Hoping for the latter

Gaze

 

Oh, I forgot. I still don’t know her name yet, I thought to myself.

 

I tapped my foot restlessly on the marble floor.

 

This gives me a reason to hunt for her through the agency, I cheered inwardly.

 

Jonghyun stared at me like I was a madman.

 

“Is something wrong with your head?” He asked bluntly. I shrugged and he continued to stare.

 

“You’ve been grinning and chuckling to yourself the whole day. It’s creeping me out. You’re driving me nuts.” He stated while playing random chords with his favorite, candy-red guitar.

 

“It’s nothing. I’m not crazy so don’t worry about it.” I said taking my guitar and joining him play.

 

After a few minutes, Jungshin and Minhyuk entered the band room with a plastic bag filled with snacks.

 

“I won’t shop with him next time.” Minhyuk huffed as he plopped down the floor. “Jungshin is too naggy.” He said and Jungshin scoffed at him.

 

“What are you saying?” Jungshin asked. “You kept on getting every snack you see. Do you think we’re rich?” He continued.

 

“Calm down you two.” I told them.

 

These two silly kids never fail to amuse me, I mumbled inside my head.

 

“Before I forget, a coordinator asked me to call you,” Jungshin started while opening a mango-flavored snack.

 

“Leader, you are being summoned in the President’s office.” Jonghyun joked in a low tone.

 

The three members laughed hysterically and then looked at me.

 

“Good luck, hyung,” the three of them said before continuing their snack.

 

What does the President want? I thought to myself. I gave the three of them a nod and then stood up.

 

I might as well get things done.

 

---

One thing I’ve learned from entering this agency. You are only summoned for two things.

 

One: You are able to do well or exceeded their expectations therefore the President would want to sing you praises.

 

Two: You did something utterly mediocre and you are about to be eaten by the President, himself.

 

Let’s just hope that it’s not the latter.

 

I softly knocked on the wooden door of the President’s office and I heard his voice commanding me to come in.

 

So I did.

 

My eyes blinked a couple of times. There she was, the trainee that I may be infatuated with, sitting in the office with a scowl on her face.

 

“Please have a seat,” the President offered as she motioned towards the seat opposite to the only female in the room.

 

“Before anything else, I would like to introduce to you Lee Joo Eun. She has been a trainee of FNC for a few months now,” the President started.

 

I nodded and gave a curt towards Joo Eun. Joo Eun, on the other hand, had her arms folded and was looking away. I grinned to myself.

 

What an incredibly stubborn girl?

 

“I summoned you here to ask for a favor,” said the President.

 

“Yes?”was all I could say.

 

“You see, Joo Eun here is still in need of extensive training. Knowing you and Lee Jonghyun, I would like you to help her out with her guitar lessons and add some vocal lessons as well,” the President said.

 

I stared at the President then looked at Joo Eun.

 

“Are you sure that I have the credentials to train her?” I asked with uncertainty with the task given to me.

 

“Of course! You can boss her around if you want to. That can be her payment for your time and patience,” the President said in a light manner.

 

“Well, if it’s okay with you, then I humbly accept this task,” I said while bowing down.

 

“Well then, now that I have said what needs to be said, you two can go now.” He said hurriedly while pushing us both outside his office.

 

I heard her grunt from my side and I scratched the back of my head.

 

“Now I know that your name is Joo Eun,” I said dumbly.

 

She stared at me and then began to laugh.

 

“Is there something wrong with your head?” She asked between breaths, due to her laughter.

 

“Just so you know, I wouldn’t accept random people teaching me how to play the guitar,” she told me.

I raised an eyebrow at her arrogance and smirked.

 

“Don’t be too conceited, little girl. Just because you caught the attention of Jung Yonghwa, doesn’t mean that you are great.” I said proudly and she just scowled at me.

 

“Who are you calling a little girl?” She asked in annoyance.

 

I couldn’t help but grin at her. Oh God. I’m enjoying this way too much.

 

“Alright, alright. You’re not little, just slightly below average.” I told her while putting my arms around her shoulder.

 

“What are you doing?” She asked cautiously.

 

“I’m going to give you one hell of a guitar lesson today, darling.” I teased.

 

All she could do was to let out a groan as she let her self get dragged towards our band room.

 

This is going to be so much fun!