The Third Cup

Special Him [DISCONTINUED]
 
"He was really weird and creepy!" I was speaking to Nara on the phone and she wasn't really helping much. She kept on asking me what type of person Kyungsoo was the moment I said I had a 'guy problem'. Nara is a best friend of mine who is from Australia. We had to seperate from each other 3 years ago and that was the worst day ever. Hugging each other and crying together at the airport, we looked like a mess then, and I almost missed my flight. After I moved here to Seoul, both of us started getting busier than before and we couldn't contact as much. We had promised each other that we would contact often, but life's a pain in the . 
 
"You said he gave you his phone number and you accepted it, right? Then he must be hot, aye?" Nara teases. I could feel a smirk through her voice. 
 
"Oh my... Nara! He's not hot, okay? You can't just think everyone's hot." 
 
"Ha, maybe your standards are just too high." She scoffed through the phone. She might be right about that. I mean... my ideal type was always that one actor called Lee Minho. No one can beat that flawless person. 
 
I had already arrived home whilst I was still talking to Nara. We also had a lot to catch up on about our lives since the last time I called her was a month ago. I told Nara I would call her back later when I realised it was already after midnight, and that I would wake the neighbours up if we kept the conversation going. But she stops me before I hung up and yelled through the phone, "you better call me when something happens!" I chuckled at that. 
 
"Nothing's going to happen okay? Alright, bye. Goodnight Nara." 
 
"Whatever you say! Goodnight Aerin-ah." And then she hung up. I really love her a lot. Even though I don’t have any siblings, she feels like a sister who I can rely on when I'm in trouble or in need of some advise. I've known her for most of my life, she never fails to cheer me up in my worst days. Thinking about her makes me happy, because of the fact that I have such a friend like her. 
 
After I've washed up, I sat on my bed and was about to lie on my bed, but the doorbell rings. Who could still be up this late night? I got up from my bed and headed towards the door sloppily since I already felt exhausted from the long day. 
 
"Oh! Aunty Chu? What are you doing up this late?" It was my neighbour living right next to me, aunty Chu. 
 
"Oh no, did I wake you up? So sorry dear," she lightly on my cheek like a grandmother would do to her grandchild, "I was gonna let you know just in case you wake up the next morning all confused on why it's so noisy. A new neighbour will be moving right opposite you, so if you wake up with a lot of noise, it'll be them." She smiled warmly at me when she finished explaining. I nodded in response and smiled back at her. She's honestly the cutest and nicest neighbour I have ever met. I pat on her hand that is my cheek. 
 
"You must be really tired, I will stop disturbing you now. Goodnight Aerin." 
 
"Haha. Yes, goodnight aunty." We said our goodnights and I walked back in sloppily and slumped on my bed. As I was trying to get into a comfortable position, I was wondering about how the new neighbour would be like. Would they be nice like aunty Chu, or would they just be grumpy old men? Maybe I could bake cookies for them for when they move in.
 
***
 
Aunty was right, I wake up to loud voices and I could hear sounds of boxes moving against the floor. They must be the new neighbours. I got out of bed and started my plan on baking cookies for them. It is a good manner for sending your new neighbours gifts as a welcoming gift. So, I decided that I wanted to bake cookies for them, simple but sweet.
 
After what seems like forever, I had finally finished baking the cookies. I packed them in these cute little packings I stole from work−which I'm not gonna explain how, and headed towards the door. I peeked through the peep hole on my door and see that there are 2 people moving stuff around. I heaved a sigh, thank goodness I baked enough cookies. Before I head out to greet my new neighbours, I had one last thing to check on. My appearance. First impressions are pretty important to me and I wouldn't like to embarass myself. I walked to the bathroom and looked in front of the mirror, having satisfied at myself I walked back to the door.
 
I got out of my apartment house to the one opposite and I was greeted by a man's back bending down about to pick a box up, "hello?" I quickly greeted before he could pick the box up. Hearing my voice, he seemed to froze for a bit but stood up straight to turn around. He was tall when stood up straight, but when he turned around, I could've sworn I saw a literal Angel. He combs through his dark hair with his hand and looks at me with intense eyes. When his face was coming into view, I suddenly saw a familiar face that I haven't seen in a long time.
 
I pointed a finger at him and covered my mouth with my other hand when I realised who it was, and the person did the same thing as I. It was unimaginable. I couldn't believe it. It was,
 
"Oh Sehun?!"
 
"Lee Aerin?!" Both of us called out at the same time. It really is him. My face lit up when he mentioned my name. I ran towards him and gave him a really big hug. We rocked side to side and rubbed each other's backs whilst hugging. I haven't seen him in so long that I was on the verge of tears.
 
"Oh my God, it really is you!" I said when I looked up at him. He chuckles and pulls my head against his chest back again for a more tighter hug.
 
"I've missed you so much, Aerin-ah. Have you been well?" He asked and I nodded. I break away from the hug and scanned him for head to toe, he's grown much taller than the last time I saw him. More mature and attractive looking too.
 
"Why are you looking at me like that," he gives me a confused look, "is it because I'm too attractive?" He confidently says and had his thumb and index finger up under his chin, making that iconic pose he always does. He is also a good friend of mine whom I met when I was still in Australia. Him, Nara and I, all three of us were good friends. Nara and I first met him when we were in our 8th grade and Sehun was that one kid who always sat at the very back of the classroom. He was that mysterious and quiet kid. Nara and I tried our best to get him to open up and one day, he finally did.
 
"Wow, you really are attractve. How did you get so handsome, huh? And how did you get so tall? I thought I was always taller than you?" I pinched his cheek. He chuckled and pinched mine back.
 
"You've gotten much prettier, a lot more than before."
 
"Hey, was I that ugly?" He laughs and I laughed along as well. I really missed him a lot. I really miss when the three of us were together, those were the good days.
 
After talking for awhile, I realised that I had stopped him from moving his stuff into his apartment. I gave him the cookies and then again, realised that I had a shift at the café. I gave Sehun one last hug and said that I had to go to work. I told him he could stop by with his friend who I have yet to meet, then we bid our goodbyes. And on my way to work, I prayed that the Kyungsoo guy would not come and ruin this good day.
 
Kyungsoo’s POV
 
I knew that it’ll be her. I just wished she would hear me out. I was so dissapointed when she kicked me out of the café that day. I'm such an embarrasment. Sighing every 2 minutes, my friend in the car right beside me started to get irritated.
 
"Just tell me what happened and stop sighing, it's annoying." Sehun said giving up on tolerating my sighings.
 
"She kicked me out of the café the other day."
 
"That's because you're dumb." He laughed at me and I was about smack him when I remembered that I was still driving. I would've tackled him down to the floor if I wasn't driving.
 
"You're not helping at all!"
 
"Who said I was going to help you?"
 
"Should I just make a U-turn back home and not help you move your ?" His eyes widened and that's when I knew I won.
 
"Oh Kyungsoo, I was just joking! Don't take it too seriously, okay?" He tried to convince me. I sighed again for the millionth time, I have no idea how this person is my friend.
 
When we finally arrived, we went straight to moving his stuff from the trunk to his apartment. It wasn't really the best idea to only have two people moving, Sehun has a lot of things that he doesn't even need, he keeps stuff like comic books and doll figures and two people really weren't enough.
 
Half an hour into the moving, I was in his room helping him build a DIY table and one of the screws were bent when I screwed it in too hard. I ordered Sehun to help get a new screw for it while I supported it so it wouldn't fall. But he took too long to get a new screw. I shouted for him multiple times and he finally came back.
 
"What in the world took you so long?"
 
"Sorry, bumped into my old friend just now, here." He hands me a box with a few screws in it and he suddenly smiles while lowering his head. I have never seen him smile like that before, not even once in my life. What is this?
 
"Why do you look so... happy? I've never seen you smile like that before and you're scaring me. Are you sick or something?" I asked him, actually being really concerned about his health.
 
"No I wasn't! Who's smiling? Not me."
 
"You're the worst lier ever."
 
"Whatever. By the way, let's go to this café my friend works at, she said she wants you to come along." And so, I agreed to come along. But what I was shocked at was Sehun chose the café that Aerin is working at. And from the outside of the café, I could see her making drinks for the customers. She had a smile on her face, something I would like to see often. And this was the first time I've seen her smile ever since I met her. She always had a small frown on her face when I saw her before. Was I probably the reason for it? I halted on my steps and held Sehun's arm before he could pull open the entrance door. He looks back and forth at me and my hand that's holding onto his arm, confused.
 
"W-wait. Your friend works here right? Do you know if this is the right café?" I ask him nervously and he contemplates for a while. He just shrugs and pulls me in. He starts searching for that friend of his and I tried to hide behind him, avoiding Aerin from Sehun's broad back.
 
Whilst following him behind, I could feel that we were getting closer to the counter. We arrived in front of the counter and Sehun was just ordering something and I turned my back towards the counter so that Aerin wouldn't see my face.
 
I suddenly felt a hand pulling me and Aerin's face came to view. Her expression was a mixture of confusion and shockness. I could tell she didn't want me here.
 
"And this is my friend Do Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo, this is Aerin. That friend I was talking about." And that's when I realised what was going on...
 
"He's your friend?!"
 
"She's your friend?!" Aerin and I yelled in Sehun's face. He flinched from the sudden yells.
 
"You guys know each other?" Sehun asked. His eyes going from Aerin's to mine and then back again, getting a little bit intimidated. I looked at her with nervous eyes as I see hers with fiery.
 
 
~~~
 
 
happy birthday to my one and only <3
 
sorry for any spelling errors or grammar mistakes. did not proof read this :(