Entering Lion's Den

Secret Eye

“First years follow me!” Leone Johnson, the sixth year prefect of Gryffindor bellowed after the feast. Yuri and Taeyeon gave a quick smile to Hyoyeon, who was taken aback for a moment before the two gestured themselves to an ever worried Jessica, who was busy craning her neck to catch a glimpse of her distance cousin’s feature.

Hyoyeon shrugged and raised her cypress wand, casting a sparkly spell which created a small fireworks of ‘I’m Here!’. The first year grinned when Jessica backed down with a smile. She nudged her friend’s ribs, and pointed at Jessica, whom at the moment was talking with a blonde girl whom in instant she disliked.

The blonde hated Jessica, and the feeling was mutual. She noticed that they were bonded by a dark red string. She raised an eyebrow at that.

Humans are definitely strange. If she hated someone, she would do anything just to avoid that person. But why would her cousin, Jessica, entertain that person? She even laughed, though it was a mocking laugh she knew so much.

“Is she a Veela?” Henry asked while looking curiously at a person beside Jessica. “The girl with chubby face, I know that aura everywhere.” He continued, pointing his index finger to the said girl. She was a Slytherin, but for some reason she doesn’t look like she is a Slytherin.

Chen beside him frowned. “If she does, why am I not allured by her?”

“Because her ‘allure’ is locked by a strange magic,” she said. “A strange magic only a Ravenclaw heir should know.”

“Ah.” Chen nodded, and obediently followed the group of first years Gryffindor to reach the Gryffindor tower. Chen had already mingled with others, namely Zhoumi (a second year) and Shindong (same year) while Henry was busy gaining the attention of other girls. He enjoyed the attention immensely.

The midget raised an eyebrow and fastened her pace to match the group of firsties. They reached the corridor of the Gryffindor tower’s entrance after a long ten minute walk from Great Hall. It was enough for Hyoyeon to observe the group of eleven and made a new friend.

It was an achievement for an introvert like her.

“Nicole, please stay still.” Hyoyeon said with a huff. The girl beside her pouted and crossed her arms, and stopped looking at her back.

She was afraid of Peeves, it seems.

“Peeves won’t do anything if you are beside me, Nic.” Hyoyeon said softly. “You do saw how he talked to me, right?”

“Full of honour.” Nicole squinted her eyes to her. “I wonder why?”

“Partly because I’m not a human,” Hyoyeon grinned. “Peeves knows that feeling, so I guess he pitied me.” She added with a mysterious voice. Nicole continued to squint her eyes to the girl an inch shorter than her. She wasn’t amused.

“You’re not funny, Hyo.” She deadpanned. The said girl only shrugged, unbothered. “I never meant to be funny.”

They stopped in front of a portrait of a fat lady wearing a pink Victorian gown. Leone gathered the firsties and demanded an entrance to the portrait. “Password?” The lady in portrait asked softly, but full of dignity.

Semper idem.” Leone answered. The portrait moved to reveal another corridor to Gryffindor common room. “What are you waiting for? Move in lads!” He ushered, and the firsties immediately followed their prefect’s command.

Leone hastily walked in front of the group after making sure that the portrait is secured. “Girls dorm on my right and Boys dorm on my left. Remember boys, you cannot go to girls’ dorm. Look on the notice board for your assigned room. Curfew at nine just for today-“

“But Leone!” Henry suddenly interrupted. “I always sleep around eleven!”

“And what time you will be awake?” Leone sneered. “11 AM? Class starts on 9AM while you’ve gotta need breakfast, Lau.”

Henry crossed his arms, his sharp eyes glaring at the sixth year. “Always awake at 5 AM, thank you. Asian like us are bunch of hardworking fellows, Johnson.” He retaliated coldly.

Leone’s ears turned red. He hated it when someone, much younger than him questioned his command or even talked back. He is a man with pride, and though he never wanted to admit it, this little boy had hurt his pride.

“Why you-“

“Amigo!” A loud voice immediately interrupted the storm that was about to occur inside the common room. The owner of the voice marched to the group, slinging her arm to a Hyoyeon’s neck.

“Hyoyeon, right?” She reluctantly nodded at the stranger’s question. “I’m Tiffany, your cousin Jessica’s friend.” She smiled and shook Hyoyeon’s hand. She let her go, only to find her in the arms of another midget. The midget of the midgetest(?) grinned and introduced herself. “I’m Taeyeon, usually called Erika but that was my alias alright! Say, your cousin is such a nasty fellow. You know that right?” –Hyoyeon nodded again- “HAH! Okay then!” Taeyeon released her arms and turned to the new Gryffindors. “I’m Taeyeon Erika Kim. My surname is Kim but I never knew why everyone called me Erika? But meh, WELCOME TO GRYFFINDOR! I assure you it’s better than huffy-tuffy hufflepyieskins! Though we are alike in commonness!” Taeyeon’s eye twitched when she heard Tiffany behind her muttered ‘trying too hard’.

“I object you said we are ‘common’!” A red head bellowed. Hyoyeon remembered him as Taehyung. An interesting 4D boy with a questionable fashion. He dressed like a grandpa. A cool grandpa.

“Why not Taekiens?” Taeyeon smirked. “Gryffindors are canon fodders!  Hufflepuffs are mere peasants! I DARE YOU TO SAY OTHERWISE YO-“

“Enough, Taeng.” A calm looking girl –with a hint of dorkiness- interrupted with an obviously exaggerated ladylike voice. “Forgive my friend here. Welcome to Gryffindor, little cubs. I’m… My name is… (Turns to Taeyeon, who mouthed “You HAVE to.”) Grr… Megan Kwon. Don’t ever call me Megan. Just… Yuri, my Korean name.”

“Ok.” The firsties chorused. Yuri sent the sixth year prefect to scram with her cold glare, to which the older boy reluctantly agreed upon as he immediately went to his dorm.

“Hyoyeon?” Hyoyeon raised her hand shyly. “Ah, you’re Jessica’s cousin. She’s very excited at having you here. Well you, Nicole, Song Qian, Bora, Amber and… what the f- Uvuweve Yu Jin?” She glared at the new students, who looked like about to laugh at her.

“It’s my name and it’s Uee, Yuri!” A bubbly looking girl corrected. “You are supposed to ignore the ‘w’ and ‘v’.”

“Uuee then?”

“It’s how you say my name.” Uee deadpanned again. The second years contemplated for a second while rolling their tongue to say their underclassman’s name. And it was right.

“Alright. You are on the first room. Knock thrice before entering, alright?” She said as she smiled at the five girls, who immediately went up to their room.


“I say we should properly introduce ourselves.” The only guy in the middle of the girls said. He immediately turned to Song Qian who was on his right. “Hi, my name is Kim Key Kibum. People call me Fabulous Key when it’s actually Fabulous Kibum damn it! Anyway, nice to meet you.”

“Key!” Hyoyeon suddenly interrupted, making Kibum quickly turned to her in a flash.

At first the midget gave a blowing kiss to him, then suddenly her palm turned into a middle finger, while she was grinning like a maniac. Kibum looked stunned before smiling evilly at himself. He moved her palm as if he caught the kiss, but then his palm turned into a middle finger, exclusively for Hyoyeon.

“Now it’s your turn.” Kibum said to Song Qian after an exaggerated brawling with Hyoyeon.

Song Qian looked taken aback as Kibum urged her to introduce herself. “I- er.. Nice to meet you too, Kibum. I’m Song Qian, but please call me Victoria for short.” She then turned to Nicole.

“I’m Nicole Jung, but my friends call me Nicole.” Nicole held her gaze to Uee, who was munching a cookie. Correction, was full of cookies.

“I’m Uvuweve Yu Jin. Call me Uee!” She introduced herself whilst bowing to them. She nudged Hyoyeon who was on her right.

“I’m Venus Kim Hyoyeon. I don’t really know why, but everyone started calling me Hyoraengi.” Hyoyeon turned to Bora.

“I’m Bora Yoon. Call me Bora.” She introduced herself shortly before turning to Henry.

“Hadrian Lau. A fabulous part veela I am!” He said dorkily, and it earned a raise of an eyebrow from Shindong.

“But your name is Henry-“

“MOVING ON!” Taeyeon who watched them in background shouted. Shindong grumbled and introduced himself, followed by Chen, Taehyung, and lastly Amber.

“I’m Amber Josephine Liu. I’m a girl, so call me Amber…” she added darkly. The girls patted her on her back, muttering ‘it’s okay’ and ‘don’t worry, we know’.

The first year group continued to chat about things while waiting for them to feel sleepy while the older cubs watching over them. After some moments later the Head Girl, Lyanna Evan entered the common room and greeted them all. The introduced herself as the Head Girl (and apologized for the absence of the Head Boy, Jonathan Palmer) and began to explain the inside rules of Gryffindor.

“And I almost forgot,” She said after explaining the rules. “All of you are expected to be in an Order by Christmas. If you want to know which Order is which, please ask the seniors for further information on Order sorting. Any questions?”

Kibum raised an arm. “Yes Kibum?”

“What is an Order?”

Lyanna nodded and thanked her for the question. “It’s like a Student Council, almost like Prefects and Clubs but it’s –I assure you – better than that. There are twelve Orders, and each of them contained approximately 30 until 36 members. I myself is on the Order of Two; usually we do money making things like bazaar every October 5th and charity things every March 12th, for example is charity concert, charity bazaar, Quidditch for charity, and many more. If you want to apply on Angels-I mean Order of Two you can come to me and do a little bit of test.”

Henry raised a hand. “Yes Hadrian?”

“I prefer it would be Henry, Lyanna. What is the test? Is it painful? Can we apply more than one Order?”

Hearing the question, the Irish girl shook her head with a frown. “I’m afraid not, Henry. Once you attended the ceremony – dates varied on each Order – you can’t attend other Order’s ceremony and enter the Order’s common room. Please choose the Order you wanted to choose very carefully by talking to Order Prefects so you could do a little test which would reveal what is your strong point and potential.” She said very seriously. They all gulped.

With a small smile, Lyanna continued her explanation, “If you don’t think you wanted to be on Order of One until Order of Ten, you could enter Order of Elf and Order of Zwölf; two Orders that don’t do anything too serious. I don’t mean to offend the Elfes and Zwölfes but they do absolutely nothing. Just simple gathering. If they have schedules then it’s not annual like the rest. And the test isn’t painful at all, Henry.” She explained softly, while looking at Henry at the end of her explanation.

“Not really, you need to fight a troll to be in Order of Six,” Taeyeon pointed out suddenly. She looked at Hyoyeon who raised an eyebrow. “Your sister – I mean cousin – and her girlfriend- I mean, Tiffany –insert Taeyeon’s laughter- whacked twelve feet troll on their own.” Taeyeon coughed. “Every Classix- I mean every members Order of Six are badass, including me myself and I. Yuri here is also like me! BADASS!” She finished dorkily.

Tiffany beside her could only sigh in annoyance before retreating back to her chamber—which she shared with Taeyeon, Yuri, and Hyorin.

“Taeyeon, you’re a British, idiot.” Yuri muttered, facepalming. That was when Henry noticed that the colour of Yuri’s hair turned to a hue of red. He quickly nudged Amber, who noticed the same thing. “Metamorphagus?” He asked quietly to her, who nodded.

“British idiot or British, idiot?” Taeyeon asked critically, eyes squinting dangerously toward the metamorphagus while growling. Yuri feigned a thoughtful look, then answered, “Both could.”

“HUH?!” That’s it, Taeyeon leaped from her seat, pointing her twelve and half inches heart oak wood wand to her, muttering a weak hex to her. Yuri was quick to draw her own thirteen inches English oak wand to counter the hex.

“IT’S A FACT, ERIKA!”

“ENOUGH YOU TWO!” Lyanna roared, stunning the two with a deadly accurate Expelliarmus right on their chest, sending them straight to the wall.

Right at the moment, everyone on the first year witnessed the raw skill of Duelling Champion of 2017.