Part Two

Just Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Woo's POV

I opened my eyes, my whole body was feeling stiff and painful, as if something heavy was on top of my waist and that something, was Sehun…
  He was still sleeping, the rays coming from outside the window hitting slightly his face, making that small scar on his cheek even more visible.

A hand was on my wais while his other hand under my head… I was in his arms…

How did we end up like this? Sehun was drunk but I was pretty fine, so why did I let this happen… like an idiot!

I slowly removed his hand from my waist, placing it on his own body and then got up from the couch slowly, not wanting him to wake up.
  But that was useless, the moment I was dressing myself he was just looking at me…

“Goodmorning Sehun…”

“Ji Woo…” before he could say anything I started speaking, avoiding referring to what happened between us.

“Woah, it seems we fell asleep. Do you want me to make breakfast? I bet you’re hungry, since we didn’t really eat yesterday with the guys”

“Ji Woo!” it seems me trying to avoid the conversation was useless, it’s crazy to do it with your best friend… right? “We need to talk, like right now!”

“What about? There’s nothing to talk here…”

“Look, we did something yesterday… we need to clear things up”

“Sehun! We don’t really need to talk about it… it was nothing. Just a plain mistake” I kept on putting on my clothes… I just wanted to finish everything there as quickly as possible.

I put my hair in a ponytail and without waiting for him to answer, I started cleaning around the place and the whole time I was doing so, I could feel his gaze not leaving me.

“I’m done around here… is there anything you want me to do Sehun” I was trying to act as if nothing happened, but his eyes showed something I hadn’t seen in long… pain.

He lowered his head biting his lower lip. I knew he had something to tell me. I could sense it and that something has to do with that grave mistake.

“Ji Woo… was it really nothing? How can we pretend that nothing happened? When clearly, I ruined everything… everything we had!”

“Don’t worry… it could be just anyone, right? We’re not going to ruin our friendship for such thing.” I paused for a while thinking of my words carefully. “You have Sun Hee anyways, so if you think of that then how can you two be together?”

“Does that matter?! Jung Ji Woo… we’ve know each other for more than twenty years… and now I ing destroyed it!”

“Well, what can we do about it? What happened just happened. Now let’s ing forget it, and stop acting as if that was the worst and most hateful thing you’ve ever done”  Those were my limits…

I do regret it for letting us do it. But does he have to act so depressed about it? !
  He was the one who even started this !

“Ji Woo! This is serious, I don’t want to ruin what we have.”  We both stayed in silence for what seemed to be a long time, as if thinking of what to say so as to not hurt each other.

But I guess… it’ll have to happen…

“You know what, it was going to happen sooner or later… us not meeting again I mean” I paused, staring at his surprised expression “From now on… let’s not talk… let’s pretend we don’t know each other. That way we’ll both be fine”

Like that without waiting for him to speak, I took my bag and left his house, going to my own.
  The only thoughts in my mind… were those of exiting his life.

//

One to two weeks after what happened between me and Sehun, Park Sun Hee came to see me.
  I just had opened the door to my house and she was standing there, waiting for me to come out. I wonder… has she been waiting here for me to come out?

I approached her, my hands inside my pockets. She seemed to be hurt about something, of course I didn’t bother to even ask, since she is Sehun’s girlfriend and I have nothing to do with him.
  Even his name makes me angry lately. It’s not that I don’t have feelings for him anymore… but the way he acted just hurt me a lot and as I was taught by my mom, when a guys seems to hate being with you, you just back away and go to the next one who will appreciate you more.

“Ji Woo shi…” this woman’s voice was weak, her eyes red and puffy indicating that she had cried.

“Is there anything I can do? Why would you come to me?”

“Can you please talk with Sehun? For some kind of reason he’s  been avoiding me. We haven’t talk since his birthday”  ah… I see what happened… he’s feeling guilty towards her.

“I’m sorry, but I don’t talk to him anymore. What happens between the two of you has nothing to do with me, so please get out of my sight”  I stepped forward ready to leave her behind but she grabbed my hand and stopped me.

She looked straight at my eyes, a hint of hatred inside them. Well the feelings are mutual… although I don’t have the right to hate her.

“You see… we had a fight the day of his birthday and that was regarding you, so you do have something to do with it” she paused but I didn’t give a damn about what she had to say. “The fact that you two spend all the time together angers me, that day he was obviously jealous that you went out with his friend so I got angry and after that day he hasn’t even replied to my messages”

“Do I seem to care about it? ing go to his house and knock down the door. Do whatever you want but don’t involve me in your jealousy fights. And as I said before… I have nothing to do with him” I pushed her away and kept on walking.

My destination was the minimarket down the street. I walked there, my mind filled with images of that night… Sehun’s smile… his warm back… everything about him to be honest.
  I do miss him and I do want to be with him but I’ll have to move on so one day we’ll speak normally again.

“Ahjumma, do you have soju?” I asked the lady on the machine. She smiled at me and gave me two bottles as I told her.  “Thank you” I smiled and gave her the money.

“Ji Woo…” I was about to leave when that voice called me… that voice I’ve been longing to hear. “Why do you need the soju?” Sehun grabbed the plastic bag from my hands and just stared at me with a worried look…

He seems so tired it pains me… Sehun, what have you done to yourself you ing idiot? Why do you seem so weak? How much have you been working you bastard?

“Nothing that concerns you.” Despite my feelings I grabbed back the plastic bag and walked away from the shop. Once again Sehun held me from the arm.

“Don’t do something stupid… please” I raised an eyebrow at what he said… does he think I’m gonna get drunk or something?

“This is not for me… it’s for my uncle, got it? Now let me go” he loosened his grip around my arm, letting his head fall down…  I have to say I feel pretty bad about this situation… maybe, just maybe I can act nicer… “Are you fine?”

He nodded his head and I promise… at that moment I saw his eyes getting watery. It does pain me… why would Sehun be like this? He rarely cries… does the guilt make him like this?

“Yeah… I’m fine. What about you?”

“I’m fine too… I hope you won’t feel anything about what happened. It’s not your fault. Also… Sun Hee is worried about you. She came and asked me for you. I heard you guys had a fight” he lowered his head again without speaking.

And that silence was what made me walk away… but his words stopped me.

“Can you come to my house tonight? I want to talk about something”  I didn’t know how to reply. My heart wanted me to say yes… but my mind was afraid of doing so…

“We’ll see…” regardless, I gave him hopes…  and like that left him behind.

I run to my house, Sun Hee was gone by now which means they won’t talk today either.
  I entered my house and once I did, I saw my parents and uncle having a nice talk.

“I brought the soju” I said and they all turned their attention to me. 

My uncle made some room and patted the space beside him for me to go and sit there. I did what he signed me to do and sat beside him, giving the soju to my mom who smiled at me.

“Ji Woo, I have an offer to make.” My uncle said and took out a card from his wallet. “You see there’s this private doctor who needs a secretary and he pays well. He told me if there was someone good with computers and all that and you immediately came to my mind” I nodded my head listening attentively to him.

I know where this is going… and I don’t think I’m going to reject his offer…

“Do you want to move to Jeju with me and work there? You know your cousins will be happy about that too.” I smiled at my uncle and nodded my head.

“As long as my parents are fine with it then sure. I guess some change will be nice”  my uncle smiled and just like that… I made a huge decision for me… without even thinking about it.

I guess I’ll be leaving… not only this place but the people I love the most as well… and honestly I don’t want anyone to know where I’ll be.

//

Night came… I still wondered whether I should go to Sehun’s or not. Part of me wanted to go… but another part of me just yelled at me for thinking like that.
  If I go, I might not chose to go, but then that would mean that I definitely gave up on him… and that’s not really what happens.

I’m not saying I want space… no. That’s just bull people make to not face their responsibilities and I’m not like that.
  I’m not the kind of woman who avoids life… I’ll just have to face it all… shouldn’t I?

With a deep breath, I opened the door of my bedroom and slowly went down the stairs. My parents were sleeping and I didn’t want them to wake up. It’s not that they are against me meeting Sehun, but sneaking out is weird… isn’t it?

I opened the front door slowly, my uncle was just there, sleeping soundly as he was loudly snoring, I have to say that made me laugh and thanks God he didn’t wake up.
  I stepped outside and closed the door behind me slowly.

I was expecting to clear things up between me and Sehun, especially since I made the choice to leave. It might be a rash one but… I think it will be the best. I don’t think we can go further than we’ve already gone right now.
  I breathed in and stared at his house…

But I saw something, that made me feel weak… that made my heart shatter into thousand million pieces like a mirror that dropped on the floor.
  The lights of his house were and I could see what was happening inside his room.

Sehun was sitting on the bed, while Sun Hee was just beside him. They were hugging… she’s giving him comfort… she’s not mad at him for what happened…  she forgave him.

My head dropped on the floor… what exactly was I expecting to happen? Aish Jung Ji Woo, were you thinking that maybe… just maybe Sehun would love you back?
  Then again… that would be ed up… I stared once more at the window of his room… they looked happy…

So that’s how long his guilt lasted… I guess those twenty years did nothing to us. Good, just amazing…

I took a deep breath, feeling hot tears streaming down my face. I couldn’t go back in the house… no way am I going inside in my room. If I do I’ll do the stupid decision of peeking through his house… and I don’t want to see him do to Sun Hee the same things he did to me…
  It will be way too painful.

That’s why I took the first step into walking away… I kept on wandering for the next hours. The time already hit twelve and by now I didn’t even know where I was.
  B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter