu made when he wanted something.

     "I don't really have a choice, do I?"

     The puppy Wonwoo's thumb happily, seeming to know that it had won.

     "You and Mingyu are going to get along great," Wonwoo sighed.

     He walked back to the check-out with the little dog. "Are you wanting to buy this little guy?" The girl behind the counter asked.

     "Yeah, but I was wondering if there was a way you could hold onto him until Christmas? I want him to be a surprise..."

     "Ah! He's going to be a present?!" The girl squealed. "So cute! For who? A significant other? Or a younger relative? Oh... Wait, sorry not really my business..."

     Wonwoo's chuckled at the girl's excitement. "He's for my boyfriend. Who loves dogs, yet doesn't have one because of me. "

     "Aww!" The poor girl looked like she was going to die. "I love sappy couples! Sorry. I just am a er for love... and love stories... and cute things..."

     "You don't need to apologize," Wonwoo smiled. "Could you help me put together a puppy starter kit or something like that?"

     "Oh! Of course!" The girl busied herself with rushing around the small store, grabbing toys and other things for the dog and placing them on the table while talking a mile a minute. When Wonwoo asked her if she wanted any help, she waved him off, telling him she had it covered and it was the least she could do for him. So, with nothing else to do, Wonwoo settled for rubbing the sleeping puppy that he had--carefully--set on the counter.

     When the pile of products seemed ready to fall, the girl finally announced that she thought she had everything that he would need. Wonwoo blinked at the stack. It's a good thing I don't have a budget to stick to, Wonwoo thought.

     "Okay, I'm assuming you'll want to pick all this stuff up on Christmas too... Am I right?"

     Wonwoo nodded, "If that's possible..."

     "Of course it is! Well, actually it would work out better if it was Christmas Eve, does that work?"

     Wonwoo nodded. "Definitely, whatever is convenient for you."

     In the week leading up to Christmas, Wonwoo visited the pet shop at least once a day. He played with the little dog he had picked out, and learned all about dog care from the cashier, who he learned was named So Ra. Christmas Eve, he picked up the puppy which he had unofficially named Cutie because he planned to let Mingyu pick out its official name. Wonwoo knew that Mingyu would be asleep when he got home and would probably get up before Wonwoo did, so he needed to a) get up before Mingyu or b) not go to sleep. When Cutie his hand, he decided staying up with the puppy would be more fun.

 

~~~~~~

     Mingyu woke up Christmas morning like he woke up every Christmas: overly excited and extremely happy, but, he felt a twinge of disappointment when Wonwoo wasn't in bed with him. 

     "Wonwoo-ah!" He called out. "Where are you?"

     Mingyu heard a thud and hurried footsteps coming from the living room, followed by a yelled "In the living room! Um... Give me a second. Don't come out yet!"

     Mingyu chuckled, it sounded like someone had gotten up early to finish working Christmas presents. Mingyu got up and started getting dressed for the day.

     "Okay. You can come out now," Wonwoo said from the doorway.

     Mingyu pursed his lips when he saw that Wonwoo was wearing the same clothes that he had had on yesterday. "Did you stay up all night? Why didn't you come to bed?"

     Wonwoo looked away guiltily, "I was playing... with your Christmas present."

     Mingyu scoffed, "So, you played with my present before I even knew what it was?"

     "Yup." Wonwoo didn't look guilty anymore. "And I didn't even wrap it."

     Mingyu gasped, Wonwoo knew he loved unwrapping presents! Why wouldn't he wrap it?

     "Oh, you are such a child." Wonwoo smiled, love obvious in his eyes, causing Mingyu to blush slightly. "I couldn't wrap it. Come on. I can't wait for you to see h--it... I meant it."

     Mingyu blinked, Wonwoo was acting strange. Whatever the present was, it must be a big deal, Wonwoo only acted this strange when he was nervous. 

     "Okay. I want you to close your eyes and sit on the couch... Wait, you can't do both... Um... Close your eyes, I'll lead you to the couch."

     Mingyu did as he was told, closing his eyes and allowed himself to be led to the couch. He kept his eyes shut as he heard Wonwoo walking away and talking quietly to himself. He kept his eyes shut until he felt a wiggly lump get set on his lap, then they snapped open.

     He looked at the puppy on his lap in disbelief. "Wonwoo, is this a dog?" Mingyu's eyes shot between the puppy and Wonwoo.

     Wonwoo smirked, "Yes."

     Mingyu picked up the puppy, who blinked at him sleepily. "He's so cute!"

     Wonwoo nodded.

     "Why did you get me a puppy? I know you don't like dogs."

     "Easy. I love you and I would do anything for you." Wonwoo smiled. "It's a bonus that he is a mini-Mingyu, so I actually really like him too."

     Mingyu cried. He didn't want to, but Wonwoo was too much. Wonwoo hugged him and the puppy his arm. 

     "What do you want to name him?" Wonwoo asked after Mingyu calmed down.

     "Suki... I've always wanted a dog named Suki..." Mingyu smiled. "This is the best Christmas ever..."

~~~~~~     

     "Wait... You said Suki reminded you of me. How?"

     Wonwoo smiled, thinking back to when he first bought Suki. "He was cute, both hyper and sleepy at once, and he bit me."

     "Hey! I don't bite you...often..."


I'm almost crying. Why does Meanie have to be so fluffy? Can you imagine this though? That would be such a meaningful gift coming from Wonwoo... Okay, so be honest here... How many people are jealous of Suki? *raises hand* I know I am....

Anyway...

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy New Year! Happy Birthday for you lucky (or unlucky, depeding on your outlook) Christmas babies!

 

P.S. Do you like the Christmas themed text colors? :\