—fin.

always in my heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The cold breeze of the wind touched his skin as Taeil closed his eyes. He heaved a sigh and looked up into the night sky, the starts shining so brightly in the starry night.

 

“It’s been a while since I came here.” He whispered to himself before opening his eyes to admire the breathtaking night view of Seoul Forest.

 

The forest was filled with so many people. Taeil could hear the joyful laughter, shouts, and giggles of the children who are running and playing around as well as the couples and families laughing who filled the atmosphere. Every single person around SeoulForest seemed to be so happy.

 

As the lights illuminated into the night, he smiled bitterly to himself as he remembered every moments he spent with the boy he only loved in the past. All of their shared memories are still haunting him up until now. Everything is still fresh inside his mind like it only happened yesterday.

 

Seo Youngho or Johnny, the name of the boy he only ever loved. The memories of how they met here in SeoulForest came crashing in his mind like a huge wave in the shore.

 

It was a beautiful and refreshing sunny Saturday afternoon and Taeil decided to take a stroll around Seoul Forest to unwind himself. Lately, school has been so stressful for him. He has so many projects to comply on the day of the deadline as well as upcoming midterms that anytime from now, his head is surely going to explode because of his responsibilities.

 

It can’t be helped since Taeil is a scholar at the university he is currently attending. As a guy who was born from an ordinary family, he has to study hard in order to be able to support his family, be a successful person, and climb up into the hierarchy of society.

 

While he is currently walking, he decided to raise the volume of his phone’s Spotify playlist and started singing along onto the song with his eyes close.

 

Everything is just going smooth for his routine when something unexpected happened.

 

“Move!”

 

Taeil stopped on his tracks, eyes widening in horror. Before he knew it, he was already on the ground as the tall guy riding the bicycle ran over him, lying with a cone of ice cream that is currently staining his favorite shirt.

 

“What the actual ?!” Taeil groaned in frustration. Seriously? Why does this misfortune have to happen to him huh? So much for wanting to unwind himself now that this happened!

 

Now, his shirt is currently a mess because of the spilled ice cream. Great. Just great. Can his day get any worst than this?

 

He was about to stand up when a hand suddenly offered help in front of him. Looking up to see the face of the person, his face grimaced when he saw that it was the tall guy who was riding on his bicycle earlier.

 

Instead of accepting his help, Taeil chose to stand up on his own. There’s no way in hell he’s going to accept this person’s help! After what he just did to his favorite shirt?! No thanks. He’d rather date a rotten banana than accept his damned help. But on the contrary… it’s so hard to deny that the tall guy in front of him is so good looking! Darn it!

 

The tall guy retracted his hand and scratched his nape. “Oops. I guess you don’t need my help. By the way, I’m sorry about what happe-” He did not get to finish his sentence though.

 

“Sorry? Really? You are sorry for what you did, you jerk?!” Taeil gritted on his teeth, ready to lash out to the tall guy in front of him. “Do you think your sorry will be able to clean my stained shirt?! And it’s my favorite one mind you!”

 

“Look, we are in a public place. Please calm down if you don’t want to attract any unwanted attention from the people around here.”

 

Calm down?! Just how the hell will he calm down huh?! After what he did to his favorite shirt?! Never in his wildest dreams! And he doesn’t care if the people around Seoul Forest are looking at them like they are some sort of showbiz or something because all he cares about is his desire to lash and vent out his frustrations in front of the tall guy who ruined his shirt! If they’re watching them then so be it.

 

“Who cares? Let them watch because you actually don’t know how precious this shirt is to me!” He raised his voice and rolled his eyes.

 

The tall guy heaved a sigh. “Look, it’s not my intention to ruin your shirt okay? If that’s what you are frustrated about then I’ll buy you a new one. Besides, in my fashion evaluation, it looks tacky and pla-” Once again, he did not get to finish his sentence because Taeil cuts him off.

 

“Save your explanations for yourself, you jerk! Nobody cares about your ing fashion evaluation!”

 

That was the last thing he said before turning his back to walk away from him. Goodness gracious. All he wanted to do is to be free from the stress but instead everything just got worst just like how worst that tall guy is!

 

That’s how he and Johnny met and he just couldn’t forget it. Every scenario is still vivid inside his mind up until now. And although he wishes to turn back the time and change everything, he knows that it is way too beyond possible to happen.

 

Just when he thought that their accidental encounter at the Seoul Forest was going to be their first and last, it looks like he was very wrong. Life is indeed crazy because unexpected things happen.

 

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Was the first thing that came out of Taeil’s mouth when he unexpectedly saw the tall guy he encountered at the forest yesterday in front of their university gate.

 

Why is he here in front of their school gate?! He slowly looked at him from head to toe and saw the ID that looks familiar to what every student in their university wears. Oh no. It couldn’t be… don’t tell him…

 

The tall guy just shrugged before flashing an arrogant grin. “Obviously, I am from Chicago and transferring here starting today.” He said as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

 

Taeil’s eyes widened in horror. This jerk is transferring here today?! Someone’s got to tell him that this is just some sort of a prank or something. Come on, it’s not even April Fools. It can’t be possible! No. Just no!

 

“Why are you transferring here huh?!”

 

“Why? Is the university yours for you to ask me why I’m transferring here?” He replied and Taeil swears he wants to wipe that annoying grin off his face.

 

“Shut up, you jerk!”

 

Bursting out of laughter, he then shook his head. “The name is Johnny okay? Not you jerk or anything. It’s Seo Youngho or Johnny.”

 

“Go and find someone who cares about your name, jerk! Or better, just get lost already!” He yelled at the top of his and from a distance, the tall guy err Johnny just laughed and winked at him.

 

“You hate me that much already even though we just me yesterday huh?”

 

It turns out that the first and last encounter at the Seoul Forest that he wished to end did not happen. Instead, it turned worst this time around as well.

 

Taeil is currently on his way to his locker area when someone suddenly tripped him, causing his textbooks to scatter around and he felt the painful impact of the floor.

 

He doesn’t have to figure out who the hell did this to him. There is only one guy who pisses the hell out of him everyday and it’s none other than…

 

Johnny bursts out of laughter and holds his stomach. “You are so clumsy, Taeil hyung!” He said as he continued to laugh.

 

“Stop playing innocent, Seo! I know that you purposely tripped me!”

 

“Whoah! How could you accuse like this, hyung? I. did. not. tripped. you. okay? You’re just too clumsy.”

 

“Oh you surely did not!” Taeil exclaimed in a sarcastic manner and he stood up from the floor and glared at him. “Don’t you dare play innocent with me, jerk!”

 

“Whatever you say, Moon Taeil. A friendly advice, please be careful from now on alright. Not all the time, I’m here to save you.” Johnny flashed a wide grin and waved his hand before walking away from his sight.

 

As soon as he’s already out of his sight, irritation invaded his system and he swears that he is already on the verge of punching that guy! “Go to hell, Seo Youngho!”

 

Ever since the day Johnny transferred here at their university, he didn’t missed any day just to piss and annoy Taeil. He would do everything just to ruin his day by suddenly grabbing his textbooks and doing annoying gestures. There are even times where he follows Taeil everywhere just to start an argument and piss her off. And that’s what he is currently doing right now!

 

“Hello there, Taeil hyung.” Johnny suddenly popped out of nowhere with a smirk on his lips while Taeil’s currently busy shoving his textbooks inside his locker.

 

Turning to face him, his gazes are sharp as he heaved a sigh. “What now, Seo?” He emphasized each word that he said.

 

On the other hand, Johnny chuckled. “Whoah! Easy, baby. I’m not even doing anything to you. What’s with the sour temper huh?”

 

“What did you just call me?! Baby?!” Taeil stated and his face crinkles, disgusted over what he just heard. “You’re so gross! Eww!”

 

“Listen here, Seo Youngho. First of all, I am not that a baby so don’t you dare call me that! Second, can you please just stop following me around the university?! I’m begging you! Wherever I am, you are also there too! Please stop because it isn’t and will never be funny!” He took a deep breath to calm himself down. Wow. That was straight from his mouth like a gun on fire.

 

Johnny’s expression hardened and his stares got intense. “What if I don’t want to do that, Taeil hyung?”

 

Taeil noticed the change in his expression. He has already seen Johnny being so serious but this time around, it’s so different from the usual him. With that kind of expression he is sporting, he looked too attractive and intense that it’s so scary.

 

“What? You’re unbelievable!”

 

He started walking towards his direction. “Just because you are a year older than me and one of the smartest students here in our university doesn’t mean that you can boss me around. So what if I annoy and piss you off? That’s just my way for you to notice me!”

 

“W-Wha-” He did not get to finish his sentence.

 

“Are you really that dense, Taeil hyung?! Can’t you see and feel that I like you?! I’m making myself look stupid and annoying because I like you!”

 

With his jaw literally dropping in shock, his feet freeze to where he is standing. What did Johnny just said?! He likes him?! Did he hear him correctly or he must’ve lost his mind already?!

 

“I really like you, Taeil hyung! From the very first place, it’s not my intention to spill that ice cream on your shirt and same as to liking you so much. But what can I do if it’s already my heart choosing you as the owner of it?” Johnny walked with his large footsteps forward while Taeil is slowly walking backwards until he felt his back contacting with the cold metal of his locker. He pinned him by using both of his hands, his gazes still intense.

 

“J-Johnny…” Taeil looked away and his heart started beating so fast. A few seconds ago, he is fuming mad in front of the tall guy who always annoyed him but now… why is his heart beating so terribly fast like this?

 

“At first, I was just clearly amused of you and the way you treated me back at the Seoul Forest. But my amusement soon turned into my curiosity about you so I started approaching you when I found out that you’re studying here. Soon, this curiosity of mine suddenly turned into thinking about you and wanting to see you all of the damn time. Now what? My thinking and wanting turned into these foreign feelings I have for you.” He whispered and rested his forehead on him. “Moon Taeil, what have you done to me huh? I don’t think this kind of feeling is something that can fade away in just a snap.”

 

Johnny lifted Taeil’s chin using one of his hands, their eyes looking into each other like it’s only the two of them right at the moment. Taeil couldn’t utter any words to him as if he turned into a helpless animal. His brain is saying that he needs to push him away but his heart says otherwise.

 

After a couple of seconds, he felt Johnny plantin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter