I'm Alright

Distance

You raced down the hall as fast as you could, and stopped at the monkey bars where you and Minwoo always hung out, thinking no one could see you crying because it was such a secluded area. You wailed loudly, releasing all your emotions, detesting yourself for your height.

"Nayoung-ah..." A voice calmly approached from behind. Could it be... Minwoo? Trying your best to fight back your tears, you turn around, expectant to see Minwoo.

"Kwangmin...?" You said with a hint of disappointment at the fact that it wasn't Minwoo who went after you.

"Why? Are you upset that I'm the one here?" Kwangmin said dejectedly. "I hope you're feeling alright! Why don't we get ice cream later on after school? ^o^" Kwangmin was being bubbly and hyperactive as he always was, and that charming smile of his made you feel so much better. Maybe you should really just forget that midget Minwoo and like someone more normal, someone taller than you, you thought.

"Aniya, Kwangmin! I'm glad you came after me~ Okay! Let's get ice cream after school ^o^," you said hopefully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lessons for the rest of the day was boring, and Minwoo seemed to be avoiding your gaze. You were irritated at how he was the one at fault yet he seemed so nonchalant about it. Out of anger, you decided to ignore him too and hang out with Kwangmin.

"Kwangmin-oppa! You promised me an ice cream date just now~ Why don't we go to Baskin Robbins? I heard they have a new flavour for Valentine's Day!!  ♡" you said in a flirty tone. Kwangmin was taken aback at your sudden surge of eagerness, but was nevertheless glad that you seemed excited about the ice cream date. From the corner of your eyes, you could see Minwoo staring at you and Kwangmin with eyes that seemed sad. Ha, you've got his attention! "That'll show him my popularity", you thought. Kwangmin packed his books, and fondly smiled at you, walking close to you out of the school gates. Minwoo's gaze never lifted off the both of you, as he slowly trailed behind with his friends.