3/3

Three of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae isn't ignoring them, He's just been busy lately, with his job and all. He isn't taking new ways to get to class just to ignore them, no, he's just been taking the longer ways to get to class because he needs to exercise. He hasn't been picking up their phone calls, messaging them back because he's ignoring them, nope, it's because his phone is dead. Plus finals are coming, he hopes Baekhyun and Chanyeol could understand. If they really need him they'll come to his work place. (Not that he really wants them to!!!) Jongdae rests his head against the table in the 'employee only' room and let's out a deep sigh before he realizes he's falling deeply in thought.

He has been able to suppress his feelings since their second year of middle school. First, he really thought he liked Chanyeol when he started to notice how he'd treat his girlfriends or when the taller would call him cute pet names that made him blush all over and sputter like an idiot, only to be smothered by the taller and being called 'cute.' Jongdae soon came to realize that he might've liked his best friend, more than a friend. 

Baekhyun, after Jongdae had silently accept that Chanyeol only dated girls and was always dating even if it didn't last long. Baekhyun has always felt like home, there were no awkward moments or anything that seemed so out of place. Baekhyun just made him feel safe. Doing things with Baekhyun made him feel comfortable- just like he is with Chanyeol. His best friends are like homes, he wouldn't trade anything in the world. Jongdae brushed off his feelings, thinking it was just feelings best friends have for each other because they're friends, they're supposed to make you feel safe, comfortable.

Jongdae knew he was wrong when he dated the freshman Sehun, of course he liked Sehun, he was nice and sweet but he didn't feel comfortable like he did with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. He didn't tell his best friends about Sehun but Sehun knew about them. Jongdae knew they were gonna break up, it was just a fling anyway despite Jongdae giving his first kiss to the freshman. He didn't forget what Sehun had said when he brought Jongdae to a quiet hallway, the conversation echoing in his ear everytime he thinks about it.

"I don't think I like being the second best in anything, hyung- or third best." Sehun had said calmly. 

Jongdae knew what he was here for but he didn't understand what he meant, Sehun noticed this and leans in closer to press his lips against the shorter' cheeks. "You'll know soon enough, hyung. Thank you."

The shorter only blinked at Sehun's back as he's walking away. Mind still trying to wrap around what the younger was saying.

Third best of what?

Jongdae breaks out of his thoughts when he feels his vibrating, he quickly pulls out his phone to look see a message from one of his best friend pop up;

Baek🐶(13)
- Dae, please reply back to me. I'm sorry.
- :((( 


Another variety of vibrating surprises him,

Chanyeollie (24)
-  Jong
- Dae
- Reply
- Back
- So
- We
- Can
- Hang
- Out
- ur chanyeollie needs attention 

He feels guilt pooling his stomach, reading Chanyeol's message as he thinks of the kiss and thinks about him kissing his best friend back. Chanyeol wouldn't want to hang out with him if he found out he kissed his boyfriend. He thinks about how Chanyeol feels and realizes he doesn't deserve to be their friend. He thinks about the messages Chanyeol sent to him after school, saying that he missed him and he wants to hang out, asking where he's been with sad emojis. Jongdae didn't have the heart to reply.

His eyes scanned over the time, eleven-twenty-two. Crap, he's gotten two extra minutes on break, he sighs and stands to throw his food out to be greeted by his co-worker.

-

Baekhyun laid in bed, staring at the message he sent to Jongdae. Again, he had not received a reply. He hasn't been getting a text back for three days, since he kissed Jongdae. He didn't even tell Chanyeol about him accidentally telling Jongdae that Chanyeol would have kisses him too but then again Jongdae has always been dense.

He doesn't even flinch when Chanyeol bursts through his door.

"Jongdae isn't talking to me! I don't even see him during passing time." Chanyeol whines and kicks off his shoes, making Baekhyun groan but doesn't say anything when the taller drapes over him. "He avoids me in class too..."

"I haven't even talked to him since practice." Chanyeol continues and buries his face in Baekhyun's neck. "Did you?" 

Baekhyun fidgets under the male, "Well,"

Chanyeol squints suspiciously at the other, "Well?"

The shorter takes a deep breath and nudges Chanyeol to sit up so he can get up. They're sitting across from each other and Baekhyun speaks.

"I kissed Jongdae." He mumbles out while looking down at his fingers.

Chanyeol blinks with wide eyes and looks confused for a bit that has Baekhyun groaning because Chanyeol looks like he doesn't believe him.

"I kissed him! While you were at practice couple days ago, it just happened..."

The taller suddenly put his hand over his mouth at the sudden news, "You didn't!"

"Yeollie!" Baekhyun whined at his dramatic boyfriend, "I did! He ran away too!"

"He ran away!?" Chanyeol put his hand over his chest, "Was it that bad?"

"No! I don't know but he kissed me back." Baekhyun grumbles and Chanyeol hits his arm. "You're lying. What'd it feel like?"

Baekhyun rubbed his arm and blushed, "Like heaven." 

Chanyeol yelled into the his pillow and laughed, gosh they feel like teenage girls. "Oh man,"

"Wait, but Yeol-" Baekhyun cuts him off and pulls Chanyeol back up. "I told him something, and you can't get mad."

"What'd you say?" Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun, noticing how serious the other got.

Baekhyun fidgets with his fingers, "I kinda hinted that you may have liked him or you would have done it too?"

Chanyeol stares at Baekhyun before grabbing his boyfriends shoulder, "What!"

"I think he knows! But I didn't get to say I like him either! He just kept on saying I have a boyfriend..." Baekhyun sighs.

The taller features soften at Baekhyun's sad expression, he tackles his boyfriend onto the bed. "I know you're impatient to let him know but I don't want to ruin the friendship we have with him, he is our best friend." Baekhyun only falls limp in his boyfriends arms and buries his face onto his chest. "I know, it's just been so long and he's so ing dense." 

Chanyeol laughs softly and places a kiss onto his boyfriends head, "He really is." 

Baekhyun closes his eyes to the soft sound of Chanyeol breathing, everything feels right but it just feels so incomplete without Jongdae. Chanyeol must have felt the same because he squeezes Baekhyun just a bit closer.

Chanyeol seems calm which confuses Baekhyun, he looks up at the taller, "Aren't you mad that I kissed Jongdae and kind of told him you liked him?" 

"He'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter