Giraffe!?

Distance

"Nayoung-ah~", your bestfriend, No Minwoo, cooed at you, showing off his vast aegyo skills. You rolled your eyes, still angry at how Minwoo backed out suddenly from a study date with you.

"I'm sorry, Nayoung!! I really had something important going on~ mianhe, my friend!!", Minwoo continued sticking out his tongue playfully. Actually, inside your heart, you were melting with the overwhelming cuteness of your best friend. A smile broke onto your face, and Minwoo gave his signature eyesmile upon seeing your beautiful smile.

"That's right, smile more, my friend ^o^!!" Minwoo teased.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a free period during class, as Mrs Jung, the homeroom teacher, called in absent today.

"Nayoung-ah! Wanna play truth or dare with the rest of the guys?" Minwoo asked you, and you nodded, linking your arms with Minwoo, walking to the other side of the classroom. Whenever you both linked arms, although knowing it may mean nothing to Minwoo, you felt great. Simply blissful.

"Ah! Here the 'mismatched husband and wife' comes!!", Jung-in, your classmate teased. Minwoo suddenly tensed up when Jung-in called you both a "couple".

"A..a..aniya! We aren't together! We're just really good friends for life huh, Nayoung?" Minwoo tried to hide his tensed up expression, as cutely looked up and said.

"Ah.. Ah.. Yeah!! Obviously we won't be together! He's so SHORT!", you yelled out of impulse. Even though you already knew Minwoo didn't have the same feelings for you the way you have for him, unknowingly, your heart aches as it shatters when you heard it yourself from Minwoo, that you both can only be "really good friends for life".

"Exactly!! Why will I fall for a giraffe!?", Minwoo jokingly said. He was just playing around with you like he normally does.. But why? Why does your heart hurt so immensely with every statement Minwoo says? You nodded hesitatingly, unaware of the tears welling up in your eyes. You fake a smile, but Minwoo sees it all. Staring at you intensely, Minwoo suddenly becomes tensed again.

"Nayoung-ah... Are you okay? Are you crying cause of.. ah I'm sorry Nayoung!!", Minwoo apologetically looked at you. You refuse to look up, keeping your head down, as you rush for the classroom door, eager to get out of this very classroom that made you fall in love with Minwoo, just to get rejected by him.