Part One

Just Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Woo’s POV

‘We’re just friends’ Or at least that’s what we say to people who ask us and  no one would doubt our words, because Sehun and I never had a chance to develop the kind of feelings that make us drunk.
  There are a lot of times where people thought we might have something more betweens us but we always rushed to clean up that beautiful misunderstanding.

“Give me some of that”  Today was one of those days that reminded me that Sehun and I were nothing but friends. 
  Friends who would never turn to something more, but that would also never get separated. We were like this most of the time.

I was over at his house where he lived alone, while mine was just across the street, facing the beautiful park near his house. A park that we would hang out every warm summer night and recall our beautiful memories we had as teenagers.
  By now the Oh Sehun was already working in the bank that his father worked, while I was just a jobless woman, searching for her own freedom while still depending on her parents.

“You have your own pizza in front of you, why would I give you mine?” I pouted at his sentence, holding my tummy with my hands.

“Because I’m hungry, mine is already done. Can’t you help me?” he shook his head turning his back at me.

Even though he has a serious job, he’ll probably never stop being the childish boy who he is. Even if he doesn’t admit it, Sehun is still innocent… in his own unique way.
  His mind is just so pure, that I feel like I’m the worst person alive.  Then again, that’s a fact.

“So what are we going to do this afternoon?” I laid my head on his turned back, listening to the sounds of his calm beating heart.

This back of his has offered me a nice place to hide my tears from all the pain I’ve gone through. I can say with confidence that whenever I’m sad I’m always going to need him, to hide away from my miserable life.

“You still want to hang out with me? Aren’t you bored of seeing me every single day?” he turned around, making me lose the comfort of his warm wide shoulders.

His eyes still had that playful tone on them, and I knew for sure that he was just joking. I clearly can’t get enough of my best friend who’s always here for me… so how can I get bored with his presence?

“Now that you mention it you’re right. I might as well watch some dramas while I’m at it and don’t see you for the next week.” He laughed messing my already sloppy hair.

“Can you actually abandon me for your dramas?” he smiled down at me and I sure couldn’t just deny it, because one thing for sure… I would be lying to myself. Because for Oh Sehun, I would give up everything…

The moment we had of sharing smiles at each other, was ruined by a buzzing sound and that revealed itself to be his phone. I stood back with my whole body leaned against the couch we were sitting.
  He smiled at his phone and by now I knew exactly who it was. I smiled, thinking that the girl he likes was responding to his feelings, but something inside me made me feel… bitter.

It was just another bittersweet feeling I get these days when I feel left out by his life.  Sehun turned his head to look at me with an expression that said sorry and by now I knew I was going to be thrown away once again.

“Ji Woo, I’m sorry but  Sun Hee told me she’s free this afternoon. Yo-” before he could continue his words and before I would let myself get hurt, I cut him off.

“I know Sehun, you don’t see each other that often so I understand” I paused staring at his relieved face but soon continued once he stared back at his phone.
“I’m leaving then. Goodbye Sehun” With that I got up and stared at him, until he noticed my presence.

“You’re leaving already?” he said barely taking his eyes off the screen of his phone.

“Yeah… I realized I have some things to do so I’m leaving now”  he nodded his head waving his hand at me.

Like that, I left his house going outside and to my own house… I stared at the park, relating myself to the trees, the autumn leaves scattered on the ground.  
  I approached the place and sat under the tree. I smiled and took in a deep breath.

“I, Jung Ji Woo, promise that I won’t let myself fall for Oh Sehun” those were the words I told myself over and over… until even my mind could believe it…

//

That night I couldn’t sleep. I just kept staring outside the window of my room, while laying on my bed. I could feel my heart beating fast, as if it was in pain over something… I don’t know what and why but… it definitely feels broken.
  I tried closing my eyes for the nth time, but I opened them once I heard a sound from outside.

It was Sehun, he parked his car right outside from his house and with a bright smile entered his place. I saw the lights getting , but after some minutes they were off again.
  I guess he slept.  I kept staring at his direction, maybe he had decided to look out the window like I do… or just check the lonely nights… yet he didn’t do neither.

The curtains stayed closed for the rest of the night, I too fell asleep late as I just kept repeating the promise I made to myself.

//

“Ji Woo?”  I turned my head at the voice that called me, only to find Sehun behind me… but he wasn’t alone.  Park Sun Hee was tagging along…

The girl Sehun, my best friend has feelings for.

I greeted the both of them, questioning their presence on the park, Sehun and I  hang out. Although I knew the answer already, something inside me wished for another reply. A reply that would make me feel at ease…

“We’re on a date!” Sehun replied with a wide smile on his face.

It’s been long since I last saw him this happy… I guess she does bring him happiness. It would be better to leave then, since I don’t want to ruin this amazing mood for him.
  I got up from the bench I was sitting, ready to leave them be.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving, I have things to do on the house” he raised his eyebrows, probably catching on my lies.

Don’t stare like that… don’t look at me that way Sehun. At least not now.

“Sehun, aren’t you going to introduce us?” I stared at the girl in front of me. That’s right, she doesn’t know me, does she? I’m the only one who is aware of her presence.

“I’m Jung Ji Woo, Sehun’s friend”  she nodded her head as if understanding my words but no… my words have so much more meaning.

Sehun is just my friend. A friend who will remain untouchable in other aspects. Without letting the conversation continue, I left them even forgetting to say goodbye.
  Not that they would need it.

In a matter of minutes I was inside my house and leaned my back against the wall. I took a deep breath and repeated the empty promises. Don’t fall for him, it’s not going to happen. It’s our friendship I’m ruining if I do… I just brushed the ideas off my head and tried to calm myself down.
  Don’t let Sehun find out… never.

The same night, I proved myself right. Sehun knew I was lying so when everyone was asleep he the light to his room and stared at me through his window. Having hoped I would do the same, he texted me to look outside.
  I didn’t do so and decided to not talk about this. Sehun will just think that I fell asleep so that’s why I couldn’t look at him and his oh so sweet messages from the papers he wrote to me…

Little did he know… that I saw everything, secretly and in the dark. Not wanting to reveal my broken self to him.

//

12th February…

Two more days till Valentine’s Day and also my birthday. My parents are away spending their time together and just letting me be on  my own.
  Sehun promised me to keep me company until late at night so I wouldn’t be scared by anything. Another thing I’m grateful for.

“So~ do you have any good movies to watch?” I nodded my head and took out some movies my parents used to watch. I put it on and soon the movie started.

Sehun and I were sitting beside each other. His back was turned at me and my head was on top of it, feeling the warmth once again…
  I don’t think I should keep doing this, once day his girl is going to misunderstand, and that’s the least I want.

Regardless, I just stood there, not moving my head or any sort of thing. And that is because I know for sure that one day, I won't be able to be like this with him and that's something I'm dearly going to miss...

"Ji Woo... I'm hungry. Can we get something to eat, plea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter