Chained

UNDERCOVER OF DARKNESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was white. The room I woke up in. I had no idea what had happened. I had no clue what they were doing to me when I was unconscious. I had this extreme headache but it only lasted for 2 minutes and then there comes the changing. I could suddenly see very clearly, my heart was beating faster than usual but on rhtym and I felt really good. I felt stronger and contempt like I was reborn. I felt like I died and resurected then became a complete different being.

 

I see Seunghyun sitting next to my bed, crossing his arms, looking at me.

 

“Where am I? What did you do to me?” I ask in hurry as I remember the last time I saw him, he did nothing but let me being dragged away by those terrifying people.

 

He hands me a bottled water and ask me to drink it all up. I couldn’t say no, I’ve never felt this extreme thrist before. He wouldn’t take his eyes off me like he’s observing and learning something from my face or even movements.

“How are you feeling?” he asked after I finish drinking.

 

I take a deep breathe and starts looking around the room. It’s a square cubicle, he might call it a bedroom but it’s more like a cell. Everything is white and clinical. I’m wearing a white hospital gown. I can feel air coming in between my legs. I’m inside. I look up at Seunghyun and finds him starring at me in an inexplicable way. “What is this place?” I ask once again.

 

He leans his body forward, “You’re in a facility. A government’s facility. You’re safe. You’ve been cleaned and given medicine to make you healthier and stronger. You’ve been out for three days. How are you feeling?”

 

“What kind of facility?”

 

“I can’t really explain it to you. It might sound—“

 

“Is this some kind of government experiment and I’m the subject?”

 

He chuckles, “It’s not like that but it’s a little bit similar but it’s not what you think. You’re not a subject. You’re not gonna be experimented on, in fact, we’re gonna release you—when you’re ready.”

 

“Ready for what?”

 

“Do you remember when you attack your foster father? Do you remember how it felt?”

I look at him in great confusion. He tilts his head waiting for my answer with great anticipation. I see he’s a bit tense, crossing his fingers and looking awfully serious, a bit pressuring me. I bite my bottom lip, I can feel my dry lips coming from exhaustion and thirst.

“I felt—relieved.” I reply him shortly.

He nods his chin but his expression hasn’t changed like he’s waiting for more answer than ‘relieved’. What is it? What does he want from me and what is this place? I kept asking myself.

 

“This isn’t a prison, Chaerin. And you can think of me as your psychiatrist. I’m here to listen and help you.”

 

“Help me with what?”

 

He shrugs, “Anything.”

 

I sigh and lean back on the wall as the headbed. “I need you to explain to me what is happening first before I could say anything to you.” I say firmly. We exchange look for ten seconds. In that ten seconds I felt something strange. Something in his eyes kinda gives me an idea what kind of person he is. His tall and muscular figure along with those big hands. His tense stares and his politeness. He kinda reminds me of my dad, my real dad. He’s like a portrait of my young dad. I already forget how my dad really looks but I remember his overall look, Seunghyun reminds me so much of him.

 

“You know this place is where I grew up. Everyone in this place is practically my family. I had no parents. I had no one. I was moved from one foster home to another. No one accepted me because they thought I was a freak. I always used violence to solve problems. I was a sociopath. One day I was sent to this place by a cop. He told me this place could change my life. This place would reveal who I really am and will make a way for me to channel my violent behavior into something useful for everyone including myself. I was like you before I came in here. I hope this place could change your life too like it did me. It’s not always pretty, it can get ugly sometimes but it’s better than anything.”

 

I start to understand what this place is. It explains his appearance and all those people wearing black suit looking scary and frigid. “But I don't have violence tendency. I was just defending myself. It was self-defense. My foster father would’ve kill me if I didn’t kill him first.”

 

“Kill is a strong choice of words. You could just hurt him and made him unable to attack you again and call the cops to report the incident, instead you weren’t stopping. You tried to kill him. If your foster mother didn’t call the police he would be dead by now.”

 

I gaze at him cautiously not wanting to believe what he said but we all know it was true. It felt so good seeing him down on the floor covered in his own blood like that.

“I wish he’d stopped b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter