Chapter 2

The Tempter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 2

     I keep on falling, deeper and everything feels darker. Deeper, deeper until no return. I feel my limbs crashing, blood rushing, my soul slipping away. I feel death, but I still feel my self falling. And again, I was drowning whilst I’m burning. It feels too hot and I can’t breathe. I tried to struggle, to swim upwards but I cannot as it feels like I’m being constricted, being restrained. I feel my tears falling and fears rumbling. I screamed hard as I was falling harder, faster.  

     “Wake up,” I hear someone telling me vaguely. “Wake up!” the voice was louder now. “Jin hyung wake up,” the voice was desperate. Suddenly, I felt something course through me. I opened my eyes with a scream and tears streaming down my face. “Jin hyung, what’s wrong?” Taehyung asked me with a worried tone. “I don’t know,” I stammered as I cried harder. Taehyung hugged me to his chest. I continued sobbing until I remembered Jungkook. “Jungkookie? Where is Jungkook?” I asked Taehyung desperately while grabbing his shirt. “What do you mean hyung?” he asked with genuine confusion. “Jungkook— he jumped down from the rooftop. How is he? Please tell me that he’s not dead,” I asked him frantically. I just watched our youngest jump down in front of me. I shivered, remembering his words, “Have you ever wondered how flying feels like, hyung?” He looked so drunk— so possessed at that moment and it still makes me feel so terrified. “What do you mean? Jungkook is not dead,” Taehyung told me but I can’t believe him, I don’t. I saw it with my own two eyes. Jungkook jumped, Jungkook tried to kill himself. “Namjoon, Namjoon knows that I took Jungkook outside,” I told him curiously. “Hyung, I saw you passed out by the stairs to our rooftop, Jungkook said that he asked you to wait for him there because he needed to go to the restroom but when was about to come back to you, our choreographer suddenly asked for a meeting then he just called you to come back but you never answered. Then I volunteered to fetch you since you weren’t responding to us. And as I said, I just saw you there lying on the floor,” he explained to me truthfully. “I don’t understand,” I know what I saw. Taehyung sensed that I was not believing his words so he told me, “Hyung I think you’re just tired. Have you been eating well?” he asked me worriedly. “Yes, thank you for worrying. Maybe I really need to sleep more,” I said. I tried convincing myself that it was just a dream, but I know deep inside that it’s not just a dream. It feels too real to be a dream. 

     The next day, I felt horrible. I didn’t encounter another nightmare after Taehyung convinced me to sleep once more, but I still can’t ignore the gut-wrenching feeling that there is something wrong. “Jin hyung, are you well now?” Jimin asked behind me as I was yet preparing breakfast for them. “Ah, I’m feeling better now. Thank you,” I lied to him, hiding it with a small smile. Jimin was always one of the sweetest in our group. Jungkook too, although Jungkook is a lot to handle most of the times, his innocence is still sweet as a child. “Jin hyung! I’m glad you’re okay now,” Taehyung rushed to me, gripping my upper arms making me wince in pain. Taehyung seemed to have been startled by my reaction making him step back. “I’m sorry. I-I didn’t mean to hurt you or annoy you,” he said looking down. I placed my hand on top of his head and his head, “It’s alright Tae, I know you didn't want to hurt me,” I said and he beamed at me. The rest of th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter