pregnant

godmother

Sejeong walks home with a light bounce as she remembers the previous conversation with her future boss.

 

“Start next week,” she repeats, squealing as she did so with a wide smile plastered on her face.

 

She unlocks the door to her small apartment at the speed of light before flopping onto the sofa, letting out a tired but satisfied sigh.

 

Her cell phone rings after a while, and Sejeong reaches for it. She looks at the caller ID and the smile is back again.

 

“Som! I got my job!”

 

“Sejeong, I’m pregnant.”

 

Well, .

 


 

Sejeong learns that a lot can happen in a night.

 

And on that one night, Somi became a soon-to-be parent and was disowned by the family for being a single mother at just 22 years of age. Sejeong became the designated godmother and forces Somi to move in so that she can take care of her.

 

In short, their lives took a complete 180 degree turn and became much more… interesting.

 

How Somi got pregnant, Sejeong doesn’t know. She never told her and she never asked. But Sejeong is determined to look after her best friend and her goddaughter nevertheless.

 

(Sejeong gets a bear hug and a wet sloppy kiss on the cheek that night Somi moved in.)

 


 

(Time skip to a few months later, in which Somi is very much pregnant and Doyeon firmly believes that they are secretly dating.)

 

“You’re whipped.”

 

“Shut up, Doyeon. She’s my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less,” Sejeong groans as she sips on her coffee.

 

Doyeon scoffs. “You guys kiss each other on the cheek, you call that best friends?”

 

Sejeong waves her hand in dismissal. “That’s what best friends do. Chungha, help me out here.”

 

Chungha spares the duo a glance before turning back to her phone. “Doyeon, drop it. You kiss Yoojung on the cheek yet you guys aren’t in a relationship.”

 

Doyeon pouts and Sejeong pumps her fist in celebration. “Chungha! I thought I was your favourite, not Sejeong.”

 

Chungha is quick to interrupt Doyeon’s little whining session. “Correction: Yoojung is my favourite, and Sejeong is my hook up buddy. You on the other hand,” she glances at Doyeon, “are just a friend. So of course I’d favour my buddy slash friend over you.”

 

Sejeong’s face turns crimson red at the mention of “hook up” and Doyeon stares at her with wide eyes.

 

“You guys are… but what about Somi?” Doyeon’s jaw drops and she struggles to keep it closed, reminding Sejeong of salmon. She snickers, the previous shyness and embarrassment gone.

 

“We just fool around, nothing serious. Besides, Chungha’s interested in someone, so we’re putting our… activities on hold,” Sejeong pats an extremely overwhelmed Doyeon on the back. “Somi’s my best friend. Nothing more, nothing less,” she emphasises once again.

 

Chungha finally looks up from her phone and reaches over to Doyeon’s chin. “I think you dropped something,” she pushes Doyeon’s chin upwards and closes effectively. Sejeong barks out a laugh and Chungha snorts. “There we go, all sorted.”

 

Chungha and Sejeong get up and leave the café. The still-surprised Doyeon takes another minute to digest the information she’s been given before running after them shouting “wait! Chungha’s interested in someone?! Unnie!”, her cup of coffee long forgotten because well, Doyeon’s Doyeon. And Doyeon can be quite…dense at times.

 

(Sejeong begs to differ. To her, Doyeon is just plain stupid.)

 

Doyeon makes a mental note not to never ask Chungha who her favourites are. Never again.

 


 

“I’m going to kill Sejeong,” Somi hisses, holding a spatula in her hand.

 

“Somi, calm down. What’s with the spatula?” Yoojung, having just entered Somi and Sejeong’s shared apartment, looks confused. At any other given day, Somi would’ve squished her cheeks and cooed at her.

 

At least she would’ve if she isn’t spitting fire and dramatically waving her spatula around in the air like some sword.

 

“I was baking and I found a bright red bra resting in my cupboard. Stupid Kim Sejeong decides to leave her fling’s underwear in the kitchen, again! In the kitchen! I’m not cooking here anymore,” Somi waddles back into the living room and sits on the sofa with a gentle thud.

 

Yoojung has to remind herself that Somi isn’t overweight, but instead she is very, very, pregnant before teasing her about her weight. Yoojung shudders, that would’ve been a disaster. Pregnant ladies don’t have the words ‘emotionally stable’ in their dictionary.

 

So Yoojung braces herself and sits beside Somi. She gently removes the spatula from Somi’s hand and caresses her hair. “Come on, Somi. Let her be. Want me to clean the kitchen for you?”

 

Yoojung freezes. She shouldn’t have said that.

 

“Aw Yoojung, how sweet of you. I’ll be resting in my room. Remember to clean the counters, cupboards, everything actually, twice with disinfectant. Oh, and while you’re at it, finish baking my cupcakes for me? And I want food, savoury food. Not sweet. Preferably Chinese food from Tang’s. Oh and I want a tub of ice cream. Pistachio flavoured. Yeah, that’s about it. Thanks Yoojung,” Somi ruffles Yoojung’s hair playfully and waddles back into her room.

 

Yoojung groans. She fishes her phone out of her pocket, places it next to her ear and taps her foot impatiently.

 

“Doyeon?” She sighs in relief. “Come over to Somi’s for a bit and help me out?” Doyeon is quick to say yes and Yoojung smiles. “Bring Chungha as well. Kim Sejeong, on the other hand, needs to get her over here, no exceptions.”

 

The afternoon is spent on satisfying Somi’s cravings, cleaning the kitchen an additional four times because ‘the kitchen is tainted by Sejeong’s presence’, giving Somi two hours of free massage service and listening to Somi rant about how Sejeong doesn’t care about her feelings.

 

Yoojung is about to faint, Doyeon is dead exhausted, Chungha is done with Somi for the day. Sejeong feels like collapsing but she still has to deal with Somi for the night as the three leave before dinner.

 


 

Sejeong is greeted with the same spatula thrown at her face the next morning.

 

“Kim Sejeong. Get up.”

 

Sejeong groans, a quiet “five more minutes” escaping . A big thud and Sejeong is hit again, this time with a book.

 

“Okay, okay. I’m up,” Sejeong scrambles off her bed and notices that Somi has a broomstick in her hand.

 

“Good decision, Sejeong. The broomstick was next,” Somi grins and stretches out her arms, engulfing Sejeong in a hug.

 

Sejeong grimaces, it must be another bipolar day for Somi, but she hugs Somi back nevertheless.

 

“Sejeong?” Somi’s voice is high pitched as she pulls back.

 

“Yeah, Som?”

 

“I want Greek yoghurt served with buffalo wings. Make them for me?” Somi does a rather uncharacteristic pout paired with her puppy eyes and Sejeong sighs before nodding.

 

(Sejeong has to remind herself that Somi will be back to normal when the baby decides to come out. “Three months,” she chants. “Three months and it’ll all be over”.)

 


 

“Sejeong?”

 

“Hm?” Sejeong fiddles with Somi’s hair as they lounge on the sofa.

 

“I was thinking about names for the baby,” Somi says softly. She’s sitting in between Sejeong’s legs, her back against Sejeong’s front.

 

“And? Did you come up with any?” Today must be one of Somi’s good days where she doesn’t get all emotional and have weird cravings. Sejeong is definitely not going to change that.

 

“If it’s a boy, then I want it to be Minhyuk. I don’t know what name to give if it’s a girl though,” Somi frowns slightly, eyebrows crashed together in thought.

 

Sejeong hums and places her hands on Somi’s stomach. “Just give it time. You sure you want the gender to be a surprise?”

 

“Yeah,” Somi turns to look at Sejeong. “Think of a girl name for me.”

 

Sejeong’s eyes comically widen and Somi giggles. “I’m just the godmother though?”

 

“I’d rather you be the father to be honest,” Somi blurts out. “As in, the father, he’s, he’s an . I’d rather anyone be the father other than him,” she quickly adds to avoid any misunderstandings. “But help me choose, my best friend’s opinion is just as important as mine.”

 

Sejeong feels her blood boil at the mention of the father but chooses to ignore it. “Dani.”

 

“Dani?” Somi frowns again in confusion. “I thought you liked names that sound more… Korean?”

 

“Yeah, but I like Dani. It’s a nice name,” it’s Sejeong’s turn to frown. “You don’t like it?”

 

“No, no, of course not. I like it a lot actually,” Somi’s grin is back and Sejeong returns her smile.

 

“So Dani if it’s a girl?”

 

“Dani it is.”

 


 

Sejeong is once again interrupted in the middle of the night by Jeon Somi. But this time, instead of sleepily shouting “five more minutes”, Sejeong does not hesitate to jump out of her bed.

 

“Kim Sejeong! My water broke!”

 

“,” Sejeong rushes into Somi’s room and carries her bridal style out of the apartment door.

 

Sejeong slams the door to her car shut as soon as Somi is safely seated at the back. She quickly takes out her phone and presses it against her ear as soon as the call started.

 

“Chungha? I need you to be at the hospital, Somi’s water broke,” Sejeong, unlike her voice which came out surprisingly calm, frantically looks behind to see Somi groaning in pain and she steps on the pedal once again. “And get those two idiots to come with you, like now.”

 


 

Sejeong learns that a lot can happen in a night.

 

And on that one night, Somi became a parent and Sejeong became a godmother. Chungha, Yoojung and Doyeon are the god-aunts (Yoojung insisted to be somewhat related to the baby), and the baby that has been growing inside Somi’s womb has finally, as Doyeon said, “forced her way out of Somi’s ”.

 

And Sejeong can only smile in delight as she enters the hospital ward.

 

“It’s a girl,” Doyeon says, her eyes in awe of the cute girl in Somi’s arms.

 

Sejeong huddles close to Somi and the new-born baby girl. “Welcome to the jungle, baby Dani.”

 

(Sejeong gets a weak slap on the shoulder and a glare of disapproval. “What, it’s just a Guns N’ Roses reference, chill Yoojung.”)

 

Somi snorts in amusement and coos at Dani. “Welcome to my world, Dani.”

 


A/N: i'm back again... just to clarify this is a multi-chaptered fic and the ships will be mainly sesom and dodaeng(?) 

i won't have a specific update schedule due to writer's blocks, procrastination, etc. 

anyways, this has been Sesomislife and i will see you soon with a new chapter :))