7.-

Ethereal Roses

 

Chapter 7

 

 

After Baekhyun was much calmer than before, JongDae and MinSeok sent Baekhyun back to his house, which was nearby the hospital. How convenient it is for Baekhyun to go to work? His eyes and nose were red, a little too obvious that he just cried, that they’d rather send him home than to work. He might be feeling a little too emotional to do so, anyway.

 

 

 

 

They then made their way back to the hospital. JongDae had to go for a scan anyway, another test. A CT scan, actually.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, in the hospital, JoonMyun was in the lab, doing some tests on JongDae’s blood samples collected from the previous day. A virus neutralisation test, perhaps it would work. He was anticipating for the results.

 

 

Eyes fixated on the test. Nothing. That means it can’t be the following viruses… JoonMyun let out a sigh and took a pen and marked it down.

 

 

Antibody test & Viral DNA test:


X Chicken pox
X RSV
X Epstein-Barr Virus
X Rotavirus
X Hepatitis
X Influenza
X HIV
X BK Virus

 

 

JoonMyun had been in the lab from the morning, doing viral tests to find infection-causing viruses or diseases. Several tests had been done such as the antibody test, a viral culture which may take weeks for the result, hence the test got to be started early.

 

There is also the viral DNA test, to get the exact virus.

 

Nothing. There were no results.

 

JoonMyun left the lab, disinfected himself before he headed back to the office, and slumped down on his chair. He was tired from spending so much time in the lab, on full concentration to test out the blood samples and trying to ensure those were not the viruses JongDae was down with.

 

 

JoonMyun rubbed his temples as he closed his eyes, deep in thought of what else he could do. After the CT Scans, X-Ray scans… He must be certain of what he can do to at least know what kind of virus, or disease JongDae may be down with.

 

 

He needs his patient to recover under his care.

 

 

 

 

He then remembered the first time he walked past JongDae. He smiled at the thought of it, back in Doctor Lee’s Clinic.

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

“Suho, just go ahead first, I’ll catch up with you after I've found a parking, I promise,” Baekhyun suggested, looking at JoonMyun from the driver seat. “Are you sure? And how many times did I tell you not to call me Suho, it feels weird!” JoonMyun chuckled, looking around trying to spot for a slot for them to park their car.

 

 

 

“It just suits you, and you wouldn’t want me to repeat that story of how I got you that name again, right?” Baekhyun laughed it off before he gestured JoonMyun to go ahead first.

 

 

“Fine, I’ll go to his clinic first. Come right after you’ve found a parking!” JoonMyun quickly exited the car, as there were cars behind waiting for Baekhyun’s to move. He was making his way through the streets before he realised that he forgot the documents he had to pass to the doctor. He then made a call to Baekhyun to remind him about those papers.

 

 

He was still on his phone as he entered the clinic. He then looked up, to see a familiar face. A patient was making his way out of the clinic after the payment. His looks were mesmerising… a little too stunning and beautiful, just right for JoonMyun’s taste.

 

 

His eyes were pretty, exactly somewhere to get lost into. Features so sharp, eyebrows were on point. No wonder he was a model, he looked perfect. It was JongDae, JoonMyun’s soon to be patient. He was too attracted by JongDae’s look he could barely react to it.

 

 

 

JongDae was beautiful- almost perfect in JoonMyn’s eyes.

 

 

 

He just stared until the figure disappeared, and he heard his name in the background. “Doctor Kim? Doctor Kim, Doctor Lee is waiting in his office.” The assistant called, trying her best to get JoonMyun’s attention. JoonMyun finally noticed the assistant after a few seconds, and finally attended to work matters, all about Kim JongDae.

 

 

 

--

 

 

And there he was, trying to find a cure for JongDae’s sickness. How on earth did he even get diagnosed with such unusual illness at such young age? That’s the question JoonMyun had been thinking all these while. He’s a doctor, he deserves to know the answer.

 

 

 

And he thought; as a doctor, he ought to know JongDae more as a person, get closer and know his recent activities and hopefully, find the actual cause of the illness, it’s his job as a doctor.

 

 

 

‘That’s it.’ He thought, before smiling to himself. He should spend more time with JongDae to get closer to him, starting from that day, after the CT scan. He looked at his watch. 30 minutes before his appointment with JongDae at the CT scan. He clasped his hands and stood up.

 

 

 

“Time for preparation.” He smiled to himself and stretched his arms a little, then he proceeded to the CT room. Once he headed out of a room, he spotted a tall male looking around, seemed to be lost. “Do you need any help?” JoonMyun questioned. The male turned around, looking for the voice that spoke to him.

 

 

 

Only to find JoonMyun after shifting his gaze downwards. “Ah, hello, I’m looking for room 565…” The tall guy mentioned, looking down at his phone as for confirmation. “565?” JoonMyun squinted, looking at the tall male.

 

 

 

That was JongDae’s ward.

 

 

 

“Yes! My friend has been admitted not long ago.” The taller smiled, placing his phone back in his back pocket. He seemed overly friendly. “What a coincidence, that’s the room of my patient,” JoonMyun replied, with a soft chuckle. “I was about to attend to him. Do you want to wait in his ward? It seems like you’re trying to give him a surprise visit.”

 

 

 

 

The taller slightly widen his eyes, “H-How did you know I was about to give him a surprise visit?” JoonMyun laughed and crossed his arms. “That’s easy. If he knew, you would know that he’s going for a CT scan in 30 minutes.”

 

 

 

“Ah- really? I didn’t think of that…” He mumbled and continued. “Do you mind showing me the way to 565?” He flashed a grin, a toothy one. JoonMyun lowered his head as he brought up his left arm, glancing at the time. “I need to attend some stuff so I can’t really guide you there, but I’ll tell you the directions.”

 

 

 

He nodded slightly and kept in silence to listen to the directions JoonMyun was about to give.

 

 

 

th“It’s 2 levels above this, once you got out of the lift, turn right, and right before restroom, turn right again, and the 5room of on the left would be his room.”

 

 

 

He repeated what JoonMyun had said, hoping to get it right. He got a reply from the latter and headed off for the ward, hoping he’ll be able to see his best friend soon.

 

 

 

As for JoonMyun, he turned around on his heels and headed to the CT room, preparing everything that was needed.   

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

 

“Are you feeling okay” JoonMyun questioned, checking the records. It was just the nuts allergy; he could proceed with the scan. The patient just nodded, as he sat on an arm chair.

 

 

 

“I’ll now inject you with a contrast material.” JoonMyun wore the latex gloves on his hands, drawing the IV dye with the needle, ensuring the needle was defected, which, fortunately, was a no. JoonMyun kept fixing his gaze on JongDae, he didn’t know why.

 

 

 

But he decided not to let JongDae interrupt his work, he needs to focus. He then injected JongDae on the left arm, with the IV dye, noticing how JongDae bit his lips, still not used to needles.  

 

 

 

“Just lay on there,” JoonMyun directed, pointing at the bed of the CT scan machine after he was done injecting the IV dye. JongDae obliged, and lied down on it, with his head on the pillow, legs propped in somewhat a triangular leg rest. All just to keep the correct posture and position for the scan.  

 

 

“I’ll start with the scan now, okay? It will take about 5 to 10 minutes.” He brought JongDae’s arms up, positioning. “And please, try your best not to move at all during the scan, okay?” JongDae nodded slightly, and JoonMyun operated the machine to start the scan. He then watched JongDae for a moment to monitor the scan, before he proceeded to the computer, as MinSeok took over to monitor the scan.

 

 

 

The whole procedure was quick, almost the time JoonMyun stated earlier, about 8 minutes, actually.

 

 

 

“Take a rest about 10 minutes, the contrast material might have some side effects.” He gestured JongDae to rest at a corner. “Drink plenty of water to clear the contrast material out of your body. You might feel nausea, though.” JoonMyun glanced at JongDae time to time.

 

 

 

 

It then came to him.

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe he should spend more time with JongDae and take care of him. JongDae was his patient, after all, it wouldn’t be wrong for him to spend time with him, to know him better, right?

 

 

 

He looked at the screen and studied the scan.

 

 

 

 

Gaze diverted to JongDae again, who was drinking some water that MinSeok brought him.

 

 

 

He doesn’t like it to see them being so close.

 

 

 

 

He couldn’t take it. He needed to do something about it.

 

 

 

 

“JongDae,” JoonMyun cleared his throat and thought of what he should do. Why did he call his patient out?

 

 

 

The eyes shifted his gaze to him and focused his attention on the doctor.

 

 

 

“After I am done with these, I’ll find you in your ward. I need to know more about you-” He his lips nervously. ‘You can do this, JoonMyun.’ “You know since I’m your doctor.” JoonMyun’s lips formed a smile, still one that was warm enough to let JongDae agree to it.

 

 

 

And he did, he agreed.

 

 

 

 

MinSeok was gazing at JoonMyun, and a soft laugh was emitted from his lips. He knew what the doctor was up to.

 

 

 

 

Who knew what was going on in MinSeok’s mind anyway?

 

 

 

 

 

“You may go back to your ward now. I’ll see you in a few hours once I am done here.” JoonMyun smiled, turning his attention all onto the desktop after saving the file under JongDae’s name and patient’s record number. By the time he looked back at the area, they had already left the CT scan room.

 

 

 

JoonMyun saved the file on his thumb drive, then proceeded back to his office.

 

 

 

In his mind?

 

 

 

 

It’s all about Kim JongDae.

 

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

JongDae frowned at the sight of his room. The door was agape, lights were on. Did someone sneaked into his ward, and perhaps… steal something from him? He glanced at MinSeok, who had the exact same reaction.

 

 

They both nodded, and slowly approached the room, he then peeped through the small gap of the door.

 

 

Definitely, someone was inside.

 

 

 

But who can it be?

 

 

 

 


Editor's note: 

Again, another boring chapter and I'm sure you all know who the person in JongDae's ward is. And I finally included JoonMyun's point of view! More will be coming your way! 

And again, Sorry for the late update. 

 

 

AND IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALL READERS: I WILL NOT BE UPDATING ON 10/02, as I would be busy for my birthday. Hehehe, do I get any birthday wishes from you readers?