a little courage is the first step

Be Careful What You Pray For

 

Hankyung was still waving at Siwon even though he was already far, and not looking back at him.

“So sweet of him.” mumbled Victoria, leaning her head against the wall and surprised Hankyung. “Now you’ve got your wish, give me my body back.”

“Didn’t you hear the Temple Spirit? We can’t go back until the next full moon.”

“Gah! I can’t wait two weeks to get my body back!” exasperated Victoria and retreated back to the house.

 

Why is she in such a hurry to get back to her body? Does this kind of thing happen between them every day?Hankyung’s troubled mind thought as he puffed his cheeks. He should be happy but since Siwon had escorted him, as Victoria, home he began to doubt Siwon and Victoria’s relationship.

 

But the unsettling feeling wavers each time he sees the smile from Siwon’s face, hear Siwon’s voice and be by Siwon’s side for the succeeding days.

 

“Hmm? What are you looking at?” he asked Siwon and followed Siwon’s gaze as Siwon bobbed his head towards their front. It was Victoria and the Temple Spirit that disguises himself as a human. “Hankyung surely changed drastically over the past week.” Siwon said, tilting his head.

“Yeah~ he has finally seen the light of my teachings.” Hankyung said, now very confident in imitating Victoria’s mannerisms.

 

He didn’t have any choice but to let Victoria re-do him, if he ever wants Siwon to look at him, his body like how he looks at Victoria. Would I be this close to you once I go back to my body? Hankyung thought.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Victoria was having an enthusiastic talk with the Temple Spirit whose name they just learned that morning, when Siwon approached them or at least walked by to greet them.

 

“That was weird of him.” Victoria said, her head askew. “Is this the reason why you switch our bodies instead of making Hannie’s body feminine, Kibum?”

“Well, you may not be brainy-smart but you sure pick up on things easily.” Kibum said with a grin.

“I’ll take that as a compliment. I knew Siwon was odd.”

Kibum stood up and cleared the leaf blades off him. “It’s a little early but I’ve regained the power I need to turn you guys back… so can you help me finish things up when that happens?”

A smile as sneaky as Kibum spread across Victoria’s face, “As long as it makes the stalker Hannie disappear.” And they shook hands on it.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Victoria energetically greeted all of her classmates, and was almost skipping, flipping her hair whenever she could.

It’s so good to be in this body again. She thought. She stopped when she saw Siwon and hugged him as hard as she could. “Siwonniiiiiieeeeee!” she said.

 

Hankyung did not understand what to feel. He was glad he was finally back in his body, although he liked being a girl, he has a girl’s heart anyway but he felt oddly strangled and unsatisfied. If only Siwon knew it was him and not Victoria then that would be another story.

 

No. I’ll make my move, I already know what Siwon likes and hobbies I could start a conversation with him! Noona’s right, there’s no point with this physical transformation if I don’t gain confidence in myself! OK! Fighting!

 

Just when he thought that he has finally got his momentum he has to see his sister and Siwon hugging. The sight of them sickened him.

“Okay, so you’ve decided to change yourself, doesn’t mean you have to become a delinquent.” Kibum said out of the blue, putting a firm grip on Hankyung’s wrist and pulled him inside the campus. He was so embarrassed and hurt to see the sweet scene that he never cast his eyes from the ground and didn’t realize a pair of eyes following him.

 

Hankyung had been feigning illness and lazed in the infirmary, too depressed to move. Kibum was sitting at the bed beside him. Irritated, Kibum stood up and threw a punch at Hankyung which the other easily blocked. Hankyung sprung up and retorted at Kibum.

 

“What the heck was that about? Can’t you see I’m grieving for my loss?”

“See you’re no sissy. I thought martial arts teach you self-esteem, courage and all those crap and even with my divine interventions you’re still insecure of yourself.” Kibum said, despite the sarcasm he was being gentle.

“What interventions are you talking about? You just switched noona’s body with mine and I just realize how compatible they are because of that, what wish fulfillment happened there?”

Kibum’s fists tightened at his sides as he moved closer to Hankyung.

“So the brainy ones aren’t always the smart ones I guess.”

“Ki-ki-kibum… what are y-you doing?”

Hankyung was getting nervous with Kibum looming over him, this was certainly a sudden turn of events!

 

The door opened. “Ah~ sorry.”

“Siwon?!” Hankyung gasped. Kibum stood straight acting like nothing anyone could misinterpret happened.

“If you’re looking for the nurse, she isn’t here. Do you mind treating yourself while we go back to our business?”

“Kibum?!”

“No. It’s… okay.”

Hankyung thought his world just shattered. Just as I thought, he only seemed to care for me because he was trying to get some good points on Victoria! That’s so low of him. He was at the verge of crying as Kibum continued to what they were doing.

 

The two of you are really quite a pair. Hankyung opened his eyes when he heard Kibum’s voice in his head. He was slowly fading from his eyes and he could see pass Kibum’s transparent body the curtains shoved to the side and Siwon grabbing for his wrist. He could see the shock in Siwon’s face but that did not stop him from smashing Hankyung’s lips against his.

“I change my mind.” Siwon said gruffly after separating from the kiss. “Actually I do. Hankyung, I’ve liked you for quite some time now. I know I’m weird, I’m a guy after all but I can’t stand it anymore! How come you changed your look suddenly? I was so nervous and worried that people would actually realize how good looking you really are and I’ll have myself competitors.”

 

Today is the end of our contract, see, if you only just listened to your sister you could’ve done it without my help. Since you’ve got your wish stop bothering me every morning! And that was the last time Hankyung has seen or heard of the Temple Spirit.

 

“But I thought you like noona.”

“Huh? Is that what she told you?”

“No. But you two seem very close. You even walked her home once. Everyone watching you, could mistaken you as a couple.” Of course he couldn’t tell Siwon what actually happened, he wouldn’t believe him anyway. Siwon cupped his face in his hands. “Isn’t getting on the good side of the family of the person you like one way to hasten the process of being a couple and get their approval?”

Hankyung blushed.

“Siwon… which Hankyung do you like better, the nerd or the Hankyung now?”

“It doesn’t matter as long as I know that all Hankyungs belong to me only.”

 

*~*~*~*~*

It was already dismissal, Hankyung and Siwon made their first temple visit together and prayed.

“Noona, what are you doing here? Asking for a boyfriend?”

Victoria whacked Hankyung in the head, it’s only her attacks that Hankyung could never block.

“I can do well on my love life unlike someone I know. I’m just thanking the gods and spirits for finally ending your creepy stalker self.” Then she quickly returns to a praying position as she remembers something.

 

“Ewww~ have some respect! Just because I’m okay with it doesn’t mean I wanna see it?!” Victoria yelps, hitting both Siwon and Hankyung that would surely leave a mark for days. “Argh! Bad mental image!”

Siwon and Hankyung laughed watching Victoria stormed out, hands clasped together, walking side by side without a care for the world. They felt so stupid wasting a lot of time wondering and day dreaming the reality they have now that they decided to make the best of every minute to make up for it.

 

“Humans are so fickle.” Kibum muttered. He was lying on his side, with one arm propped to elevate his head, facing them but invisible.

 

THE END