The First Cup

Special Him [DISCONTINUED]

I'm always longing for someone's arms, arms that could give me warmth. I'm always longing for those hands, hands to hold mine and never let go. I'm always longing for those eyes, eyes I could stare at anytime. I'm always longing for those lips, lips that could tell me how much they'll love me. I'm always longing for that special someone, that someone who can make me look at the world a much better way. But where is he?

"SNAP OUT OF IT!" I suddenly felt a pang against the back of my head, "daydreaming again, aye? Do you even care about living anymore? Don't you need money to live?" My boss glared at me with angry eyes and a rolled up magazine in her hand.


"N-no ma'am! I wasn't daydreaming!"

"Do you want me to cut down on your pay again? Is that what you want?"  I shook my head quickly and looked down in embarrassment. My boss sighed before walking away, shaking her head in disappointment. Ever since our new boss came, things got really strict and hard for us employees. I almost wanted to quit if it wasn't for her bipolar personality.

I've been working in this café for about 3 years now, I've got the hang of things here and all, what's wrong with thinking about my personal life? I know I'm not allowed to bring my personal problems and emotions to work. But why is it such a gloomy, depressing day today? Why was I thinking about that special someone again?

I sighed. Will that special someone ever appear? Does that special someone even exists? I sighed again. Looking at my shy, depressing self, I'll probably never get one. Who wants a person who's always depressed anyway?

I got back up to work again, getting the order from a customer that just came in.

"Just an iced coffee please," the man ordered. What a weird man, iced coffee in this cold weather?

"Sure. And is that all for today?

"Nope, could I also possibly borrow a pen and a piece of paper as well?"

"Uh… Sure," I handed him the pen and paper he requested. He payed for his drink and waited for it while I was making it. I took a peak at what he was doing with the pen and piece of paper, that almost caused me to overfill the cup of iced coffee.

I called for his order and turned out he was just done writing on the paper. The man looked up upon hearing his order being called and walked towards the counter with a smile on his face.

"Thank you. Oh, and here's your pen and paper. Thanks again!"

"Thank you, come a−" he walked out of the cafe before I could even finish my sentence. He's really a weird man. Realising I still had the pen and paper in my hands, I opened the paper that the man folded to find something quite shocking written on it.

010-********
Call me ^^ − DKS


That must be his phone number. I’m definitely not calling him. And who puts their initials when they give out phone numbers? He’s really a weird guy.

***

I took off my shoes lazily and slumped my body onto my living room couch. Another tiring day from work, over! I fished my phone out from my pocket and a piece of paper fell out when I took it out. Isn’t this…? The paper from the weird guy! Oh my… why did I even keep it? I stood up too throw the paper away but something stopped me from doing so.

Whatever. It won’t hurt just to say hi, at least it’s not talking face to face. But if he gets really weird, I’ll block his number right away. I texted him instead of calling him.

To DKS:
Iced coffee guy?

From DKS:
Aerin? Hmm… I remember writing down to ‘Call me’ though. Not ‘Text me’, haha.

To DKS:
How do you even know my name?

From DKS:
You had a name tag.


Ugh, right. I forgot…

To DKS:
But hey, who gives out phone numbers with only their initials as their name. Shouldn’t you at least give me your name?

From DKS:
That’s cute, did you want to know my name?


What is he trying to do, honestly? I’m not even really interested in him so why am I talking to him? I was about to reply back and that’s when I get a phone call, from him. I was too much of a chicken to pick up the call. What if he’s a murderer or something and I’m just making it easier for him to try and get to me?

My ringtone stops and goes off again for the second time. I just stared at the screen until it finally stops ringing and I receive a text message.

From DKS:
Why didn’t you pick up? I thought you wanted to know my name?

To DKS:
What? Can’t you just text me your name? Stop wasting your credit.


And with that, I put my phone down and went to the bathroom for a refreshing shower before going to bed. But the vibration of my phone on my bedside table stopped me from it. I grabbed my phone to see that he has sent me a text message.

From DKS:
The name’s Do Kyungsoo.


I don’t know why, but seeing this text made me felt relieved a little. It’s like he knows I’ll think he’s some kind of creep.

To DKS:
Goodnight, Do Kyungsoo.


~~~

I suddenly had an idea and I just... asdfghjkl idk what this is and how this will become but hopefully  this will turn out decent…

[927 words ._.]