i bed to differ

godmother

“Hi, your Mint Julep.”

 

Sejeong gives the customer a small nod and a smile and she hands him his drink. He raises his glass as a form of thanks before disappearing into the crowd. Sejeong glances at her watch. 12:03 am. In a few minutes, her bartender shift will end and she will get to enjoy the night.

 

It’s been quite a few months since Dani was born. Sejeong works as a part time barista and bartender starting from sunset. Mornings are spent taking after Dani as Somi works at a small company, and evenings are spent working her off and occasionally having fun during midnights. It’s a rather tiring routine, but Sejeong has grown to enjoy it.

 

Not long after, Sejeong bids goodbye to her fellow co-workers and quickly changes out of her work clothes, throwing on a black tank top and fixing her hair by tying it up into a ponytail. She sends Chungha a short text before heading to a club a few blocks down the road. Sejeong shakes her head. Of course Chungha would choose a club like this instead of the rather classy club that Sejeong works in, because this club sells ridiculously cheap drinks and has obviously attracted half of Seoul’s residents. She enters the club and slumps into the seat next to Chungha, giving her an amused grin.

 

“Killing two birds with one stone, are we? They sell cheap drinks and half of Seoul’s female population is here because of it.”

 

“Oh shut up, Sejeong. I came for the drinks, not for the latter.”

 

“We both know that what you just said is complete and utter bull.”

 

They both share a good laugh before Sejeong continues.

 

“So, Chungha, what’s up?”

 

“Nothing much, just like your company and wanted to get a lay,” Chungha slides Sejeong’s favourite Jack Daniels across the table with a mischievous smile.

 

“And you denied coming here because of the ladies,” Sejeong scoffs in mock disbelief, but reaches for her drink nonetheless.

 

Sejeong lets out a satisfied sigh as she takes a few sips of her beer, Chungha lets out a small chuckle in response. They continue their banter and small talk until Chungha gets tired of her whiskey and suggests to spice up the night.

 

“Shots?”

 

“Why not.”

 

They are already ten shots in when a drunk Chungha starts to get frustrated because of the lack of attention she’s getting. Having sat at the corner of the club for the past hour, she’s dying to have a quick getaway.

 

“Want to dance?”

 

“Sure,” Sejeong nods and Chungha drags her into the huge crowd. The music is too loud for her liking, but the constant buzz and the slight throb in her head beg to differ. Sejeong finds herself bopping her head to the beat of the fast-paced EDM song. She slowly adjusts to the beat of the song and she begins to dance.

 

Chungha starts to sway her hips seductively, playfully winking at Sejeong. Sejeong puts on a smirk and starts to grind onto Chungha’s hips, before placing her hands on her waist.

 

“Chungha…” Sejeong sounds breathless, and Chungha knows where this is going. Sejeong isn’t bad for relieving stress, she’s fully aware of that. Heck, she enjoys it a lot with Sejeong. The looks of disapproval Doyeon sends her, however, is something she cannot stand. So they’ve decided to take a small break ever since the cat is let out of the bag. But the urge and the lust is too much for Chungha to handle, and she decides to go with it.

 

Chungha shushes her by placing a finger on her lips. Brown eyes stare into the near-jet-black ones, and she finally gives into the temptation of kissing Sejeong by pulling her chapped lips towards hers.

 


 

Somi wakes up to Dani’s soft whining.

 

“Aw, Dani.”

 

Humming soothing tunes while patting her daughter’s back gently, Somi tries to make Dani go back to sleep. She smiles when she hears the soft snoring coming from the six-month old baby and gently places her back into her crib before heading to the kitchen.

 

It was only till then did she notice that Sejeong has definitely brought someone home last night. Spotting the extra handbag, she immediately rushes to the kitchen to check. Somi lets out a sigh of relief when she finds Chungha in the kitchen.

 

“Jesus, I thought Sejeong brought a e back home,” Somi dramatically places a hand over her heart while Chungha shoots her a sheepish smile in response.

 

“Sejeong’s not that reckless, trust me. But I hope that you don’t find it unethical when she brings someone home, especially when there’s Dani.”

 

Somi’s face scrunches up in slight disgust. “Actually, just a bit. But you’re not to blame, I’ll murder Sejeong when she has the audacity to wake up later.”

 

Chungha barks out a laugh before immediately stifling it, having just remembered that Sejeong is currently sleeping like a log in the living room, and Dani in her room.

 

Somi heads to the cupboard to make coffee and Chungha makes herself comfortable by sitting on one of the stools at the kitchen table. Somi soon returns with two cups of instant coffee and sits next to Chungha.

 

“How have you been, Chungha? I haven’t seen you in ages. In fact, the last time I saw you was at the hospital after I gave birth to Dani, which has been six months. Geez, Chungha, I thought you were my friend,” Somi pretends to wipe away a tear.

 

“It’s been six months and you’re still immature as always,” Chungha rolls her eyes playfully. “I broke up with my ex a few weeks after Dani was born and I wasn’t really thinking straight.”

 

“Oh , man. I’m sorry about that.”

 

Chungha dismisses her apology with a wave of her hand. “Don’t be, I got over it. Sorry for not visiting though, I always forget and I’ve been working on two jobs to pay for the rent.”

 

“But you still have time to fool around,” Somi scoffs, acting offended.

 

Chungha chuckles in response. “Of course I do, this is Chungha you’re talking about, Som. It’s been a habit of mine, and I guess that’s why she broke up with me.”

 

Somi doesn’t know what to say so she simply hums in response and gives the girl a pat on her back. They then drown themselves in a comfortable silence, taking small sips of their coffee.

 

Chungha takes a quick glance at her wristwatch and yelps. “I’m so sorry but I have to go now. My shift starts soon and my boss is a son of a , don’t want to piss him off.”

 

Somi gets up and walks Chungha to the door. “No worries. I’ll see you soon, yeah?”

 

Chungha gives her a small wave and a wink. “Of course. See you, Som.”

 

“Later, Chungha.”

 

Chungha closes the door gently, the door shutting with a small “click”. Somi sighs as she makes her way to the couch and sees Sejeong hibernating. While humming incoherent songs to herself, her eyes wander to the kitchen tools set of the side and smirks. Grabbing two metal pans, she makes her way to the couch, crouches next to Sejeong and holds them right next to Sejeong’s ear. About to smack them together at full force, she stops herself before quickly going to her room and closing the door in a feeble attempt to shield the sleeping Dani from the rather destructive sound. She then quickly heads back to the couch and hold the pans next to Sejeong’s ear again.

 

“RISE AND SHINE!” Somi swings the pans at full force and screams at the top of her lungs, creating a loud clang.

 

Sejeong jumps up with the world’s most surprised expression –mind you, she looked like she was caught doing something really bad- and falls off the couch, landing painfully on her . But that doesn’t stop her as she scrambles to her feet, to only trip over her blankets which are wrapped snugly around her legs. She lets out a pained expression and a soft groan as she tumbles, before slowly raising her head to glare at her so called best friend.

 

Somi, on the other hand, guffaws and howls with laughter like there’s no tomorrow, her hands holding her stomach, momentarily dropping the consideration she had for Dani when she lets out a shrill scream. She laughs and laughs, occasionally snorting, until she can’t take it anymore and tears start streaming down her face.

 

“Should’ve… seen…face,” Somi wheezes out before collapsing into a fit of laughter.

 

“Not funny, Som. You scared the ing living daylights out of me,” Sejeong scoffs.

 

“That’s… the… point.”

 

Sejeong whines and Somi cries, currently dying of laughter. They stay like that for a while till they hear the loud wail coming from Somi’s room.

 

Somi immediately sobers up.

 

Sejeong’s death glare disappears in a flash.

 

“Oh, Dani,” they say in unison.

 

Somi enters the room and carries Dani, pulling her towards her embrace. Sejeong sings softly to calm her down and presses her body against Somi’s to hum next to Dani’s ear. Dani eventually goes back to sleep after a few minutes and they high five each other as a form of celebration before going back to the living room.

 

“Good job for waking Dani up,” Sejeong huffs jokingly while circling her arms around Somi’s waist.

 

“Yeah, sorry. But you have to admit, it was really funny,” Somi giggles, shooting her an apologetic smile.

 

“Yeah, of course. Absolutely hilarious,” Sejeong retorts drily.

 

Somi pulls away from Sejeong’s embrace and makes her way back to the living room with Sejeong in tow. “Speaking of Dani, you know that your, uhm, moans, could’ve woken her up right? That’s kind of…”

 

“Disturbing? Unethical? Rude? Scarring?” Sejeong says, offering to finish Somi’s unfinished sentence.

 

“All of the above. But seriously, can’t you go to Chungha’s when this happens? I don’t like Dani hearing all this.”

 

Sejeong lets out a chuckle before holding out her hands in surrender. “We didn’t do anything yesterday. In all honesty.”

 

Somi turns to her and raises her eyebrows. “Right. As if.”

 

Sejeong stands in front of Somi and puts her hands on her shoulders, giving her a light shake.

 

“I won’t do those things when Dani is here. I know better than that. Furthest we went to yesterday night was make out, and it was in the club. Chungha’s house was too far away from the bar, so I offered to let her sleep the night. That’s all. Have some faith in me, Som.”

 

Sejeong’s gaze softens at the mention of Dani and Somi feels bad for thinking that way in the first place. She snakes her arms around Sejeong’s waist before tucking her head into her neck.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m over worrying,” she mumbles.

 

“It’s alright,” Sejeong wraps her arms around Somi and caresses her hair gently.

 

“But there’s something I don’t really understand,” Somi pulls apart slightly and looks at Sejeong with a curious glint in her brown eyes.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Are you and Chungha a thing?” Somi asks cautiously, her hands playing around with the hem of Sejeong’s shirt.

 

“Nah, course not. We fool around, but we don’t have any romantic attractions between us.”

 

Somi lets her small smile emerge. “Good.”

 

Sejeong tilts her head in confusion. “Good?”

 

“Don’t want the player breaking my best friend’s heart, right?”

 

“Of course not. Besides, I’m Kim Sejeong. Charming ladies by day, ing ladies by night.”

 

Somi giggles and rolls her eyes in mock disapproval. “Fair enough.”

 


A/N: it's been a few weeks since i've updated... whoops... 

ioi's disbandment is soon... and "downpour" got me right in the feels... and it's such a goddamn shame that we're losing such a perfect girl group

2ne1's "goodbye" was very emotional too... what is going on with kpop... rip me

please support all ioi members- jieqiong and nayoung who are in pristin, sejeong and mina who are in gugudan, yoojung and doyeon who are a part of fantagio's iteen, chaeyeon in dia, yeunjung in cosmic girls, chungha, sohye and somi

anyways, this has been Sesomislife and i will see you all soon with a new chapter to "godmother"!