Trifle

Cat and Candy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~~

Smitten

~~~~

Something changed.

For most part, everything remained the same but Hoseok noticed the subtle changes. It felt like leaving the door slightly ajar. You could feel the wind escaping through it. The house remained the same, but you could feel the difference.

That was exactly what he felt about Yoongi.

The older boy wasn’t being too secretive about staring now. Their eyes always met when Hoseok turned. He also included occasional visit to practice room during Hoseok extra hours, just sitting on the couch with his notepad. They talked more now; which was good in a way. Min Yoongi was such a cold in the past. He was always a little too uncaring; a little too sharp and careless with words.

‘Are you done with your practice?’

It was 2 a.m.

Hoseok turned his face towards the door. The rapper-hyung that kept occupying his mind was standing there, leaning against the doorframe. There was a pair of dark circles under his eyes, standing stark against his pale skin. He wondered how many days the boy had gone without sleeping properly. He always took a nap whenever he could, but that was an obvious result from too much times spent on composing until very late in the morning.

‘I’m done,’ he pushed himself up to his feet. ‘Are you?’

The studio room was just a few doors away. Sometimes, Hoseok went there even when they weren’t recording. Music had always been his passion for the obvious reason. Watching Suga and Rapmon working on it became some kind of therapy for him – besides dancing, of course.

‘Almost. Come, I want to show you something,’ the black-haired rapper tipped his head towards the direction of the studio. ‘Then we can go home together.’

 

He liked it. He liked it a lot.

Hoseok read through the lyric as the beats played in the background. It was still rough, but he could feel the fresh vibes through it. Trust it to Yoongi to come out with brilliant song like this. He wrote lyrics too when he got the chance, but Yoongi was a person of different level.

‘This is awesome,’ he finally raised his face, just in time to see Yoongi pulled his phone down from what suspiciously looked like a “snapping-a-picture” position. ‘Did you take my picture?’

The older boy nodded offhandedly.

‘I like your expression. Here,’ he showed the phone screen to Hoseok. ‘Looks like you really like it.’

Well, Yoongi wasn’t wrong. He liked it.

‘My bare face looks disgusting. Delete that.’

Yoongi lifted a brow up, turning the screen back at him.

‘It’s not. I think you look your best like this.’

This hyung is weird.

‘I thought you didn’t like sweat.’

‘I don’t,’ he put the phone down. ‘But you look good sweating.’

This seriously sounded like flirting. Coming from Min Yoongi, it was a bit threatening too, especially now that they were the only two left on the floor.

‘Aha, yea right,’ the younger rapper handed the lyric back to his friend. ‘Let me hear this first after you’re done composing. I really like it.’

Yoongi nodded.

For a moment, silence draped between them comfortably. Hoseok took the time to look around the room. He noticed how the place seemed to take up the shorter rapper’s personality well. There were also traces of Rapmon around. These two people spent the most time in the studio, working on s for BTS or their personal mixtape.

‘I’ll get it done as soon as possible.’

Min Yoongi watched as the prodigal dancer turned back to look at him. The boy was always sunshine and smile; something he quietly enjoyed despite the high decibel of noise he made sometimes. Hoseok positivity was contagious. He especially liked to watch when JHope was in a mode of teasing the maknae lines. He did it gracefully – all sunshine and evil at the same time. Hardly anybody could keep a straight face or anger for long with his cheekiness.

Jung Hoseok was enough to turn his mood around in a good way.

‘Hyung…’

Yoongi made a small sound at the back of his throat as answer. Right now, they were looking at each other eye-to-eye. The boy knew he heard him.

Hoseok’s smile widening.

‘I know you like watching me. But can you pack up so we can go home now?’

 

Like.

Like didn’t even describe half of what he felt towards Hoseok. He needed stronger word.

Min Yoongi liked everybody in BTS, but Hoseok was special. He liked him more than everybody. Being with Hoseok gave a unique kind of warmth in his chest. Watching him always made Yoongi smile. He didn’t mind going around doing stupid acts with the boy; anytime of the day.

He definitely needed a stronger word than just like.

Everything about Jung Hoseok captivated him.  The boy’s laugh, his silly jokes and lately - his lips. The bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter