the switch

Be Careful What You Pray For

 

He turned around, feeling a sort of chill blowing against his nape and had an odd feeling that someone was watching behind him when his eyes saw there wasn’t anyone. And with that he goes on walking.

 

*~*~*~*~*

“You do know how creepy you are, being a stalker and all.” Victoria mocked, eyeing her brother, who was hiding and ducking behind a garbage dump and getting annoyed at how pathetic he looked, kicked him against the wall. “For God’s sake, talk to him already, stalking won’t get you anywhere! And what’s with the get up? Didn’t I tell you how to dress yourself?” she was fuming.

 

Hankyung stands up to his full height awkwardly and straightened his dark, thick framed glasses, tucking his shirt in his pants, strictly following to the dress code. “Sorry noona. But I just get so scared and this is just enough for me.”

“Hannie, you being gay is one thing. That I accept, I have another younger brother anyway but being a total nerd is another! I get so irritated watching you!” and Victoria hits him again just to let out some steam.

 

*~*~*~*~*

It has become his habit, to go to the temple and pray since his constant praying to the gods and spirits work. Getting the person he likes is just another story still he continues to pray religiously.

 

Please let Siwon and I be a couple or at least help me be close to Siwon.

 

*~*~*~*~*

He was awaken by an ear-popping shriek and just as he sprung up someone threw themselves to him. He heard Victoria wailing and panicking but something was different.

 

Eh? Wait! That’s my voice?! Hankyung said to himself the minute he was fully awake. He allowed his hands to explore the back. This is my broad back?! And with all his strength he pushed Victoria at arm’s length.

 

“THAT’S MY EFFIN’ BODY?!” he yelled. Now he was also panicking. “Give me my hot body back!”

“DID YOU THINK I DON’T WANT MY HOTTER BODY?!”

Victoria hit him on the head and regretted it after realizing she was hitting her body.

 

“Ah~ so noisy early in the morning.” An unknown voice interrupted them in their panic. They turned their attention to him. He wore an elegant hanbok in shades of sapphire and emerald a very stunning and contrasting color against his creamy-white skin, with slightly messy jet black hair.

 

“How did you like your birthday gift, Hankyung?” the stranger said with a confident smile.

“You’re the reason for this weirdness?!” Victoria growled, keeping her… his hands restrained and away from her… his body.

“I don’t know what he’s talking about.” Hankyung wailed, looking for some area to hide from his sister.

The handsome stranger sat himself comfortably on Hankyung’s bed and bluntly explained everything.

 

“NO WAY AM I GOING TO SCHOOL IN THIS NERD’S BODY?! GIVE ME BACK MY BODY YOU SPIRIT WHATEVER?!!”

“Sorry, but I don’t have enough power for another wish and especially a demand. You’ll just have to wait for the next full moon, until then enjoy.” And he disappeared with a snap of his fingers, with his Cheshire smile fading the last.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Someone called Victoria. Victoria nudged Hankyung and telling him via eye contact and body gestures and slight mouth movement that he was Victoria. Hankyung jumped and instantly turned to the person who called him.

“Sorry… Hannie and I were just talking.” He said meekly, he found it strange referring to himself as the third person. Eunhyuk was shocked to see Victoria in glasses and was even more shocked when he saw Hankyung wearing glasses in fashion. His nerdness decreased 40%.

 

“Did you two… change personalities or something?” Eunhyuk said.

 

You have no idea how right you are. Victoria thought bluntly.

Temple Spirit I take my wish back?! Hankyung wailed inwardly.

 

Victoria nudged Hankyung by the ribs harder. “Huh?! Don’t be silly Hyukkie.” Hankyung said, mimicking Victoria’s confident voice. “I’m just… trying out how to look… smart…”

“And I just listened to noona’s advise for the first time in years.”

“Oh, okay. Anyway, let’s hurry we still have to finish that project.” And Eunhyuk takes Hankyung by the arm and dragged him inside the school.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Victoria has just finished texting Hankyung, encouraging him and demanding he wish her luck too, especially dealing with nature’s call. She waited until the last person has finally left before she snuck out from one of the cubicles. She stared at the urinal, she had some knowledge about it, she has two younger brothers after all and thankful about it. Victoria never knew that the day would come that she’ll use that knowledge first hand, she could’ve cried from joy.

 

God, I really have to get back to my body! What was I? A toddler, feeling so happy after successfully peeing once?

Oooff!

 

She hits her head against something hard but it was no wall. Siwon?! She was about to greet him when she realized that she was not her normal self and just bowed down, concealing her face from him.

“Excuse me.” She mumbled. She clutched her hand to her chest, it was beating pretty fast which rather surprised her. 

 

Hmmm… so this is still Hannie’s body even if we swapped. Well, then I’m gonna do this body some justice before this palpitations kill me. Victoria thought and a smirk spread across her face.

 

On the other hand, it practically took all of Hankyung’s strength to be as cheery as Victoria as possible, although he doesn’t have any problem with being feminine and answering in classes. He thought he was going to survive the day with no other problems until…

 

“Victoria, don’t forget we still have the group project to finish.” Siwon said.

“Ye –” Hankyung said and stopped midway, staring at Siwon. He forgot, he and Victoria were classmates.

“Anything wrong?”

Hankyung shook his head. “No. I’ll catch up with you guys.”

“Well, better hurry. Hyeoyeon said she’ll bring some pizza. You don’t want Eunhyuk and Onew to eat it all.”

Hankyung bobbed his head.

“You’re acting weird today.” Siwon chuckled.

 

*~*~*~*~*

Hankyung thought he was in heaven, he was able to be with Siwon, talk with Siwon, eat with Siwon and now walk home with Siwon, even though he was in his sister’s body he still enjoyed it.

 

“Victoria?”

“Huh?” Siwon smiled a toothy grin and Hankyung thought he’d melt from that disarming smile but carefully stopped himself; he was Victoria until the next full moon. “Sorry. I was thinking of other things.”

“I was saying, that today is your brother’s birthday right? Shouldn’t you be there?”

“Ah~ don’t worry he’ll live without me.” Waah! He knows my birthday!

“Maybe, but you should still hurry back, it’s getting dark and it’s dangerous for a girl like you to be out this late.”

“It’s just seven.”

“Still… anyway, I’ll accompany you home today.”

“Eh? Why?”

“I have something I need to get near your area.”

 

Hankyung thought he was the most thoughtful gentleman he has ever laid his eyes on. But why do I feel unhappy and jealous of noona? Is he always this kind to her?

 


 

t'was a long one-shot so halved into two :)