fin

First Snow

Yulhee put her phone on the table to get ready to meet Wonwoo, his boyfriend. It had been a long time they had not et each other due to Wonwoo's hectic job. So, Yulhee did not waste the golden chance his boyfriend had given her. She would dress up prettily for him.

"Hey, Yul! I'm home with Mingyu." There was a girl's voice coming at the same time with the sounds of door creaking opened and closed with footsteps followed outside Yulhee's shared room. It was Solbin's voice, her roommate and long time best friend.

Yulhee walked out of her room after checking out her appearance. Then she met the lovely couple in the living room. "Oh, I'm so bored to see that face of your boyfriend, Sol." Yulhee faked an annoyed tone and face of her as she looked at Mingyu, Solbin's boyfriend.

"Why??" Mingyu whined with his kicked-puppy look. "I'm handsome!"

Yulhee rolled her eyes in a fake annoyance. She liked teasing Mingyu. "See? I wonder why you can date him."

Solbin, who left Mingyu for two cups of tea, laughed to hear the conversation in the kitchen. "My Gyu is a good boy, Yul," she said. "And that's why I date him." Then she gave a cup of tea to Mingyu and automatically cuddled with him as she drank her tea.

"It sounds like you’re talking about your puppy," Yulhee said, secretly awing at the sight in front of her. The couple did really like to cuddle witch each other and it looked so domestic that made her a bit jealous towards them.

Solbin took another sip before she nodded in response and said, "I do."

"Hey!" protested Mingyu with a pout on his face.

Solbin laughed again then she hugged Mingyu by his waist to apologize after she put her cup on the table. "By the way, you're gonna go out, Yul?" she asked Yulhee after she found out that her roommates lookee slightly difference with her appearance.

Yulhee nodded. "Yeah. I'm gonna meet Wonwoo oppa at park," she answered with a wide happy smile.

"Are you two crazy?" Mingyu's voice sounded so surprised after he heard the answer. "It's snowing outside, and cold."

“We know and that's why we wanna meet," Yulhee answered. "We're gonna celebrate this first snow together."

"You guys are so weird. Why don't you meet here? It's warmer."

"Let them do whatever they like, Gyu," Solbin butted in. "Are you their parents or something?"

"I just don't want them to get sick," Mingyu said and it made Solbin awe.

Yulhee knew that Mingyu was being honest, like he always did, and it made her touched. "Thank you for your concern, but we can handle it," she said. "I'll wear warm clothes and make sure that Wonwoo oppa would do the same." Then she took her clutch and her thick coat from the hanger as she wore the gloves and boots at the doorway of their appartment. "Now, I'm off! And please, don't do something inappropriate when I'm not around," she warned at the couple in a serious manner.

Solbin nodded as she gave a thumb up at Yulhee and said, "We won't."

"Look who's the parent now!" said Mingyu and it made hin get a pinch on his waist by Solbin.

 

***

 

to: Wonwoo oppa ❤

I'm at park already :)

where are you?

 

Yulhee sighed heavily as her eyes wandered around the park. She had been there for twenty minutes and Wonwoo was ten minutes late. It was not his habit because he was the one who was always on time and it made Yulhee a bit worried of him because of this unusual habit of her boyfriend.

The girl then put her eyes on her phone. No reply yet from Wonwoo so she decided to give him a call. She waited for the call being answered but it never happened. Yulhee frowned at her phone in confusion. Wonwoo always picked up a call from her. It was weird of course. Why all of a sudden he acts like this? She wondered then she typed a message for her boyfriend again.

 

to: Wonwoo oppa ❤

you've finished your job, right?

oppa, where are you?

 

Yulhee was waiting, waiting and waiting but there was no reply yet again. She pouted at her phone then she typed another message and sent it to Wonwoo.

 

to: Wonwoo oppa ❤

it's getting cold… ㅠㅠ

why didn't you pick up my call? :'(

where are you, oppa? ㅠㅠ

 

It was so cold that Yulhee put a pair of earmuffs on and rubbed her glove-covered hands onto her upper arms to get some warms. Mingyu was right! I shouldn't be here and have a meeting with Wonwoo oppa at home instead… she thought sadly.

"Yulhee?" A familiar voice came not to far from Yulhee's place.

Yulhee automatically turned her face to the owner of the voice and she beamed and waved her hand at the person happily. "Haein unnie!"

Haein, who just went back from groceries, rushed to Yulhee and then sat next to her. "What are you doing here?" she asked. "It's snowing."

"I know, but I’m gonna meet Wonwoo oppa here," Yulhee answered with a smile on her face. She knew that Haein was worried about her and she did not want her friend to feel like that.

"Where is he?" asked Haein again after she found no Wonwoo around.

Yulhee, who was bad at hidding her true feeling, sighed heavily as she shrugged weakly. "I don't know…" she answered in a low tone. "He said he would leave his office and go straight to get here. He should've been here fifteen minutes ago…"

"Fifteen minutes?!" cut Haein in shock as she widened her big eyes. She just could not believe what she had heard. "You've been waiting for him for fifteen minutes?!" she repeated to make sure that she did not mishear Yulhee's words.

Yulhee shook her head and answered, "No." Haein was almost about to sigh in relief before her friend continued her answer. "It's been twenty five minutes…"

"What?!" Haein could not help not to exclaim in surprised. "Yul, are you crazy? You're gonna catch cold!"

"I won't," answered Yulhee calmly. "I'm wearing warm clothes, see?" she said as she pointed at her earmuffs, thick scarf and coat and she did not forget to show of her gloves and boots.

"But I'm still worried…" Haein paused for a while as she looked at Yulhee with concern. "You better go home and tell him to meet you there."

"No, I can't," Yulhee replied. "I've agreed about our plan and I don't want to break it."

"But, Yul…"

Yulhee grabbed Haein's hand to stop her talking. She was touched by her friend's words, but she did not want to accept it even if she wanted. "It's okay, unnie. I'm okay," she said with a reasurring smile.

Haein was silent for a while then let out a long sigh. "Fine! But I'm gonna stay with you then until your boyfriend's here."

"Ah, you don't have to…"

"It's okay," cut Haein as she put her free hand on top of Yulhee's which was still on her other hand. "I don't want to see my friend being alone in this snowy night." She smiled genuinely that made Yulhee smiled as well. Then she let go of her hands to take something out of her grocery bag. "Here, take this!" Haein gave a hot pack to Yulhee.

"Thank you, unnie. You're the best!" said Yulhee after she accepted the hot pack then hugged Haein tightly.

 

***

 

Wonwoo rushed to the park once he got off the bus. He felt bad to come late and he worried about Yulhee. She must be as cold as ice now! he thought with fear. As he ran into the park, his eyes wandered around to find his girlfriend's figure. Fortunately, he should not have to run around the park. He finally saw Yulhee sitting on a bench with someone. "Yul!" He shouted at the girl then he ran towards her with all of his remained power.

Yulhee turned her face to the voice and she beamed at him. "Wonwoo oppa!" She shouted back at Wonwoo happily.

"Yah! Where have you been?!" Haein welcomed the panting Wonwoo with a scold and light punch on his chest. She was mad of course, but she was not mad enough to beat him hard or Yulhee would be very sad. "How could you make my baby wait for you??"

Wonwoo looked at Yulhee then Haein in apology. "I got some serious problems on my way here. I'm so sorry…" he said. "But what are you doing here, nuna?"

"I gave her company so she wouldn't be alone waiting for you," Haein replied.

Wonwoo widened his eyes in surprise. "Really? Oh, I'm so sorry, nuna…" he said with guilty and he bowed at Haein both in thankfulness and sorry.

"Don't be sorry to me but Yul," said Haein casually. "Now you're here, I'm gonna leave you guys."

"Thank you for the company, unnie!" said Yulhee as she hugged Haein again.

"You're welcome!" Haein smiled to Yulhee then she turned her face to Wonwoo with a serious look. "Treat her well, will you?"

Wonwoo saluted at Haein and nodded. "I will." Then Haein left the couple and Wonwoo started to check his girlfriend's condition. "Oh, you look so pale," he commented then he brought his hand to Yulhee's cheek. "And cold. Since when you've been here?"

"An hour or so?"

Wonwoo's heart shattered as he heard the answer. "Oh, Yul… you should've called me…"

"I have," cut Yulhee as she pouted at Wonwoo. "But you didn't pick it up."

"Really? I'm so sorry, Yul…" Wonwoo just remembered he turned the silent mode on and he had not had checked his phone since he left his office.

"Hug me," asked Yulhee.

And Wonwoo did not think twice to hug Yulhee. "Feel much better?"

Yulhee nodded. "Yeah," she murmured. "Now, what are we gonna do?"

"We're gonna have dinner at Yujeong nuna's restaurant."

Yulhee slightly pulled away from Wonwoo to look at him with a genuine happiness. She liked Yujeong's restaurant. "Woah, that's good!" she beamed. "Come on!" Then she grabbed Wonwoo's hand and led him to their next destination.

 

***

 

"This is your order!" Yujeong unnie took their orders on the table. She was happy to see Wonwoo and Yulhee coming to her restaurant that she made a special service to the couple only. "I hope you'd like the pasta. We have a new sauce for it and just launched it today," she said with a happy smile.

"Thank you, unnie! Woah, it looks so tasty!" Yulhee gave a compliment as she tried hard not to drool over the food.

"We'll eat them very well, nuna!" said Wonwoo as he smiled at Yujeong sweetly.

"Aw, look at you! You're growing up so handsome yet skinny," said Yujeong with concern look at Wonwoo. "I've put extra meat in your soup so you can gain some weight!"

"Thank you, nuna!"

Yulhee pouted at the conversation. "You do care so much for Wonwoo oppa, unnie. I'm jelly!" she whined at Yujeong.

Yujeong chuckled in response. "It's because he's skinny. As his girlfriend, you have to feed him a lot."

Yulhee nodded sheepishly and said, "Alright," weakly.

Then Yujeong left the couple to devour the dinner. They looked so happy having dinner together while talking about their life.

"It's still snowing out there," said Wonwoo after they finished eating his food. He looked out of the window to see the snow in adoration.

Yulhee followed Wonwoo's eyes and then smiled as she looked at the falling snow. "Yeah. Beautiful," she agreed. "But it's cold."

Wonwoo chuckled then turned his face to Yulhee. He got something to tell her and it was important. "By the way, Yul, do you remember what day is it today?" he asked, making a prologue.

Yulhee frowned at the question then answered, "It's Wednesday, duh! Do you forget about that?"

Wonwoo hurriedly shook his head. "That's not what I meant." To tell the truth, he was a bit surprised to hear the answer. He did not expect her to forget the day. "I know it's Wednesday, but today we really have something important to celebrate."

Yulhee was silent as she looked at Wonwoo with suspicious. "Hmm? So, you've expected it'd be snowing today?"

"Huh?" Wonwoo could not help but stared at Yulhee blankly.

"Don't you want us to celebrate the first snow?"

"Ah…" Finally, Wonwoo could register what Yulhee meant. "Yeah, but it doesn't have anything to do with this day. The snow just comes coincidently at the perfect time."

Yulhee went silent again. "I think I've forgot something," she said and Wonwoo nodded in response. "Tell me~ I'm bad at guessing."

Wonwoo chuckled to see Yulhee's whining face. He could not for more even if he wanted because he could not hold the answer any longer anyway. "It's our 2nd anniversary."

"Oh, really?!" Yulhee's eyes widened in surprised. She then checked her phone to see the date of the day. "Ah, yes!! How could I forget such an important day?! I'm so sorry…" she rubbed her hands as she looked at Wonwoo in apology.

Wonwoo reached the top of Yulhee's hair to ruffle it lovingly as he smiled at her. "It's okay," he said after he put his hand back on the table. "In this moment, I'd like to know whether you still love me or not…"

"Eyy… what's that?" cut Yulhee. "Of course, I still love you. If I didn't, I wouldn't be here.” Then she slightly looked uneasy as she looked at Wonwoo and asked him. “But… do you still love me too?"

Wonwoo did not answer it directly but smiled widely instead. Seconds later, he nodded steadily in response. "I do. And that's why I want us to get a step ahead on our future after I've figured out your feeling.” Then he took a mini red velvet box out of his coat pocket. He opened it in front of Yulhee and the two rings in it made his girlfriend gasp in surprise and happiness. “My lovely sunshine girl, Kim Yulhee… will you marry me?"

 

***

 

("So, that's why you came late. You should have told me that you were busy choosing a ring."

"It won't be a surprise. So… you like the ring?"

"Yes! But I like the person who's given this to me more."

"You're so cheesy!"

"Who's taught me?")

 

***

 

A/N: I made this story for my lovely friend rion_01 who wants Yulhee x Wonwoo story and @kidsimple14 who gave me a nice prompt about Yulhee and winter romance hehe. This is so cheesy isn't it? lol xD I hope you enjoyed this crack ship's story! feel free to comment~~ don't forget to support laboum and seventeen. Thank youuuu