Intro

The YouTuber

 


        

22 years old Korean-born American, Lee Chaerin was just another rising star on YouTube. Her make up tips/tutorial videos, her covering song videos, and her vlogs usually hit a hundred thousand-ish of viewers consist of her friends, friends' friends, siblings and cousins, their friends, and so on.

Until one of her dear friend suggest her to try something new, react to a KPOP idol, just to try it out. Her, a girl who loves challenges, of course agreed. Besides, KPOP is a big thing, just like America's music, but they make music in their own language and style, which sometimes surprises her that some people with the same forefather as her, made it towards the difference with the world.

She tried with the most and well known idol, G-Dragon. She has heard some parts of his songs from her friend, but she wasn't minding it that much, she's more into American music, after all she has been in America her whole life. She does fluent in Korea and went there with her family each year, but she wasn't into Korea's music so much, since her ears are used to American songs.

So, she starts with G-Dragon, another reason was because she knew he is the best among KPOP. She would be 100% honest with her reviews, if she chose others, she might afraid they just wasn't her style and the video wouldn't work out well, and it would all only wasting time.


 Once she uploads the video, as expected, it blows up pretty quick as her friends also sharing it among their internet friends. A thing that surprised her is that how big KPOP actually is in America. How people no longer see the differences but the passion the artists' put in their work which connects to them emotionally. She's just glad the world wasn't as ugly as a few centuries back. 


 But the fame doesn't reach the comment section, boy, were they black and white. 


 She got 'judged' for telling out the truth for stating out a few flaws, like he could do a better scene, or in some parts the scenes do not match with the lyrics, as of her perspective. But also she got a handful of new subscribers saying they'll got her back once she's fully into him after she discovers his discographies, which she promised to do at the end of the video, saying his style matches hers. And after stating that she'll cover one of his songs, hopefully.

All of the above didn't top what goes next and after. 

 

 She's included in a few of her viewers, or GZBz as she usually called them, and G-Dragon's fans or VIP's  'fan war' / drama. The matter was the VIPs saying she should apologize for her words, or she should reflect because she'll never do what he does anyway, or she just get into KPOP reaction because it was booming. She wasn't mad or depressed or else, like, she knew she's doing it and the reason why. And it's called a reaction video for a reason. That is what she does. She watches the video, and say her very first thought out loud while watching it, not making up good things, write it down, and recite it so people might like her. That's called script, people can make another type of video if they go with a script. 

 

Well, thanks to some of the butthurt VIPs, her viewers increased large amount. Almost reached 1 Million after a week or so. 

But what did blew her mind was a direct message she got on Twitter. Just a couple of words, but it made her stop breathing for a couple of seconds. 

 

 

 

 

G-Dragon slides in her DMs.