Good Morning, Beautiful

Good Morning, Beautiful

 

Silence is a bliss. You love it, especially when you're buried in nothing but comfort. The softness of everything pulls you down into feelings of warmth and comfort. You wish you can just stay within nothingness forever.

Beep! Beep!

But of course, life can be a colossal pain, sometimes. And you have to wake up.

Beep! Beep!

I'm getting up. Damn it, I'm getting up, you tell yourself as you regain your senses.

The ray of light intrudes your solace, forcing your eyes to open up. As you slowly reboot, you begin to gain control of your surroundings again. You feel the smooth, velvety feel of your sheets caressing your hands.

Everything starts as a blur, but you gain focus. It doesn't take long for everything to be crystal clear. The morning is finally here.

While the sheets and pillows invite you to sleep again, your eyes won't permit you. The cold breeze from the air conditioner also attempts to lull you back but to no avail. You are definitely not sleeping again.

Your hands reach out for your phone and turn it off. Just because you couldn't sleep anymore, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the bed. You shift and turn to the other side, only to be greeted with one of the most delicious images in the world.

His back faces you, but the light from the window produces a silhouette you can't keep your eyes off. The alarm was unsuccessful with him; he remains unconscious to the world and to your sticky staring. You watch as he breathes and it suddenly hits you—

You just married this guy and now, you're sharing a bed with him.

The reminder brings back memories of what happened last night, which also explains why pillows are all over the place and why you're barely wearing—

You giggle at the thought.

He continues to sleep in silence. With all of the festivities yesterday, it's no wonder he's dead to the world. The back of his head tempts you to wake him up and ask for some snuggle, but you know he deserves the rest. After all the hissy fits over decorations and tears due to vows, it's time for him to sleep endlessly.

The day nudges you to get up. Quietly, you sit up and search for anything you can wear. His oversized coat hangs by the bedpost and so are his boxers. Since he's all yours, you have every right to wear what he wears, right?

 

Careful not to wake him up, you slip on his clothes and silently move to the edge of the bed. Your stomach rumbles, reminding you it's time to get some food. As you make your move towards the phone, a strong hand pulls you back.

"Mhm...where do you think you're going?"

His groggy voice oozed with a lame excuse of seduction. Despite this, you couldn't help but feel amused as you redirect your attention to him.

 

Kim Jongin (a.k.a. EXO's Kai) grins sleepily at you.

 

"Good morning," you say, ruffling his hair.

"Morning to you too," he says, then he looks at you from top to bottom, "Wow, aren't you beautiful?"

His gaze is so intent, you feel like you're about to melt. Before you actually do, you gently push his face away.

"Stop staring!" you say.

"Why? I've seen everything," he teases, adding a seductive wink.

Oh Dear God, thank You.

He sits up and basks under the light of the sun peeping from your window. It doesn't help that he looks even more amazing--his dark skin, the toned chest, his devil-may-care hair and the eyes that stare at your very soul.

"Aren't you cold, yet?" you ask. He looks inquisitively at you.

"Well, you have my clothes,"

"Ahhh..."

"Unless you take them off."

Despite his cheeky moments, you can't help but feel so glad you're married to this man. Sure, he's an international KPop star everyone loves, but there's more to Jongin than what people can see. You remember fondly those moments that lead to yesterday--that day you finally said I Do.

 

"Come back here," he says and pulls you back. You fall and land on the bed. He continues to pull you towards him. Before you know it, you’re nestled comfortably against his chest. His breathing tickles your ear while sending shivers to your spine.

Kai's arms are around you, his hands enveloping yours. He nestles his face on your nape and plants a soft kiss.

"Go back to sleep, Jongin-ah," you tell him, "You're dead tired."

"No, I'm not," he whines, "I just want to pull you closer."

"Why?"

He plants another kiss on your cheek. "Because I love you, silly," he says, "And I can't wait to wake up next to you every day."

You smile as he drowns you with his kisses. His arms tighten around your waist and finally, you couldn't help it. You turn around to face him and you gaze at his beautiful eyes.

"I love you," you whisper and you kiss him.

Then and there, you realize: there's nothing better than waking up next to the love of your life.

 

~~~~~

 

A/N: Wrote this for a friend before. Now, posted it here because let's face it, Jongin stans want to wake up next to him and be that lucky girl.