It still hurts

Mr. Who?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie,”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Can you tell me... just what the heck is happening back there?”

 

Nayeon sighed, Jihyo sighed too. She doesn't understand why they all acted like that. But she clearly knows why, she just needs the older's words to prove it.

 

“I...I don't know.”

 

“Don't tell me you still love him?” Jihyo asked.

 

“...”

 

“Unnie?”

 

“I-I…” The uncertainness on Nayeon’s voice made Jihyo raise her voice a little, she knows something is still there.

 

“You still do!? How about Jinyoung?” Jihyo sat beside the girl who is looking like a zombie, lying on her bed.

 

“I don't know. I have no idea. My mind is a mess.”

 

“You know this is gonna affect our performance, right?”

 

“I know that Jihyo, I just... Can we just not talk about this? I'm also tired.” Nayeon shifted her position and turned to face the wall. She used the pillow to cover her head, indicating she doesn't want to talk already.

 

“Alright but unnie you have to think about this carefully, I don't want you to be hurting again.” Jihyo stood up, closed the lights, and went to her bed. She is also feeling guilty for not helping Nayeon earlier and just watched her, she feels guilty all of a sudden.

 

All of them were already asleep, except for Nayeon who was clearly not in the mood to sleep. She spent hours trying to do so, closing her eyes but to no avail, sleep does not want to meet her. She tried calling Jinyoung, in the hopes of her to not be bored at this hour. After many calls, he didn't answer.

 

“He's probably asleep. Who am I kidding? Who is gonna be awake at this hour?” Nayeon stood up, giving up on sleeping and went towards the window. She watched the night view of Tokyo, looking at the lights that occupied the whole city. She stared at it and thought about the act she’s doing earlier.

 

“I shouldn't act like that. I have no right, what the hell, because of me we're going to go down. I should act professionally. I should not let that idiot affect me...” She mumbles but then she started to sob. She wiped away her tears hastily, getting angry at herself for crying at the guy again.

 

“Come on Nayeon, I thought you're over this?”

 

~~~~

 

“Mina.” Sanjiro entered his office, seeing the guy downing a shot. He joined him on the drink and sat across him.

 

“What are you doing here at this hour? It's nearly one in the morning.”

 

“I can't sleep. I need to finish the project. I need to clear my mind. I need to forget about things.” Minato said, drinking another shot.

 

“Alcohol doesn't affect you, you know that. It's like water for you. You can't be drunk from that.”

 

“Tsch, I know, at least it clears my mind off.” Minato scoffed, shaking the glass he’s holding.

 

The two remained silent after that, taking turns drinking until Sanjiro decided to pop the question. He knows Minato is avoiding it but nothing would happen if he would just avoid the topic.

 

“Just what happened earlier?” Minato remained silent and didn’t answer for a while. Then he sighed, “I don't know.” He simply answered and averted his gaze at the glass he's holding.

 

“You don't know? Minato you don't know? Are you being serious?” Sanjiro crossed his arms, his tone rising every question, annoyed at the unusual actions of the guy in front of him. Minato, of course, notice this and he just met the guy again and he's already scolding him.

 

“Sanji, I don't know.” Minato hisses, trying to control his anger.

 

“You know you shouldn't mix personal and business life-“

 

“But who did it first?” Minato growled, gripping the glass he’s holding.

 

“What? So you're telling me that I'm the one who’s at fault?” Sanjiro pointed to himself, annoyed at the man in front of him they just see each other for a long time and this is what he’ll get? Minato rolled his eyes,

 

“Clearly yes, you are. Who suggested them first?”

 

“What? I chose the one that will be good for the project and you're telling me I'm at fault? It's clearly you who still can't get over for that silly act that you did. It’s been what 5 or 6 months?!”

 

“Silly act? I've told you too many times already that I wanted to forget it. I wanted to forget her, and then you came in suggesting them out of nowhere when you know what happened before.” Minato put the glass down, trying not to break it any moment now.

 

“But you said you were fine! You said it was al-“

 

“It’s not fine! I’m not fine! I don’t know anymore, I thought too that I’m fine but the moment I saw her again I was wrong. It’s not my fault that I’m still in love with her…” He mumbled the last sentence and Sanjiro was shocked at this sudden confession.

 

“I don’t know what is happening to me. When she said I love you to Jinyoung? And she has the guts to say it in front of me as if she’s really taunting me. After not giving me a chance to explain everything, here she goes giving that guy a chance… I know it’s my fault and I know I should forget that now but I can’t. I wanted to hate her but I can’t because I’m still in love with her…” His words were slowly fading and he doesn’t want to continue anymore. He took a deep breath and calmed himself. He doesn’t want to get angry at Sanjiro but he just couldn’t hold it.

 

“It still hurts. And I can’t pretend that everything is fine.” Minato hated drama, he hated it of course because it always happens in their household between her mother and father, he hated it to the point where he thought love, and marriage was a bad thing. But it all changed when he met someone who in the end would also leave him behind.

 

He looked at Sanjiro and he felt guilty, he doesn’t want to argue with him, not ever, not when he is his brother, he’s the only one who has been on his side and he doesn’t want to fight him. So he let his pride down and was the first one to say sorry.

 

“Sanji, I’m sorry I didn’t want this to happen, I…” He was cut off when he felt the other guy hug him. Sanjiro never gave him this kind of skinship, he doesn’t even want to touch Minato.

 

“It’s my fault I haven’t been on your side when that happened and all I did was pressure you. I also forgot that you’re my little brother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter