Slides in the DMs

The YouTuber

 

 


"I knew I shouldn't be too honest in this.. At least, for this time I need to ask your opinions."


It's not that Chaerin is stressed out because of what happened, she just thinks that if she did better, this whole drama wouldn't be happening, at least not as big. As an 'entertainer' of course she thinks of what other people think of her too, if not too much. 


"Chaerin, you are what you are right now because of your honesty and bluntness. It's not Lee Chaerin when that person is lying or acting up." Joanne, one of her best friend says. 


"But you're being kicked out in some group chat, all that because you support me.."


"I do drama for a living in Twitter. Another scandal up, against other fandom, we'll team up again. Release that tension, it would make you old faster."

 


*THROWBACK*


'Korean with American Ears Reacts to G-Dragon' .......88%


"Should I really do this?" She looks from side to side, searching for green lights on her sister and friend's faces. 

"Why are you doubting?" Asks Harin, her sister.

 

 'Korean with American Ears Reacts to G-Dragon' .......91%

"You know, most of my viewers don't listen to KPOP, what if they don't like it?"

"Chill, unnie, I'll help you to post it on my Twitter if you are 

afraid of losing a few viewers, okay? My friends would be glad to help, I promise you that. Also, this isn't your debut to become a critics right? The extra-ness of your worry is not necessary." And they laugh it off.

 

 'Korean with American Ears Reacts to G-Dragon' .......100%

"It's up. No worries, even if what you said minded some people, the rest will respect your honesty. So, it's time for us to watch, so shoo away. Or make me a bowl of popcorn would cha?" Chaerin answers with rolling her eyes, but does it anyway.


*END OF THROWBACK*

 

 

She never let anyone watch her while filming and editing her videos, not her sister, not her close friends. First, it would be such an embarrassment for her, second, it's her channel, so anything inside it should be 100% coming from her, no help from anybody. At least as of before this video released.

 

Today is the 13th day after she uploaded her reaction video of G-Dragon's MV, and has reached 880K viewers. There are a few drama still, and her phone keeps on lagging because of the amount of mentions she got. The immature fans are saying she should've support G-Dragon 100% since they're both Korean and all GD does is to make Korea become a trend world wide and what she did just made him look bad. While with the mature ones, they tweet once in a while, stating this and that and she isn't wrong to share her opinion about him. 

 


 "Hey Rin, they even made a name for you.." Joanne says, showing Chaerin her phone.


"CL?" She says, repeating what she read,


"Short for Chaerin Lee, you know, so it won't be tracked by your fans."


"GZBz, my girls, not fans." Joanne rolls her eyes, "Anyway, it's kind of cool, I like CL. Might as well use it." A smile comes to her face.


"They're gonna be so pissed at this." And they laugh it off. 

 

 

"Anyway, J, real talk here. What should I do now? An apology video? But I don't think-" she mumbles while looking at nowhere to look for an inspiration.


"No. I won't support you any longer if you make an apology video. You didn't do anything wrong, they're just butthurt thinking a teenage girl which happened to live in America might change the whole America's perspective of him. It's ridiculous." 


"Right. Okay, I won't. But what should I do? To at least lessen the drama. I can't even open my Twitter!" She logged off, so she could at least play her phone. 

 

 

 

The night comes, and she hasn't figure out how to handle this problem. She decides to 
re-watch the video after she involved in this mess. 


She thought she might change her mind about the MV, but no, she still thinks the same after some people are saying 'open your mind, not everything is in your favor'. Well basically it's almost impossible for anyone to like the whole thing of anything exist in this world, there's always be a flaw. And she was just pointing it out.

 

She almost reaches the ending of her video and she still hasn't figure out why some of his fans hate her with so much passion.

 

Until she reaches the very end. Where she said she might cover his songs. 

 


And she did it then, that very night. Looking for the right song for her voice. She memorized it just as fast, the video is up the next day. 14th day.

 

As expected, the response is big. Bigger this time she might say. As some other VIPs who didn't bother to watch a reaction video, now watching her cover. It made such a big impact to her views though, so she's glad, at least something is going good.

 

But of course, the term 'she's using him for attention' keep flooding her way.

 

'Psh, it's just a way for her to gain more views from us. Don't get fooled.'


'She was saying oppa wasn't that good, but she didn't reflect, she's a white girl wannabe.'


And so on. But in other hand, she got lots of new subscribers saying they would like to hear her singing more.

 

"From my point of view, I'm totally agree when you said your style matches his. Gosh, I wish I have a talent like you so I could do this often and maybe someday oppa will notice me!"


"Please ignore some of us who say ugly things, most of us who are watching this, we like you. Do more of this, I like your voice! Kkk Lee Chaerin, Fighting!!" 


"Thank you for making this, I hope GD oppa got more attention from the Americans after they watch this. I really like your voice, btw!"

 

Also, a good human being she is, she reply to some of the comments saying that she's thankful for the love she got, she's just as excited as they are to do more of this, and she'll obviously check out more of his discography. 

 

 

She open up Twitter next, as she log in, she has prepared herself for the lagging also hateful comments. She prepared for the worst.


Until the lagging phase passed, she takes a breath and open up her mention section. But no, it ain't hateful or shaming her comments. They were all about tagging G-Dragon under the tweet of her mentioning the video was up, well since she has always been connecting all of her social media. Once one thing is up, it spreads to the others. 

 

 "Oppa @IBGDRGN , do check her cover, she's amazing!"


"Man @IBGDRGN you better check her out, she's sick!!"


"@IBGDRGN @RinRinnieLee you guys MUST meet and do a collaboration. And make beautiful babies with beautiful voices" 

 

 


She gets some good laugh because of the tweets, so she decides to tweet out something:

 

"I will always be thankful for you support, no doubt. All of you are my inspiration to become a better self. GZBz, I love you, and thank you." 

 

 And then she replies a few mentions and DMs, since she followed back some of her GZBz. Some of them became friends with her, even. They gave to her so much she didn't know what else to do other than be nice with them, they got along and here they are. 


She also got a few calls from her friends, mostly the ones who are a KPOP stan, saying how influenced people on the internet when they hear the name Chaerin Lee or CL or Rinnie Lee. 

 

She's back to Twitter, just scrolling up and down, reading some news, doing nothing, waiting for another unusual or unique tweet for her, so later she could retweet it or tweet back. 

 

 


It's Sunday, she has all her time up until 12pm to be relaxed and do everything she please before she does her homework for the upcoming week. 


So she prepared a bubble warm bath and a little desk for her to put her laptop to watch some videos. 

 

Just as she about to strip off ready for bath, a clink sound of new message is heard. She decides to just make a quick stop at it before slides in the tub.


Little did she know the stop made her warm bubble bath turns ice cold because of the time waiting is way too long.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 G-Dragon: I like your honesty, also your voice. 

 

 

 

 

Did G-Dragon just slides in my DMs? She thought.

 

 

 

 

 


 He totally did.