Final

All I Want for Christmas

“A date?” Chanyeol repeated curiously, head tilted to the side and eyebrows raised. “Why?”

Kris laughed at that. “I know you like me. I’ve been watching you for a while.” He reached out cupping the younger man’s face. “You should have told me sooner.”

“Huh? No! I-I mean…”

“Call me Kris.” He added leaning his forehead against him bangs falling in his face.

“I bet his hair is really soft.”

“What?”

Chanyeol was brought back to reality at the sound of Sehun’s voice. He was no longer out in the courtyard, hands linked with a very charming Wu Yifan. Rather he was sitting on the rooftop with his friends staring across the large expanse of roof to where Kris was hanging out with his own clique. They were not really that far but it seemed like they were worlds away. When Chanyeol pulled his eyes away from him to look at his friends he realized Baekhyun was staring at him with a look that suggested he had said more than he should have. Chanyeol blushed furiously before digging his nose back into his chemistry book and trying to maneuver another bite of his forgotten sandwich at the same time.

“You’re doing the thing again.” Baekhyun commented as he picked at his own lunch.

“What thing?” He sighed.

“The thing where you start to daydream, droll a little, and then talk to yourself while openly staring at your dreamboat crush with a basketball attached to his hip.” He jabbed his chopsticks in Chanyeol’s direction for added emphasis. “You’re like one of those creepy main characters from a manga.”

“Thanks so much for the moral support Baek.” Chanyeol responded sarcastically.

“What do you want me to do? I could encourage you to go over there right now and rub your gay all over him. There is always a possibility he will take you up on the offer.”

“Probably not though.” Jongdae added before Chanyeol could even voice his distress with that statement.

“I’m sorry, you’re right.” Baekhyun conceded. “Chanyeol’s isn’t that spectacular. Actually, it’s more like a pancake.”

“Can you stop?”

“Nope.”

-XxX-

“I have come up with the perfect solution for your Kris problem.” Baekhyun announced loudly causing Chanyeol to freak out and yank him down as if that would make them any less noticeable. It only seemed to draw more attention to the duo as they were now squatting in the middle of the hallway. “You know how whenever you see Kris you just end up embarrassing yourself?” He continued completely unfazed by this new development.

“Like how?” He asked.

“Like you know, tripping, slipping, falling down the stairs, running into doors, walls, and windows. That kind of stuff. Also, you drool.”

“I DO NOT DROOL!” He screeched mortified and wondering how of everyone in this school, this was his best friend. “Do I?” He asked self-consciously rubbing at his chin. He was also aware that he had just drawn even more attention to himself with the outburst, but once they saw it was just him and Baekhyun they disregarded it and moved on with their lives. This must happen a lot he realized.

Baekhyun gave him a rather noncommittal answer that came out in the form of a “eeeeeehhhhh” and then straightened up looking as serious as he possibly could (which wasn’t much, this was Baekhyun for ’s sake). “You just need to walk up to Kris and tell him you like him. Rip off that band aide so that he either rejects you or bangs you. I don’t care which one, but do something because this one-sided mating ritual of yours is…kinda pathetic.”

“You inspire the best in people, has anyone ever told you that?” Chanyeol asked. He was pretty sure there had to be times when Baekhyun wasn’t a complete .

“Seriously, it was funny at first, now it’s just sad.” Right now, was not one of those moments.

“What about you? You like Jongin, have you told him yet?”

“No.” Baekhyun sniffed. “But at least Jongin knows I exist. Has Kris ever even looked at you?” Chanyeol hated it when Baekhyun had a point. “Look.” He grabbed Chanyeol and turned the taller male around to see Kris at the end of the hallway talking with Jongin and another kid from the basketball team. “How about a bet?”

“What kind of bet?” Chanyeol asked warily.

“Easy, we’ll go over there and if you can say two words to Kris without choking I will loudly and in front of everyone here tell Jongin exactly how I feel about him.”

Chanyeol seriously was debating it. Chances to make Baekhyun look stupid in front of so many witnesses didn’t come very often and he would definitely look stupid. Baekhyun had gone into great detail with Chanyeol the extents to which he liked Jongin, so if he were to declare that right now it would be the talk of the school for a year. “And you won’t back out?” The younger asked.

“I won’t have to.” Baekhyun answered. “I am confident that you aren’t even going to get out one word.

“We’ll see about that.” He answered confidently taking Baekhyun’s wrist and walking over towards them. The closer he got to Kris, however, the more his confidence slipped and he slowed down drastically until Baekhyun was the one dragging him.

“Hey Kai!”

Jongin looked over and smiled when he saw Baekhyun. That was when the worst happened. Kris looked curiously at the newcomers and his eyes landed on Chanyeol freezing the other giant in place. Chanyeol’s mouth felt thick, like someone had shoved cotton balls inside and he almost couldn’t breathe. He felt his best friend’s elbow digging into his side, but at this point he had already forgotten what he was supposed to do. Chanyeol coughed and looked down at his dirty converse to avoid Kris’ eyes and he could almost feel the eye roll from his friend as he chatted with Jongin about something to do with their shared biology class.

“I’ll see you later.” He finished dragging Chanyeol away from that social failure. “You lived up to every expectation.”

“Shut up.” Chanyeol groaned.

“You’re drooling.”

Chanyeol used Baekhyun’s arm to wipe off his face earning a look of disgust and a slap on the arm from his best friend.

-XxX-

“All of these are wrong.” Kyungsoo commented staring at Jongdae’s homework as they walked home from school. “Are you planning on passing your midterms at all, or do you just not give a ?”

“You’re right, Sehun should help me study.” Jongdae replied.

“Why?” Sehun asked. “I’m not good at History either. You’d be better off asking Chanyeol.” Before Chanyeol could offer his help Jongdae kicked him and gave him a glare that screamed “you better not”. He decided to do what was best for his own wellbeing.

“No can do. I have to crack that chemistry book extra hard.” He replied, it wasn’t really a lie. Tomorrow was the last day of midterms and then it was Winter break. He needed to pass so he really should study anyway. “You two should study together, maybe you’ll both improve a little.”

“You think?” Sehun asked, he was totally not buying it, but everyone here knew that Jongdae liked Sehun and had spent a good half of the year trying to get him alone. Even Baekhyun wasn’t going to ruin it for him.

“Sounds like a good idea to me.” Jongdae finished grabbing Sehun’s wrist and turning off in the direction of his apartment. “See you guys later!”

“He is so whipped. You are all so whipped. It is so hard being friends with you s.” Baekhyun groaned once they were gone.

Kyungsoo gave him a completely unamused look but the older male just let it roll off his back.

“I’m going to the library to study, you two wanna come with?” Baekhyun asked when they paused in front of it. Baekhyun had three younger siblings at home and studying there became increasingly harder as they got older. Chanyeol had to admit for everything Baekhyun was, his brothers were probably the reason.

“Nah, I was going to stop by ‘Haven’ on my way home today.” Chanyeol answered.

“Suit yourself.” Baekhyun replied then pointed at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo still didn’t look amused but ended up agreeing to go with him anyway. “See you tomorrow, Yeol.” He added crossing the street with Baekhyun and leaving the giant alone.

Chanyeol sighed watching his breath dissipate in front of him. It was really cold out lately. He stuffed his hands in his pockets in a hope to retain some of their warmth and walked the rest of the way to his favorite place like that. ‘Haven’ was a music store that had almost anything an aspiring musician could possibly want. If there was ever anything Chanyeol wanted more than Kris it was the Guitar standing in the display window. He had lost track of the number of times he had stopped outside this store to stare at it longingly. As if that alone would help him get the money for it faster. But he loved music and wanted to learn as much of it as he could. There was only so much he could learn borrowing from Yixing in their free time. He needed his own guitar.

“Someday.” Chanyeol sighed to himself before standing up straight and turning around to go home. What he didn’t expect was to crash into someone.

“Whoa!” A voice called as he grabbed Chanyeol’s arm stopping him from falling. “Are you okay?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, the hairs on the back of his neck standing up, because this time it wasn’t a fantasy. He had crashed right into Kris of all people and Kris was still holding his arm. All Chanyeol could do was stare at Kris a little dumbfounded, his mouth opening and closing in some vain attempt to force himself to speak.

He must look like such a moron right now.

-XxX-

“I cannot believe your luck!” Baekhyun laughed patting the younger (albeit taller) male on the back on their way to their last class of the semester. “You were actually levels of awkward so high that you chased him off.”

“I didn’t chase him off!” He corrected. “And I really need some comfort here!” He pouted hoping to look cute, although it rarely worked on Baekhyun.

“I’m patting your back aren’t I?” Baekhyun argued.

“I’m revoking your best friend card.”

“It could have been worse.” Kyungsoo offered from Chanyeol’s other side.

“You didn’t see how fast he dipped out. I’ve seen track stars move slower in Olympic races.”

“Did you drool on him?” Baekhyun asked.

“Ew, no! What is it with you and my drool?” Chanyeol asked but the other male just shrugged.

“Well then assuming he’s gay, you still have a chance.” He answered definitively.

Chanyeol paused midstride his face lighting up a bit. “Do you think he is?”

Before Baekhyun could answer with the: “How could he be gay? He’s a god. All the good ones are straight.” Speech he was working on, a classroom door in front of them swung open. Hard. And as luck would have it, at least Chanyeol’s luck, it smacked him right in the face.

Baekhyun choked on his laugh as Chanyeol’s nose started dripping blood and Chanyeol lifted his hand to cover his face eyes wide open in a mixture of shock and disbelief. It only made it funnier for his best friend.

“Oh my God, are you okay?” Kris asked kneeling down in front of Chanyeol with a look of genuine concern. Chanyeol on the other hand wasn’t sure if the woozy feeling he was suddenly hit with was due to Kris’ close proximity to his face, or because of blood loss. “I am so sorry, I didn’t mean to swing the door open like that. Seriously are you okay?”

Chanyeol only managed to stare at him dumbly, one hand covering the half of his face that was bleeding.

Kris looked at Kyungsoo who was next to Chanyeol. “Is he alright? Should I take him to the nurse?”

“If I let you take him to the nurse he’ll need a Doctor.” Kyungsoo replied looking thoroughly annoyed.

Baekhyun squeaked before squeezing his mouth closed in a tight line and holding his breath. He was trying so hard not to laugh right now.

“Come on, let’s go to the nurse.” Kyungsoo said pulling Chanyeol up by the arm that wasn’t covering his face and leading him away before things got anymore awkward then they already were. Or before Baekhyun passed out from lack of air while trying to not laugh in his best friend’s face.

The moment they were gone Baekhyun took a deep breath and looked at Kris. “You did good. Really, your timing could not have been more perfect.”

“Shouldn’t you be concerned? Your friend looked like he was going to be sick.” Kris replied eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“I know. Thank you for that.”

-XxX-

“Hey cheer up, it wasn’t that bad.” Baekhyun commented as he and Chanyeol walked home. Chanyeol had been quiet the whole way and he knew his best friend was just replaying his confrontation over and over in his head. Chanyeol, on his part, was appalled by his nosebleed this morning. Whatever chances he may have had with Kris before were flying away in the cold Winter wind. If he even had a chance to begin with. “At least you didn’t bleed on him.”

“You’re right, that makes the situation so much better.” Although he was being sarcastic that statement was missing its usual bite and Chanyeol couldn’t bring himself to care right now.

Baekhyun sighed. “Look, why don’t you come over? We can have movie night? We’ll watch bad Christmas movies and make fun of them the whole time. That always cheers you up.” He offered with a genuine smile. Chanyeol almost wanted to agree but at the moment all he wanted to do was curl up in bed and cry.

“I’m not in the mood right now.” He answered. “I think I’ll take a raincheck.”

Baekhyun nodded. “Tomorrow then.” He replied patting the taller male on the shoulder as they spilt up to go into their respective houses.

Chanyeol kicked off his shoes at the door and was careful to avoid his Mother on his way up to his room. He wasn’t sure he would be able to convince her that he had a good day today. He stripped off his school uniform once he reached his bedroom not bothering to change into normal clothes and wrapped himself up in his blankets. He thought of the few first impressions he has managed to have with Kris and let out a half sob. “I should just give up and date someone more in my league.” He decided, although his mind was still stuck in a fantasy of Kris.

“I’ve loved you since the moment I saw you.” Kris commented lightly kissing Chanyeol’s knuckles. “I thought it was kind of cute how you were always so nervous around me.”

“Ha, you’re just trying to make me feel better.” Chanyeol answered but he was blushing anyway. He leaned forward kissing Kris on the lips gently. “I am so glad to have you.”

“Park Chanyeol! Dinner is ready get down here now!” His Mother yelled up the stairs and since she had used his full name he figured this had not been the first time he was told. He didn’t really know when he had fallen asleep but he loathed to be pulled out of such a nice dream. Chanyeol climbed off his bed and pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

Something out of the corner of his eye caught his attention and he turned his head just in time to catch the shooting star. Chanyeol laughed at that. “Wouldn’t it be nice if my wish came true?” He asked himself and then bit his lip in thought about what he was going to wish for. “I wish for one day even, I would know what it feels like to be with Kris.” He snorted. “That would be nice.”

“Chanyeol!”

“Alright! I’m coming!” He called back before leaving his room behind.

-XxX-

The floor creaked and it was enough to make Chanyeol stir but not quite enough to wake him. It was when the bed dipped next to him that he was pulled from the comfort of sleep. “Byun Baekhyun it is too early for your .” He grumbled turning over and burying his face in his pillow.

An unfamiliar laugh had his eyes opening wide though. “You always think I’m Baekhyun. Seriously, if I didn’t know any better, I would think you two were dating.”

Chanyeol jerked up and turned his head to see a familiar tall blonde sitting on the edge of his bed. “I’m dreaming.” He moaned before pinching his own arm. After the pain registered as this being real Chanyeol’s eyes widened impossibly larger and he realized he was sleeping in his underwear. He let out the most unmanly of squeaks and dug himself under the blanket.

Kris just laughed again. “Alright, I’m leaving. But get dressed fast! I don’t want to be late.”

“Late for what?” Chanyeol asked his confusion outweighing disbelief and he was now aware that that was the first thing he had ever said to Kris.

Kris’ eyebrows raised. “Our date. Remember? It’s Christmas Eve.”

“Date?!”

-XxX-

Chanyeol was hiding in his closet the moment Kris left him alone to change waiting for his best friend to pick up his phone. Once Baekhyun had answered Chanyeol interrupted him. “This is a sick joke Baek. Sick. Did you put him up to this?”

“Put who up to what?” Baekhyun groaned tiredly.

“Why is Kris in my house?” Chanyeol seethed.

Baekhyun was quiet for a moment. “Is this a joke?” He said finally. “Chanyeol it is eight in the morning on a holiday, I am too tired for your stupid pranks.”

“You’re the one pulling a prank!” Chanyeol insisted.

“I am hanging up on you. If you want to play a stupid prank like that do it with your boyfriend. I am sure Kris will appreciate it more.” Baekhyun hung up at that and Chanyeol was left staring at his phone in shock. Baekhyun had to be playing a prank on him. How he managed to get Kris to play along though he would never know. Baekhyun probably hadn’t spoken to Kris much more than Chanyeol had.

Chanyeol stopped for a moment processing what he had just heard.

Kris was his boyfriend?

There was a knock on the door followed by Kris telling him to hurry up and Chanyeol beat his head against the closet door.

-XxX-

Chanyeol kept a safe distance between him and Kris as they walked together down the sidewalk. There was a strained silence between them that he wasn’t sure how to break. It was all kinds of awkward for Chanyeol but Kris seemed to think there was another reason for it.

“Are you still mad?” Kris asked.

“Mad?” Chanyeol repeated looking at him curiously. Did he think he was mad because he had given him a bloody nose the day before? Because Chanyeol wasn’t mad about that, more like…embarrassed tremendously.

“Yesterday, I made fun of your Star Wars sheets. You seemed pretty peeved.” Kris replied with a small smile.

Chanyeol frowned because unless he had slipped into an alternate dimension, none of that had happened. “Uh…no.” He answered.

“Then did I do something wrong today?” Kris asked.

“No.” Chanyeol replied anxiously.

Kris frowned and stepped in front of him blocking Chanyeol’s path. It was enough to cause the younger male to be a little star-struck. “You’re acting strange.”

“Strange how?” Chanyeol asked, hoping against hope that Kris hadn’t realized he was a dork already. Then again if he knew about the Star Wars sheets, then he probably did.

“You’re acting like you did when we first met.” He pointed out. “You used to be really quiet and you wouldn’t even speak to me.” He laughed at that. “I thought you hated me at the time.”

“Oh God…is that what it looked like?” Chanyeol groaned realizing that he probably did look like that. “I didn’t ever drool on you, did I?”

“You know, someday I am going to have to ask about that, because Baekhyun asked me the same thing when we first started going out.” Kris replied.

Chanyeol sighed. Of course, he did.

“Come on, we’re going to be late.” Kris exclaimed grabbed Chanyeol’s hand and linking their fingers as if that was the most natural thing in the world to do. He took the lead and Chanyeol fell into step with him. Even if this was some kind of prank, it was nice. Dating Kris for even an hour was better than not dating him at all. And he really liked how well their hands fit together.

-XxX-

The date they were going on happened to be at the bowling alley where some of Chanyeol’s friends were waiting along with some of Kris’. Chanyeol was surprised to see everyone getting along so well when most of them hadn’t ever even spoken to one another before. But Jongin and Sehun were chatting animatedly and Kyungsoo and Jongdae were talking to Luhan and Minseok like they were the best of friends. Was everyone in on this prank?

“Hey, Yeol.” Yixing greeted once he and Kris had joined them.

“Hey.” He greeted the other musician. He was probably the only one of Kris’ friends that Chanyeol was on friendly terms with. Reluctantly he pulled away from Kris to get Jongdae and Kyungsoo’s attention. “Can I talk to you guys for a second?”

“Sure, what’s up?” Kyungsoo asked turning around to look at him. Minseok and Luhan moving on to talk to Kris.

Chanyeol took a deep breath. “Okay, I trust you two, because you are the nicest of my friends, therefore I expect honest answers from you.”

“If you ask me if your outfit makes you look fat, I refuse to answer on the grounds I might incriminate myself.” Jongdae replied. “Sehun asked me that once and then he wouldn’t talk to me for a week.”

“I don’t know why you thought ‘yes’ would be a good answer to that.” Kyungsoo snorted.

“I thought he wanted me to be honest.” He defended.

“No and no.” Chanyeol interrupted. “I meant…you know…Kris.”

“What about him?” Kyungsoo asked looking around his friend to see Kris laughing a few feet away with his friends.

“I mean, this whole prank you guys have going on.” He answered. “With Kris and I dating.”

“Prank?” Jongdae asked raising an eyebrow.

“Are you still going on about that?” Baekhyun asked having come up behind him at some point and making Chanyeol jump. This guy was scarily quiet at the most inopportune moments. “So, Chanyeol calls me at eight in the morning to play some stupid prank.” He explained. “And really it’s not even remotely funny. Where do you come up with this stuff?”

“I’m not-” Just then Chanyeol found himself interrupted by Jongin wrapping his arms around Baekhyun from behind.

“You finally decided to join us?” Jongin smiled.

“Well I wasn’t given much choice when Chanyeol is calling me at eight in the morning forcing me awake.” He replied leaning back against Jongin as if that was completely normal. Chanyeol’s eyebrows shot up in complete shock. Was this a part of the prank too? He decided not when Jongin kissed Baekhyun’s cheek.

“I think I am going to be sick.” Chanyeol frowned, everything was finally clicking into place. This was real.

“Yeah, like we don’t see enough of you and Kris being gross.” Baekhyun replied.

Chanyeol clutched at his heart in fake hurt but he still felt as if the world was spinning.

“Ready to play?” Kris asked walking over to them. Chanyeol looked from him to Baekhyun and Jongin holding in his freak out.

“I need to use the bathroom first.” He decided before bolting to the restroom and locking himself inside.

Reality hit him like a ton of bricks.

His wish had come true. This wasn’t some sort of prank. Chanyeol was dating Kris. He smiled to himself at that.

He was actually dating Kris.

His smile brightened further as he stared himself in the mirror. For today, his dreams have finally come true.

-XxX-

Chanyeol and Baekhyun started laughing when Kris rolled his third gutter ball in a row. Kris shot them both a look before hurrying over and grabbing Chanyeol around the waist making him yelp and squeezing as tight as he could to retaliate. The younger man found himself laughing leaning comfortably into Kris’ touch while he watched Baekhyun slide on the lane with Jongin attempting to catch him. All the while everyone was laughing and so happy. “I like this.” Chanyeol commented.

“Hm?” Kris hummed into his ear, chin resting on his shoulder.

“Dating you. I like it.” Chanyeol explained.

Kris laughed. “You’d better, it was your idea.” He chuckled kissing Chanyeol’s cheek.

“Chanyeol’s up.” Sehun called getting his attention and he reluctantly pulled away from Kris. He wanted nothing more to snuggle up into him and make this last as long as possible, but he didn’t want to ruin the game. He had every intention of curling back into Kris’ hold once he was finished rolling his gutters, because he was just as good as his boyfriend at this game.

Boyfriend.

Chanyeol was giddy.

-XxX-

“See you later! Merry Christmas!” Minseok waved at him and Kris as everyone went their own way. Chanyeol waved back making note of how nice Minseok was. He had never really spoken to him before now, but Minseok was so nice it was easy to feel comfortable with him. Chanyeol figured if he ever woke up from this dream he would have to talk to some of these people more. Even Jongin was different from what he had expected. He really expected nothing good from someone Baekhyun was interested in romantically. But rather than letting the smaller male run rampant he kept him in check.

“See ya!” Jongdae called slapping Chanyeol in the back before walking off with Sehun’s arm around his shoulder comfortably.

Kris rubbed Chanyeol’s back soothingly as Chanyeol glared after his friend.

“Got anything special planned for tonight?” Baekhyun jeered smirking up at his best friend.

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed and he looked over at Kris. His boyfriend just smiled and wrapped his arms around him tighter. It looked like it could snow any second and with how cold it was Chanyeol was glad for the warmth.

“Yeah okay I won’t pry.” Baekhyun snorted. “Have him home by ten, or you’re both grounded.” Baekhyun threw out there and Chanyeol swatted him in the back of the head.

Jongin came over just in time to rescue them from a fight dragging Baekhyun away with an arm around his waist.

“They make a good pair.” Kris sighed as he and Chanyeol started walking. To Chanyeol’s relief they went in the opposite direction of Chanyeol’s house thankfully meaning he would get to spend some more time with him.

The younger male nodded in agreement and decided to indulge himself linking his hands again with Kris. He smiled to himself at how nice it felt.

“What?” Kris asked and Chanyeol realized he must’ve noticed. “You’re giddy.”

Chanyeol nodded and bit his lip. “I am.” He agreed not wanting to tell him why.

“Well, if you’re this happy already it’s going to be really hard to surprise you.” Kris chuckled.

“At this point I don’t think anything you do will surprise me.” He laughed.

“I accept your challenge.” Kris replied stopping them. “Close your eyes.”

-XxX-

Kris laughed while leading Chanyeol around dodging pedestrians and other couples. “You’re not peeking, right?” He called over his shoulder.

“If I was peeking, I wouldn’t be running into so much stuff.” Chanyeol replied. “Where are we going?”

“That would absolutely ruin the surprise.” He scolded. “Just a little bit longer.”

Chanyeol laughed in response and squeezed Kris’ hand as they walked the rest of the way. Chanyeol felt Kris stop walking and turn him around supposedly positioning him just right for the surprise. “Okay, are you ready?”

“Can I open my eyes?” Chanyeol asked.

Kris kissed his forehead really quick and then he heard him step back. “Open!”

When Chanyeol’s eyes opened, it was to the display window at ‘Haven’. Due to the holiday the store was closed, but the window was decorated with lights that hadn’t been there the day before. In the place of the guitar Chanyeol had been staring at for the longest time, was a different one, it was lighter in color with gold initials engraved into it. And a sign that said sold sitting on the stool behind it.

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed as he looked from it to the expectantly happy look on Kris’ face. “You didn’t!” Chanyeol gasped looking back at the initials. “PCY”

“I wanted to give it to you on Christmas, but since the store was going to be closed and I didn’t want you seeing it by accident in my room, I asked the owner if he could set this up.” Kris replied.

“You didn’t! Seriously…” Chanyeol repeated looking back at Kris. “I can’t…”

“You’ve been pining over that one guitar for the longest time. You were so crushed when it got sold.” Kris replied. “Do you like it? I know it’s not the one you wanted but-”

Chanyeol threw his arms around Kris hugging him tightly. “I love it.”

Kris hugged him back laughing in relief. “I’m glad.”

Chanyeol stuck his face in Kris’ neck breathing in the other man’s scent. If today was too good to last, then he would make sure he remembered every little detail. All the way down to how warm Kris was when they were wrapped around each other like this. And he didn’t care at all what the other people walking by thought.

-XxX-

“Hey look!” Kris pointed before pulling Chanyeol along into an area light up with Christmas decorations. There were different trees everywhere and lights strung up all around them.

“Winter Wonderland.” Chanyeol commented reading the sign at the entrance before laughing at how cheesy it was.

“Remember last year?” Kris asked. “This was where we first spoke.” Chanyeol turned to look at Kris who was staring up at the tallest tree in the circle. “I actually panicked when you came up to me like that.”

Chanyeol bit his lip because he definitely didn’t remember it. “Tell me.” He said finally. “I wanna know what it looked like from your point of view.” He congratulated himself on thinking that one up.

Kris laughed and laid his arm over Chanyeol’s shoulder. “Well like I said, I panicked since every time we’d met before that you had just kind of glared at me or looked at something else. I thought you were going to hit me.”

“I take it I surprised you.” Chanyeol laughed as he thought about how dumb he had looked around Kris back then. Although that had only been one day ago in reality.

“Definitely. But the sudden kiss was a pleasant surprise.” He laughed.

Chanyeol’s face turned red at the idea. He couldn’t imagine himself doing that.

“Embarrassed now?” Kris laughed not having missed the blush on his boyfriend’s face. “Cause you were pretty confident at the time. Claiming that if I decided to date you I would fall in love with you in a week.”

Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at that. “That was…no I was on drugs please ignore that.” He replied trying to salvage what was left of his dignity from something he never even did.

Kris laughed at that and pulled Chanyeol closer kissing his temple. “You were right though. I was so shocked at the time I didn’t know what to do, but I think I was in love with you before the night was over.”

Chanyeol smiled at that. “Ah, so Baekhyun’s advice actually worked huh?”

“I guess so. Let’s not tell him that though. He’s already got a pretty big ego.” Kris commented and Chanyeol couldn’t agree more.

-XxX-

It was late when Kris and Chanyeol made it back to Chanyeol’s house, the younger’s hand tightening around Kris’ when he realized tonight would be over soon. He had wished for one day with Kris and it was the best thing that ever happened to him. He wasn’t at all ready to lose that. Kris didn’t seem eager to leave him either walking him all the way up to the door.

A burst of bravery had Chanyeol leaning up to kiss Kris, on the lips this time. Kris kissed him back easily falling into it and leaning Chanyeol back against the door for more. When they finally pulled away Chanyeol smiled and Kris laughed. “It’s weird, kissing you just now felt like it was the first time again.”

Chanyeol snorted.

“You’ve always been an amazing catalyst.” He replied leaning in for another kiss.

“Eleven o’clock. You’re in trouble!” Baekhyun yelled from next door and Kris and Chanyeol both leaned over to look at him. Baekhyun was leaning out his window staring at them expectantly. “Well, are you guys going to kiss again? I’m here for a show you know.”

Chanyeol flipped his best friend off and grabbed Kris’ arm pulling him inside and away from Baekhyun’s prying eyes.

They kicked off their shoes at the door and hurried upstairs to Chanyeol’s room, bypassing his parents who didn’t even seem to notice that he was there. Chanyeol shut his bedroom door and Kris closed his boyfriend’s curtains knowing from past experiences that Baekhyun could see into Chanyeol’s room from his own next door and then they were kissing again. They fell onto Chanyeol’s bed and the younger noticed that he had his ninja turtle sheets on with a groan. At least Kris already knew the kind of dork he had gotten involved with.

Rather, this Kris did. Tomorrow things would go back to normal and Chanyeol would be alone sleeping on his Star Wars sheets dreaming of having this kind of life with Kris.

“You okay?” Kris asked leaning back and wiping at Chanyeol’s face.

The younger realized he had started crying and sat up to wipe at his face. “I’m good. Really, I’m just…I really love this. I really love you.”

“I love you too.” Kris replied kissing his forehead again.

Chanyeol took a deep breath and smiled. “Will you sleep here?”

Kris nodded. “I can do that.”

The older male wrapped his arms around Chanyeol and laid down with him allowing Chanyeol to cuddle up to him. For two taller guys, it was a tight fit on the bed but they managed it fairly comfortably. Chanyeol found himself drifting to sleep faster than he wanted to, dreaming of dating Kris as always.

-XxX-

“Park Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol yelped at the exclamation falling backwards and out of bed landing harshly on the floor of his bedroom. He looked from his empty bed and the Star Wars bedsheet that adorned it to Baekhyun’s expectant look from the doorway. It had been a dream after all, he realized looking longingly at his pillow. “That is a lot of drool.” He noted as he saw the wet spot.

“I told you.” Baekhyun snorted. “Were you having a really good dream? It’s almost noon and I have been trying to get ahold of you all ing day.”

“Ugh, just let me die in peace. I was having such a wonderful dream.” Chanyeol sighed.

Baekhyun did not look amused. “Come on, we’re going out.”

“Why?” Chanyeol whined cursing when Baekhyun pulled open the curtain over his window to let in the daylight. It was snowing outside and Chanyeol couldn’t help but be reminded of standing outside the bowling alley with Kris wondering when it would start snowing.

“Because you are pathetic and as your best friend it is my duty to make your life a little less horrible for everyone.”

-XxX-

Chanyeol ended up getting dragged along to a movie, some B-rated horror movie along with the rest of his rag-tag group of friends. Even though they were all here, to Chanyeol it felt kind of empty. Like their group was incomplete without Kris and his friends. Still he kept up face, laughing with Baekhyun and making fun of every character on screen as if everything was normal. For Chanyeol it definitely was not normal.

They went from the movie to an arcade and Chanyeol kind of studied his group. Even Baekhyun who was almost always happy looked so much happier with Jongin. Of course, his friends probably didn’t even notice what was missing. The bell to the arcade rang and Minseok walked in with Luhan and Junmyeon. All of which were friends of Kris’ that Chanyeol had gotten to know while bowling.

After contemplating it for a moment Chanyeol made his way over there.

“Hey.” Chanyeol greeted them. “You guys go to the same school as us, right?” He asked gesturing towards his own friends.

Junmyeon nodded and waved to Kyungsoo who he shared a couple of classes with.

“My name’s Chanyeol, why don’t you guys hang out with us? The more the merrier, right?”

-XxX-

Chanyeol smiled when he saw how quickly the two groups became friends. Sehun introduced Luhan to bubble tea and the Chinese male was gushing about it for almost the entire time they were at the arcade. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo were already on friendly terms and were speaking easily. Jongdae and Minseok even seemed to get along pretty well. They were currently walking along with them window shopping downtown. “So, what’s this all about?” Baekhyun asked falling into step with Chanyeol.

Chanyeol shrugged and sent him a smile. “I just thought…what the hell.” He laughed. “What do we have to lose.”

“It doesn’t have anything to do with them being Kris’ friends?” Baekhyun asked suspiciously.

“Maybe.” He admitted. “But also, why not? If we all get along, where is the problem?”

Baekhyun laughed at that. “Not so pathetic after all huh?”

Chanyeol snorted laying his arm on his friend’s shoulder. “We’ll see about that.”

-XxX-

Chanyeol stopped when they walked by the “Winter Wonderland” looking inside for any signs of Kris. He didn’t see him but the place was as beautiful as it had been in his dream.

Baekhyun whistled from next to him as they walked into the light up ‘village’.

“Told you this place was worth seeing.”

Chanyeol and Baekhyun turned their heads at the sound of Jongin’s voice. Chanyeol’s stomach doing flips when he saw Kris was with him.

“This was where we first spoke.”

Chanyeol bit his lip as he watched Kris move around looking at the decorations. Maybe this was a sign, or maybe his wish had come true. If that was the case, then he could sacrifice his dignity to gain that kind of future.

“Hey, you still up for that bet from the other day?” Chanyeol asked elbowing Baekhyun.

“Oh please, you couldn’t even talk to him when he smacked you with a door yesterday. I will take that bet any day.” Baekhyun replied.

“Good, you better prepare how you’re going to word ‘Jongin I want your ’. Cause you are about to lose.” Chanyeol smirked watching as Kris paused under the large tree. Then he noticed the mistletoe hanging over his head and smiled wider.

“Yeol?” Baekhyun asked suspiciously when Chanyeol decided to approach Kris not slowing down this time until he was standing right behind him.

Chanyeol tapped Kris’ shoulder and waited with baited breath until Kris turned around, the other male jumping a bit when he saw him. He saw the recognition in Kris’ eyes and figured that was him debating whether or not Chanyeol was there to exact revenge for the bloody nose from the previous day. Chanyeol laughed and sent him a reassuring smile. “Hi.”

“H-hey.” Kris replied looking as shocked as Chanyeol had felt when he woke up the previous morning to Kris being in his room.

Chanyeol decided to just go for it, throwing caution to the wind he leaned in and kissed Kris on the lips. It was quick and he pulled away before the older male could realize what was happening but Baekhyun’s gasp in the background was unmistakable. Chanyeol smiled at that and then pointed up to the mistletoe when Kris gave him a questioning look.

“I like you.” Chanyeol admitted “Actually, I’m probably in love with you. And if you decide to date me, then I know you’ll love me before the end of the night.” He adlibbed a bit but Chanyeol had already hit it levels of not caring.

Kris stared at him completely dumbfounded for a moment. “You don’t hate me?”

Chanyeol laughed. “Not even a little.”

Kris let out a small laugh at that. “I can honestly say this is the weirdest confession I’ve ever had.”

“But you’ll remember it forever.” Chanyeol pointed out. “So? What do you think?”

Kris seemed to be thinking about it a moment and then let out a short laugh. “Okay. I mean, with a confession that grand it would be rude to turn you down.” He answered coughing in his hand to hide his own blush.

Chanyeol’s smile widened. He hugged Kris feeling giddier than he had felt even when Kris showed him the guitar in his dream.

Reality was better after all.

-Xx 2 Years Later xX-

Chanyeol strummed the guitar along to one of his favorite Christmas songs, Baekhyun and Jongdae lazily singing along. Jongdae was laying stretched across the couch with his head in Sehun’s lap while Sehun focused on his open book. Although he was threading his fingers mindlessly through Jongdae’s hair and Chanyeol was pretty sure if they stayed like that any longer they would fall asleep.

Baekhyun was sitting between his boyfriend’s legs on the floor, both of them watching Kris attempt to hang the stockings with minimal injury. Chanyeol smiled at that. Over the last two years he and Kris gained a whole new appreciation for Christmas. It was their absolute favorite holiday. It didn’t help that it also happened to be their anniversary.

Chanyeol finished the song, and a much more upbeat song started playing. He could strum along to that too, but everyone else was so lethargic right now he didn’t really want to get Baekhyun riled up. He looked pretty content playing with Jongin’s fingers while he waited for Kris to up again so he could .

Chanyeol set his guitar aside and stood up to go over and help Kris finish.

“We’re taking off.” Jongdae announced with a yawn forcing himself off the couch with Sehun’s help. “Merry Christmas guys.”

“Merry Christmas!” Chanyeol replied sending them off with a bright smile.

“Ta-dah!” Kris exclaimed backing up from his masterpiece. The stockings were spaced unevenly and the nail was a little too low down on Baekhyun’s but it was their first time doing this so that was to be expected.

“Why are we hanging stockings again?” Baekhyun asked.

“Why not?” Kris replied and the smaller male shrugged in response.

Jongin leaned down laying his chin on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “Wanna go to bed?”

Baekhyun’s face lit up at that and he nodded pulling his boyfriend up and back into their shared bedroom.

“Disgusting.” Chanyeol scoffed once their door was slammed shut.

Kris hummed in agreement wrapping his arms around Chanyeol. “We could always get disgusting too you know.” He offered making Chanyeol laugh. In the end the two settled down on the couch in front of their fake fireplace, watching the fake fire. “I am so glad you kissed me under the mistletoe two years ago.”

Chanyeol laughed at that. He himself was glad he had made that stupid wish. He didn’t think in a thousand years he would have been able to bring himself to confess to Kris like that without it.

Kris kissed the side of Chanyeol’s head and then leaned against him. They both began to drift off to sleep like that before Kris mumbled an “I love you.”

Chanyeol sleepily nuzzled deeper into his boyfriend’s side with a lazy smile. “I love you too.”