We’ll see about that

Gaze

 

 

She was a new trainee of FNC.

But unlike others, she didn’t know who I was and just plainly ignored my presence. According to her, she didn’t have the time and patience to get to know me – it was a waste of time.

It was only her and her music. She was incredibly stubborn and would always stay in the practice rooms until the guards had to clear the building. She wasn’t sociable as well.

The hell should I care. I mean, I’m Jung Yonghwa after all, I thought to myself.

It was a balmy afternoon when I was walking around FNC, looking for the band room where we should be practicing.

Awkwardly, I was lost in my own agency.

I laughed at myself while opening every single band room that I could see until I stumbled upon the room where she was practicing.

She was curled up in one corner. I slowly walked towards her direction and I could hear a faint sound of snoring.

Is she sleeping? I asked myself.

I crouched down and poked her head. She grunted but didn’t wake up. I chuckled and continued to poke her.

I found it amusing that the feisty girl turned to a vulnerable child when asleep. I heard her grunt again while slowly opening her eyes.

Sensing that another person was in the room, she quickly sat up and looked at me. She blinked her eyes a couple of times until she was able to focus.

I grinned at her and she glared at me.

“What the hell are you doing here?” She asked me in accusation.

“Well, I am an artist from this agency. Why shouldn’t I be here?” I told her and she just stared. I looked at the guitar near her.

“So you play the guitar?” I asked. She just nodded.

“Then can you play me a song?” I asked, still looking at her guitar.

“Why should I?”

“Because I’m your senior,” I stated in a matter-of-factly tone. She hesitantly got her guitar and positioned herself comfortably on the floor.

“I’m not that good so don’t laugh at me, okay?” She said while giving me a firm look. I just shrugged. She took a deep breath and started playing. I recognized the song in a heartbeat. It was Love Light.  It was our song.

Somehow, I couldn’t take my eyes away from hers. It scared me as to how she easily drew me as she sang. It scared me as to how her guitar and voice attracted me so much.

As she neared the end of the song, like a possessed person, my hand slowly reached to her. She seemed alarmed but her gaze at me was still firm and she calmly came to a finish.

“What are you doing?” She asked, her eyes locked with mine.

My hands froze midway. What was I doing?

“Well,” I started. “I’m not too sure.”

She was still looking at me. Her gaze was still unwavering.

“Why did you play Love Light?” I blurted out.

“I like it,” she grumbled.

“Why?” I probed.

“Well, I don’t know. I just do.” She broke our eye contact and looked at anywhere and anything besides me.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. I gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek and she blushed furiously.

“Why did you do that?” She asked, her face burning with the color red.

“Because I like you,” I said.

“Why?” She asked in confusion.

“Well, I don’t know. I just do.” I said.

She stared at me for a few seconds until slowly formed a smirk.

“You still have a long way to go, Jung Yonghwa,” she challenged.

Oh! So she does know me, I thought to myself.

“We’ll see about that.”