Chapter Nine

Arranged Love

Siwon enjoyed having a day with no outside schedules, just a practice at SM with the rest of Super Junior. They were getting ready for their newest Super Show. They’d gone over some of their old routines to refresh their memories and were now taking a break before learning some new choreography for the song “Shirt”.

    “Siwon-ah,” Heechul walked up to Siwon and sat down next to him. “How are things going with you and your wife?”

    “Really well,” Siwon grinned. “In fact, I’ll show you something special.” He reached over and dug around in his gym bag. He pulled out a distinctive blue box. “I want to bring her out on stage at the Super Show and give her the ring while announcing that she’s my wife.”

    Without saying a word, Heechul’s face lit up and he quickly walked away to Leeteuk. The two of them chatted briefly and then came back to a now puzzled Siwon.

    “What you said gave me an admittedly brilliant idea,” Heechul said with a hair flip (even though his hair is currently short).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    

    Haneul flopped onto her bed with a sigh. Shopping with Key and Tao was more exhausting than any workout she’d done at the gym. She felt a buzz and suddenly remembered all of those texts from that unknown number.

    She wriggled around, trying to get her phone out of the back pocket of the new skinny jeans Tao and Key convinced her to get. A few button pushes and there were the texts, fifty in total. She read through them all. Some made her laugh, like the one that read “Fatties should stay hidden!” A few made her angry, “You’ve been dumped because of your physical inadequacies before and it will happen again!” It was quite obvious that the mystery texter was Krystal.

    Haneul was now assured of Siwon's love, the few romantic moments they’ve had confirmed his change of heart, but she was worried about the media storm it would cause if a reporter found out about Krystal’s “love triangle.” Not to mention she couldn’t help but wonder if Krystal knew about what happened in the US or if she was merely making a guess that Haneul had been dumped before. The only thing Haneul could really do though is move the texts to a separate file so that Siwon wouldn’t accidentally see them and get upset.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    “Yes, the director of Entertainment News please,” Krystal said to the operator who answered the phone at the Arirang television station.

    “I’m sorry ma’am but the director generally doesn’t receive calls from unknown people. I’ll need you to state your name and business affiliation before I can patch you through.”

    “That’s ridiculous!” Krystal shrieked. “I have a huge tip for him on the squeaky clean Choi Siwon from Super Junior. Surely that’s all you need to know.”

    “I’m sorry miss but the best I can do is direct your call to an available reporter.”

    “Oh fine. Do that! Quickly!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    “And five, six, seven, eight. One two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight. Now, spin, hair flip ladies! Hyung-deul grab their waists. Leg lift and dip!” Lay clapped his hands. “Very good. You’re all doing great! Let’s take a fifteen minute break.”

    Siwon hurried over to his bag and pulled out two water bottles. He then rushed back and handed it to Haneul. “Here you go, jagiya.”

    “Thank you, oppa,” Haneul replied. “How am I doing? I've never danced with a partner or in front of people before.”

    “You’re amazing noona,” Kyuhyun said, stealing Siwon’s water bottle from his hands. “Are you sure you haven’t taken years of dance classes?”

    “She’s been taking lessons with the idols at the gym,” Heechul said, grabbing the water bottle from Kyuhyun. “How often Haneul?”

    “Every weekday for about two months,” Haneul replied.

    “That’s how we knew she’d be perfect for this,” Eunhyuk grabbed the water bottle and drained it.

    “Alright everyone,” Lay yelled, clapping his hands. “Let’s get started.”

    Eunhyuk handed the empty bottle back to Siwon and found his partner and their starting spot on the floor.

    “Drink some of mine,” Haneul traded her half empty water bottle for his empty one which she threw away while he emptied her bottle and tossed it away. They grabbed hands and moved to their starting spot. They found the starting position, facing each other, his hands on her hips and her’s on the top button of his collared shirt.