Chapter 17 : Your Meaning (1)

Oasis in the Clouds [Season 2]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*I have a beautiful poster thanks to @misssugee (instagram) and wanhazimah (this site)! Thank you so much <3*

 

Your Meaning (1)

 

##Starbucks near HanGuk University (Present)##

+NaYeon and SiAh are sitting together at a table+

+SiAh is looking at NaYeon with curiosity+

+NaYeon is sitting in her seat, very awkwardly+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “Sorry, you must be very confused right now. A stranger telling you she has something to tell you and all.”

 

NaYeon “Oh, no, no~!”

 

SiAh “I’ll get right to the point… to avoid any awkwardness in here (laughs awkwardly).”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon looks at SiAh with interest+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “I know someone that went to the same junior high school as him.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+The scenes where TaeHyung and SungJae had so much tension between them flows through NaYeon’s mind+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “It’s a story you should know, before seriously thinking about him.”

 

NaYeon “Huh…?”

 

SiAh “Have you heard this name before?’

 

NaYeon “What name…?”

 

SiAh “Cha HaeWon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cha HaeWon…?

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “No, I’ve never heard of the name before… why?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+SiAh looks at NaYeon, intensely+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “Oh~ I guess it wouldn’t be the best thing to tell a new girlfriend.”

 

NaYeon “Pardon…?”

 

SiAh “(Awkward smile) I wouldn’t want to tell this to someone that likes me either, if I was Kim TaeHyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon looks at SiAh, wide-eyed+

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was starting to get curious…
what the story was…
why everyone was pointing fingers at...
blaming everything on TaeHyung…
I thought hearing this story
would help me understand TaeHyung better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “Are they not friends anymore or something…?”

 

SiAh “Well… they kind of can’t.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon looks at SiAh, surprised+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “Cha HaeWon died.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon gets even more surprised and looks at SiAh+

 

 

 

 

 

 

NaYeon “Di, died…?”

 

SiAh “(Looks at NaYeon) do you want to hear the story of Cha HaeWon… who turned from a prince to ashes the next day…?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon looks at SiAh, nervously+

 

 

 

 

 

 

I felt like the reason TaeHyung…
was hurt… and suffering from a psychological illness…
might be due to this story…
So I wanted to hear it…
even though I had a gut feeling…
this would hurt…
someone in the end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “Cha HaeWon was a very wealthy kid, along with SungJae and TaeHyung. People said they were friends since earlier than preschool, because their parents were close with each other. But unlike the other two, he had interest in academics as well, so he entered the school under the label of ‘scholarship student’.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon listens deeply into the story+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “He was in the crew with SungJae, TaeHyung, and the rest of the kids that still hang out with SungJae… so nobody was able to bother any of them. They were the top whatever, richest families in the whole school. But one day… in the middle of Grade 6, Cha HaeWon started to get excluded and bullied.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+NaYeon looks at SiAh, confused+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “It turned out, Cha HaeWon’s family went under investigation and was basically taken down by a bigger company… and it was only a matter of time before their family went bankrupt. And you know the whole ‘Korean parents’ thing, where they don’t want any of that to affect their kids… so I guess Cha HaeWon’s mom started working at some restaurant.. And was seen by one of his classmates.”

 

NaYeon “…it’s possible for SUCH a wealthy family like that to go bankrupt in a single day?”

 

SiAh “I’m not too sure… but I heard it had something to do with a political situation…? And they weren’t taken down in a day, I think it was a longer process.”

 

NaYeon “Wow… that’s insane.”

 

SiAh “And that Cha HaeWon, was a lot smaller than the other boys in size… but nobody was able to lay a hand on him because of his family’s status… but when bankruptcy hit… everyone was out to get him. Because of the wrongs done to them by SungJae and TaeHyung’s crew.”

 

NaYeon “Oh wait… so Cha HaeWon is a boy?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

For some odd reason…
I expected this Cha HaeWon
to be a girl.
That was maybe in a
love triangle with
TaeHyung and Yook SungJae
or something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “Yeah. (Deeply in thought) a very… pitiful boy.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##ChungDam Elementary School_Field (Past)##

*Many elementary students are playing around in the playgrounds, and fields*

+HaeWon is sitting on the staircase, looking at the ground+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “(Sadly) … I need to buy that paint set…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+HaeWon thinks of his family situation and takes a deep breath. He then lowers his head onto his knees+

 

 

 

 

 

 

??? “That ain’t going to get you no paint set~”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+HaeWon gets surprised and looks up+

+In front of HaeWon, TaeHyung, with a brilliant smile, is looking at him+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “Ta, TaeHyung…? What are you doing at school?”

 

TaeHyung “Tadaa~!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung hands HaeWon a paint set+

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “I had a few in the studio in my house, but there’s a new set thata I want to buy. You have this.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+HaeWon takes the paint set and looks at TaeHyung with a bitter smile+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “…I don’t think acting is much of your path.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung looks at HaeWon with an embarrassed smile+

+TaeHyung then sits beside HaeWon+

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “(Looks ahead) are you sad because of the news?”

 

HaeWon “… (Looks at TaeHyung) are your parents okay with you still hanging out with me?”

 

TaeHyung “Hmm… I never really asked~ (looks at HaeWon) and my mom never really said (smiles widely).”

 

HaeWon “(Laughs to himself) what a weirdo.”

 

TaeHyung “HaeWon-ah.”

 

HaeWon “(Looks at TaeHyung) yeah?”

 

TaeHyung “(Wide smile) everything will be okay.”

 

HaeWon “…”

 

TaeHyung “My grandmother said, the greater people in the world, go through ups and downs in life, and that’s what makes them so great.”

 

HaeWon “What the heck man…”

 

TaeHyung “(Continues to look at HaeWon) endure it. I know you can do it. Endure, and get through this… and become a greater person than your dad.”

 

HaeWon “…well, thanks for the paint set.”

 

TaeHyung “I’m only giving those to you, so that you can build me a museum in the future (winks).”

 

HaeWon “(Chuckles to himself) such a weirdo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung and HaeWon laugh amongst themselves+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##ChungDam Elementary School_Hallways (Past)##

+HaeWon is walking with the paint set that TaeHyung gave him in his hand+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “(To himself) such a funny kid.”

 

??? “Oh? You got yourself a paint set?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+HaeWon gets surprised and looks up+

+SungJae is looking at him, in confusion, with a paint set in his hands+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “Hmm…? What’s this about?”

 

SungJae “What? Oh, well, uh… people were saying, that you were probably busy with… things… so I thought maybe you didn’t have the time to go buy a paint set.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+HaeWon laughs to himself+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “I’m so happy.”

 

SungJae “…? Why.”

 

HaeWon “Because you and TaeHyung are my friends.”

 

SungJae “(In disgust) okay that’s gross. Well I see TaeHyung already beat me to it… he’s hella hard to beat.”

 

HaeWon “(Smiles) thanks guys… I’ll get through this. I’ll endure it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+HaeWon looks at SungJae with a big smile+

+SungJae looks at HaeWon back, with a warm smile+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##Starbucks near HanGuk University (Present)##

+NaYeon and SiAh are talking to each other+

 

 

 

 

 

 

There were such times…
where both TaeHyung and Yook SungJae
were so bright and cheerful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

SiAh “Because Kim TaeHyung and Yook SungJae heard that everyone was out to get HaeWon, after his parents’ were completely bankrupt… they always guarded Cha HaeWon’s sides. Nobody at school was able to stand up to those two anyways. There was also a rumor that either Yook SungJae or Kim TaeHyung’s side forced the school to let Cha HaeWon enroll into the junior high school as well. And OF COURSE everyone started to hate Cha HaeWon even more and more. So Kim TaeHyung and Yook SungJae took turns going to school with Cha HaeWon, and basically sticking to him 24/7. They even got the school to place all three of them in the same classes. They basically did everything to guard Cha HaeWon from the other kids.”

 

NaYeon “…and only in junior high… that’s just… scary.”

 

SiAh “Well, if you had friends like Kim TaeHyung and Yook SungJae, the number 1 and 2 familiiies of the school guarding your side 24/7, it wasn’t… until one day…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##ChungDam Junior High School_Cafeteria (Past)##

+Many students are eating lunch together+

+HaeWon is lined up, by himself+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “Wow, haven’t seen BOTH Yook SungJae and Kim TaeHyung not show up to school in a while.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+A student behind HaeWon pushes HaeWon out of the way and budges+

+HaeWon looks at the student in confusion+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “…? Why are you cutting in line?”

 

Student 1 “Why not, do you still think you’re the son of H Group or something? Or, that H Group that doesn’t even exist anymore?”

 

HaeWon “…What?”

 

Student 1 “It’s been a while since everyone looked at you like vermin, but nobody was able to do anything about it… because you had your loyal Yook SungJae and Kim TaeHyung sticking by your side… but I heard rumors that they both decided to abandon you now. So I was thinking of giving you a piece of my mind.”

 

HaeWon “…”

 

Student 1 “See you at the rooftop after class.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+Student 1 body checks HaeWon onto the ground and leaves the cafeteria+

+HaeWon falls to the ground easily+

+Other students laugh at HaeWon as he looks around in confusion+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “(Looking at the ground) endure it… endure it HaeWon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##ChungDam Internet Café (Past)##

+TaeHyung is gaming like there is no tomorrow+

+He takes a big bite of bowl noodle+

+SungJae walks towards TaeHyung slowly+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SungJae “…? Kim TaeHyung…?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung, with ramen soup smudged around his mouth, turns around and sees SungJae+

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “????? What are you doing here???”

 

SungJae “It’s YOUR turn to go today.”

 

TaeHyung “What?? No it’s the 12TH today!! I was odd days and you were even days!!”

 

SungJae “…”

 

TaeHyung “So… nobody’s at school right now???”

 

SungJae “…Do you really expect Lee TaeYong or Han SangHyuk or Choi JongHyun or Kim NamJoo to go to school? Especially on a Friday?”

 

TaeHyung “Sh*t… (To the part-time worker) hyung!! The bil!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##ChungDam Streets (Past)##

+TaeHyung, dressed in Adidas sweats set with Adidas slippers on one foot and the other foot barefooted, is running for his life+

+SungJae, dressed in Nike sweats set with Nike Air Force 1, is running for his life+

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “You dumb sh*t, how can you not know the date!!”

 

SungJae “How was I supposed to know!! I’ve never given a rat’s *ss about no date before in my life!!”

 

TaeHyung “Ugh!! I should’ve never trusted you!!”

 

SungJae “Okay you wanna go?! I can beat the living daylights out of you with my eyes closed!”

 

TaeHyung “Why do I have to do all this running, because of YOUR mistake!”

 

SungJae “Ugh!! Sorry! There! You happy!?”

 

TaeHyung “Yeah well you better give a better apology to HaeWon later!!”

 

SungJae “Well let’s hope… that I won’t have to apologize.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung and SungJae are running for their lives+

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

##ChungDam Junior High School_Rooftop (Past)##

+TaeHyung and SungJae are hurrying up the staircase+

+As soon as they arrive at the rooftop, they freeze in place+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SungJae “…what the hell is going on.”

 

TaeHyung “… Hae, HaeWon-ah…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+HaeWon is shaking on the ground, covered in bruises, blood, unknown substances+

+TaeHyung and SungJae look at HaeWon in shock+

+HaeWon’s shaking with his ripped-up uniform on+

+TaeHyung and SungJae carefully approach him+

 

 

 

 

 

 

TaeHyung “HaeWon-ah…”

 

HaeWon “(Shaking in place) …just go.”

 

SungJae “Who… who did this to you… who DARE did this to you!!!”

 

HaeWon “…… just go… (Bawling) please just leave me alone!!! This is so ing embarrassing!! Just go!!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung and SungJae look at each other in anxiety+

+HaeWon attempts to get up from the ground+

+TaeHyung runs over to HaeWon to help him up+

+SungJae looks at HaeWon+

+HaeWon pushes TaeHyung away+

+TaeHyung gets pushed back and just looks at HaeWon+

 

 

 

 

 

 

HaeWon “…don’t worry… I’m fine. (Crying) I’ll… endure it… I will… It’s just that… I just need time… I want to be alone.”

 

TaeHyung “How can we leave you-“

 

SungJae “Okay.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

+TaeHyung looks at SungJae in shock+

 

 

 

 

 

 

SungJae “We’ll give you time, to think about stuff by yourself. But.”

 

HaeWon “…? (Looks at SungJae)”

 

SungJae “Come over to my house.”

 

HaeWon “What?”

 

SungJae “We’ll leave you alone, and give you time to sort your thoughts out… but come to my house and get cleaned up. Or… TaeHyung’s mom’s hospital… be somewhere… that we know you’ll be safe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter