Sorting Hat

Secret Eye

The 9 ¾ platform was very crowded that day. It wasn’t any surprise for anyone, as it was clearly said that it was a magical express for Hogwarts’ students. And that day, was 1st of September, the start of a new term on the best magical school of England.

The students were buzzing around exactly like a colony of bees. The new students were anxious, while the much older students were composed. Especially the prefects. Why not, they were prefects! Prefects should keep their composure at all time, of course.

Outside the express, stood a young man around fifteen standing proudly. A young boy approached him, asking whether he found his pink cat or not, to which the fifth year prefect sighed dramatically. The sigh was soon formed into a proud grin, as he eyed his prefect badge with a glint of pride. Oh yes, Ryeowook was proud. Being a muggleborn surely wasn’t as nice as being a pureblood, but his parents were still proud of him. Professor Frosch trusted him, that was an achievement.

“I had not seen a pink cat,” He looked at his list, “Lau, your name is Hadrian Lau, right?”

“Henry.” The young boy smiled goofily. At the older boy’s questioning look, his smile widens. “My mom thought Hadrian is the right name, but she insisted since she simply loved Henry as my name.” –Henry’s eyes turned into curious one– “Then do you see any pink fur-scarf? Millie liked to transform into those horrendous thing!”

Ryeowook raised an eyebrow, but craned his long neck to look for the said pink fur-scarf. There, he spotted it! “Six o’clock, old lady with tacky looking hat.” He mumbled then raised his wand. “Accio Millie the cat!” Jackpot, the pink scarf flew to his arms instantly.

“Millie!” Henry grinned and hugged the cat tightly. Millie squirmed for a while, before surrendering to his –yes Millie is a male- master’s deathly hug. “Thanks a lot!” Henry said, bowing to him before disappearing into the crowd.

“Huh.” Ryeowook cocked his head upward, then scribbled something on his note.

Hadrian Lau is a goofy, mischievous boy though seems quite at first. I sense a faint aura that I recognized immediately, but couldn’t identify it.

“Ryeowook!” Ryeowook looked up with a start, and sighed in relief when it was only Donghae who greeted him. Damn him for having the same voice as Krept, Kamilla Pattin, his stalker.

Ryeowook shot Donghae a grin before his eyes landed on the shiny badge on his chest. “Prefect?” He enquired, looking at him with a confused eye.

“Order prefect.” Donghae said, shrugging. “Our last upperclassman member graduated right? So I’m a prefect now.”

“Who’s the Head?” He dumbly asked. Damn, there goes his plan for being a Six Head Boy. “Leeteuk?” He asked in horror stricken squeak.

Donghae only laughed and then shook his head, much to Ryeowook’s relief. “Jaebum and Ailee, obviously. Now aren’t you going to board?”

Ryeowook yelped in surprise and boarded the train hastily.


Seohyun enjoyed strolling around the compartments on the express. She had meet her friends, but she hadn’t yet to meet her Order’s sworn enemies. Namely, Lu Han. That smarmy blonde git had gone too far last year, spilling a boiling melting potion on Bom’s leg, just because he simply hated her. Bom spent half of her year on the hospital wing, before a man called Thanatos came and cured Bom with a flick of his long cane.

Seohyun stopped.

She heard that name before. But where? Was it from a book?

But before she could remember, she bumped to a person she resented more than Lu Han. Lu Han was a decent man, a gentleman actually, but this… prat, wasn’t. He was, in shortarrow-10x10.png, a bastard.

“’Noon, Mademoiselle!” Yonghwa greeted her, smiling goofily. Seohyun gave him a quick smile before practically running away from the French-wannabe fourth year Hufflepuff. But alas, she wasn’t quick enough. With a loud yelp, the Ravenclaw was already on his arms.

“Why do you run?” He laughed, after having securely wrapping his arms around Seohyun. The Ravenclaw girl squirmed in disgust. “I only wanted to greet, yet my lady ignores me,” he sighed, “such a pain.” He purred, inching his mouth closer to her lips.

“You deserve it.” Seohyun hissed angrily, once again squirming. God, where is her knight in shining armour when she needed him?!

“Feisty!” He laughed again. “I liked that.”

Stupefy!” A shout hollered, then the second after that, Yonghwa slumped beside her. Seohyun quickly turned around, thanking profusely to her saviour then ran away. Seohyun didn't even bother to remember the person's features at all.

“Weird girl,” the person, which wasn’t more than twelve years old girl muttered under her breath. She huffed as her long bangs covered her eyes, then sheathed her wand back to its holster.

She shrugged as the express began to move, and continued to walk, not forgetting to step on the unconscious boy’s hand. “Bastard.” She said, then made her way to her cabin, that is exactly beside it.


Jessica was ecstatic.

Her very distant cousin is going to enrol here!

She couldn’t wait to introduce her about Slytherin cunningness and all. Her cousin was an extraordinary witch, for a reason, and had a superb ability to be a cunning snake. And she was a prat. But Jessica remembered her cousin’s uncle who lived with her and her two siblings. A strange man, he is.

“What’s your cousin’s name, Jessica?” Bom asked, with her Slytherin badge gleaming proudly on her chest. Everyone thought she would be a Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, but it turned out she had an ambitious trait hidden among her ‘baby’ face. And her cunningness had developed greatly after a year on Hogwarts.

Very distant cousin,” Jessica corrected, eyeing at Professor Magna whom just entered the hall. “Kim, she is. Ought to look in front.”

The stoic deputy headmistress strolled inside with a hasty pace, followed by a large group of new students who looked at the bewitched railing in awe. Professor Magna smiled curtly toward Professor McGonagall, whom returned the smile as curtly as she did, and unrolled a parchment. The hat was already on the stool, still singing its usual song but with a slight revision than last year. It dissed Hufflepuff, greatly.

Bom and Sooyoung chuckled when they saw a displeased face of Dara, Ryeowook, Donghae, and Minzy on the Hufflepuff table. Dara even already glaring daggers toward the hat.

“I shall call your name one by one,” Professor Magna announced. "Archae, Wulfric"


“Kim, Hyoyeon.”

“That’s her!” Jessica squealed in delight as a very young girl who doesn’t look like an eleven years old sauntered toward the stool. She looked lazy, with her half closed eyes and lazy smirk tugged on her lips. But her stance, everyone noted, looked very sharp and arrogant.

“I bet 50 galleons she’ll end up in Slytherin.” Bom whispered to Sooyoung’s ear, who huffed. “I think she’ll end up in Hufflepuff. She looked like rebellious badger.”

“She looked like a rhinoceros.” Craig sniggered. “She’ll end up in Gryffindor for sure. Sixty galleons.”

“We don’t want your money,” Jessica rolled her eyes, shutting down her offer. “Fifteen galleon the hat tried to get her on Slytherin, fifty she chose something else.” She smirked. Bom contemplated for a moment before agreeing and betted for the same.


Hyoyeon's POV

Cunningness. Loyalty. Bravery. A thrive to learn but not study? Interesting, you are.” The Hat paused. “You’ll do well in Slytherin, but I can sense you don’t exactly want to be one.”

“Not really,” I replied lazily in my head. “I want to become a Slytherin. But you do saw things with my uncle, correct?”

Desire to defy your wizard uncle,” The Hat agreed. “Great desire is on in every Slytherin’s blood, you know.” ­­–the hat looked startled- “You are not a witch, aren’t you? Your pattern is different. You ran away from him and stayed at Orphanage. There you were loved because they don’t know who you are.”

“They know,” I sighed. “Kris knows. Sunny knows. Though they are not the orphans there.”

Lee Sunkyu. Yes, a very Ravenclaw material, that young seer. Do you want to become a badger, Kim?”

“Nope.” I smiled inside my mind. On the outside, I was frowning. “Slytherin is great, do you know that? You have the very aspect of Slytherin. Your ambitious desire wasn’t very Slytherin, but your cunningness for greater thing is admirable.”

“Sod off.” I growled. “If I am a Slytherin, I… I can’t say that I am different from him!” I frowned. “Please, anything aside Slytherin!”

Hufflepuff?

“Should I burn you with Fiendyfire?” I half-threatened. I had mastery for that difficult curse, but that would drain my magic core greatly. I had nothing against Hufflepuff, but I’m not a hardworking person so I couldn’t bear to be inside a bunch of hardworking people and ordinary people. *snort arrogantly*

The hat groaned. “You are the same as your very distant cousin, what was her name again? Ah, Sooyeon Jung.

“I am the same as Jessica,” I chuckled. “That’s cute. We’re the violent cousins after all!”

Ah,” The hat smirked. “You are a very interesting young little girl. Then you shall better be… GRYFFINDOR!” It screamed the house name out loud for everyone to hear.


“I KNEW IT!” Erika, who now wanted to be referred as Taeyeon, screamed with a chuckle. Her friends beside her looked embarrassed. Yuri was even mortified. She scooted closer to Tiffany, who didn’t mind for a bit.

“Welcome to the best house, Hyoyeon!” Their Head Boy, Yohan Hodrick, welcomed the wobbly girl warmly. He patted her head and gave her a place to sit beside Nearly Headless Nick.

“Hello, Sir Porpington.” She greeted the ghost with a formal smile. Nick, having his eyes wide after he recognized her name, smiled stiffly to her. “Hello to you too, Lady Kim.”

“Hyoyeon is fine,” Hyoyeon said with a small smile. “I am no lady as of yet.”

Her statement led to thousands of questions inside the lions’ head.


Chen's POV

“Kim, Jongdae.”

 

I walked tentatively toward the stool, eyeing the Sorting Hat curiously. It will shout out the house, right? I looked at my magical guardian, Professor Magna, who encouraged me to approach it. I nodded and did as I was told. Professor Magna lowered the hat to my head slowly, but it barely touched my head when I heard a whisper inside my mind.

You are a very easy one, little wolf. GRYFFINDOR!” It screamed, and a grin broke out from my lips. I saw The Other Kim kid grinned at me and clapped, while the Lau kid applauded dorkily beside her. They looked okay for a friend. I sat beside an upperclassman who patted the seat beside him, grinning all the way to me.

“Baekhyun at your service, mate!” He saluted me, to which I saluted back. I turned to The Other Kim who smirked at me. “Hyoyeon, peasant!”

“Hey! That’s my line!” I laughed and shook her hand. "I'm Chen, by the way. Everyone calls me that." Hyoyeon nodded and smirked at me.

She… looked like a Slytherin’s material. Why is she here?


Henry's POV

“Lau, Hadrian!”

I practically jumped to the stool, jabbing the ragged looking hat to my head. After ten seconds (yes I counted!), a small voice began to talk into my head.

Lau, Hadrian. You are an easy one aren’t you? Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are out of question, as you definitely had a brilliant mind, but lack of desire to study.”

I sniggered at his monologue. “No one wanted to study.” I smirked. “Name five!”

Well that’s easy,” the voice looked surprised. “Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, Lily Evans, Go Minzy, Seo Juhyun! There! Five of them you little cretin!”

“Whoa whoa language!” I laughed inside my mind. “But yea I don’t want to. Might as well put me in Gryffindor, right?”

It’s not that easy!” He snarled. “But I don’t see why I can’t, GRYFFINDOR!” I grinned before sitting beside Kim, who looked at me weirdly. Don’t tell me she knew?


I practically ignored the rest of the sorting, until I heard my close friend’s name being announced. I sent him a smirk as the Sorting Hat was lowered to his head. Meh, Kris is an obvious Slytherin.


Kris' POV

“Wu, Kris!” Like I always do, I walked confidently to the stool and sat facing the imbeciles. I saw Hyoyeon smirked as Professor Magna lowered the Sorting Hat to me.

Ah, you were mentioned by Kim Hyoyeon earlier. You knew about her secret, eh?

“Of course I know, I’m her best friend.” I retorted, annoyed. “Why don’t you just sort me already?”

You’re too obvious,” the hat deadpanned. “You’re interesting, I want to talk to you more. You’re a Slytherin material. Too easy to decided, you know?

“SLYTHERIN!” I shouted, just to mess up its ‘brain’ and everyone’s brains. If they have one.

Heh.

WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?”

“Just sort me already, O great hat of Hogwarts!” I mocked, holding the urge to laugh out loud. The hat knew I’m going to, but it’ll disrespect it more if I done it out loud, right?

Heh. (2)

FINE!  SLYTHERIN!” I laughed and took off the hat, and practically ran to my destined house. I waved to Hyoyeon who took notice of me and waved back.

Apparently I was the last one to sort, so right after Professor Magna rolled the parchment, Professor McGonagall stepped to front.

“Welcome to Hogwarts for all of you my children! I’m afraid I don’t have much to say, but remember this, especially Hufflepuff students,” the Puff sat upright almost immediately. “Illegitimi non carborundum. Let the feast begin!” The elder woman clapped, then food started to appear on the tables.

My mouth watered at the sight, but then I remembered Hyoyeon.

She was looking at me.

You are not.” She said with hand gestures.

I nodded.

I always believed her.


Yup. That's chap 1

Comment is appriciated, you know? Very, even.