Rainy Days

Rainy Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene nuzzles her face against Wendy’s stomach, her arms tightly wrapped around the younger’s waist.

It’s been raining all morning. Their members had been out all day, Seulgi was out filming, Yeri was at school and Joy… well, she went out with manager oppa to buy chicken and go shopping. It’s been quite a while since the couple had time together.

“Wan-ah” Irene huffs into Wendy’s stomach, the hot air tickling the brunette’s abdomen. “I’m bored.” Irene looks up at Wendy, staring at her with puppy dog eyes.

Wendy put down the book she was reading and cups the older girl’s cheeks. Wendy pulls the older girl up so that their noses would be touching, Irene’s lip jutting out in an insanely adorable pout.

“Are you sure you’re older than me?" Wendy chuckles.

Irene huffs irritated and buries her face in Wendy’s chest.

It was a rare sight to see Irene act like this. Usually she would be calm and refined but right now, Irene looks like a toddler in desperate need of attention.

Wendy giggles at the tingly feeling at her chest. Irene had been blowing hot puffs of air through Wendy’s baby blue jacket. She starts kicking her feet when Irene tries to bite her very ticklish stomach.

“Yah! Joohyun, stop!” She yells through the giggling, her feet still frantically moving in the air.

“Hm?” Irene blows yet another puff of hot air into Wendy’s jumper before she pushes herself up, her body hovering on top of Wendy’s. “Where’s the ‘unnie’ in that sentence?” She asks menacingly.

Wendy playfully hits Irene’s shoulder.

“Just admit that you love it when I call you ‘Joohyun’” Wendy shoots back, raising her brow.

Irene brings her body back down and rests her head in the crook of Wendy’s neck, nuzzling closer as she brings the blanket that was covering them to her chin. She settles in nicely, her left arm resting on Wendy’s chest while her right arm was beneath the brunette.

The pitter patter of the rain comforts her, lulling her to sleep but she wills herself awake. Why would she want to sleep on the rare occasion where she can finally spend time privately with her girlfriend?

“Hey, Joohyun” Wendy starts patting the girl’s head, combing through the purple locks with her fingers. “When do you think the rain will stop?”

Irene’s eyes are heavy, she was already half asleep. So she just hums in response.

The mix of Wendy’s breathing and the sound of raindrops serves as her lullaby, slowly putting Irene to sleep.

***

“I’m home!” A tall blonde walks in to their dorm holding two white bags.

“Shh!” Wendy tells the girl to quieten down so their leader, who was sleeping soundly, wouldn’t wake up.

Joy had to hold back the urge to laugh. I mean, who wouldn’t laugh at the sight of Joohyun sleeping soundly, drool rolling down the side of her cheek (aside from Wendy, of course).

After calming down from her little (big) fit of giggles, Joy walks closer to the couple, carefully tiptoeing so she wouldn’t make a sound.

“Do you want me to leave again?” Joy tries to suppress another chuckle.

Wendy nods, looking down at the girl sleeping in front of her.

Well, that wasn’t the response she was expecting. But Joy can understand why Wendy would say ‘no’ as her answer. After all the couple rarely spends time together, so Joy just goes with it.

Just as she was about to get up and leave, she hears a low whisper coming from the brunette.

“Can you get me a few things?” It was barely audible, but Joy managed to hear it. Luckily, Joy was in a good mood.

She hums, asking what the latter wanted without moving her lips.

***

Irene wakes up in bed, a familiar arm around her waist. She looks up and sees her girlfriend calmly reading the novel from earlier. She snuggles closer to the brunette, pulling up the blanket.

“You didn’t have to move me, you know?” She nuzzles her face in the crook of Wendy’s neck, almost like how a cat would. “It would’ve been fine if I just slept on the couch you know” She mumbles, eyes still partially clouded with sleep.

Wendy starts petting Irene just like a cat, starting at the top of her head, all the way to the back.

“I know, but I wanted to” She doesn’t look away from the novel in her hand. “And it’s bad for your back”

“Are you calling me old?” Irene sits up and glares at her girlfriend.

“I don’t know, am I?” Wendy playfully fires back, finally putting her book down after marking where she was up to with a dog ear.

Irene clicks her tongue, slamming her head against her girlfriend’s chest on her way down, eliciting a cough from the brunette.

“Why are you so violent, Unnie?” Wendy jokes as she rubs her chest, trying to ease the pain. A light bulb li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter