Believe Me

left/right

Chani shifted impatiently on the sidewalk, scraping his shoes against the gray cement out of boredom. He had just gotten out of his last class for the day, & he was now waiting for the bus to arrive to take him back to the dorms. Chani rarely had time alone to think. He was always surrounded by his classmates, surrounded by fans, or surrounded by his teammates. But now that he had the opportunity to think, somehow, he felt scared to take it. Rowoon's question from yesterday kept circulating in his mind, & he knew he would have to give him an answer sooner or later. He owed him that much. But what if he didn't like the answer he was given? 

His thoughts got cut short as the bus wheeled its way in front of him. Putting in his earbuds in & pressing start on his music player, he boarded the bus to go home.

 

"Chani's baaaaack!" Dawon yelled excitedly, before Chani even had a chance to open the door. Normally, the boys were split into two dorms, but they had all gathered in one dorm on this day to hang out with each other as a whole. A few members had been sitting around playing card games, while the others were in their rooms for some alone time. Rowoon was the first to greet the maknae, wrapping his arms around him in a big bear hug.

"I missed you," he whispered into Chani's ear, sending chills down his spine. 

"Jeez, let the boy breathe! He just walked in!" Dawon yelled again, making Hwiyoung & Jaeyoon laugh. 

Rowoon turned his head to glare at him playfully. "Shut up Dawon hyung! Everyone knows I'm his favorite." He then turned back to look at Chani. "Right?"

Chani gave a nod in response, closing his eyes while giving a big smile that gave off the impression that he knew exactly how cute he was being in that moment.

Ever since that day that Chani had been sick & they were alone together, Rowoon's urges to kiss the younger boy had become harder & harder to suppress. In the earlier days, he had done just fine. Now, it was a bit difficult to manage.

"Do you have any homework?"

"Well no.. It's a performing arts school, so I kinda don't have any written assignment-"

"Great, I'll go help you with it." Before the other members could blink, Rowoon had grabbed Chani's wrist & led him into his bedroom, disappearing from everyone's sight.

"Man, Rowoon hyung has been completely needy for Chani's attention lately.." Hwiyoung noticed, staring after them at the now closed bedroom door.

"Yeah? But it's always been that way." Dawon absentmindedly flipped over his playing card back & forth, then set it down on the table. 

"Yeah, but now more so than usual.."

"Maybe you're over-thinking it? Those two are always attached at the hip somehow. This isn't exactly news."

"Maybe Hwiyoung's jealous?" Jaeyoon smirked mischievously, & Hwiyoung threw one of the couch pillows at him.

"No way. Rowoon isn't even my type."

"Who said anything about it being Rowoon?"

"Younger guys aren't my style either."

They all laughed in the moment for a bit amongst each other before continuing on with their game.

 

"Hyung!" Chani reached up to hit the top of Rowoon's hair. "I told you I don't have any homework! So why'd you pull me in here all of a sudden? Ah, wait.. I think I know why." Chani felt silly for not realizing it sooner. The only way that they could get really personal with each other was if they were completely alone.

Rowoon shut his eyes real tight, still grinning though his slight frustration. "Am I really that predictable?"

"No. I just followed the pattern. Next, you'll try to kiss me. Am I wrong?"

The older one let out a deep sigh. "Next time just say so if you don't want me to."

"Ah, there you go again worrying!" Chani gave his shoulder a light squeeze. "I told you I'm alright with it, didn't I?"

Rowoon said nothing, nodding to his words. After a long silence, Chani began to move around the room, putting his backpack in the closet & tidying up a little bit. 

"What did you guys do all day? I feel bad whenever I have to leave for school."

"We all just goofed around honestly. You didn't miss much."

"Ah." Chani stopped what he was doing to gaze up at the taller boy. His demeanor & tone of voice seemed a bit distraught. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I just.." He positioned himself to lean against the wall, & Chani followed him, moving closer. 

"What? Hyung, you can tell me. Please tell me.."

Rowoon looked even sadder now. "It's just that.. I'm in love with this really cute boy & I just don't know what to do.." He then started fake sobbing, leaving Chani to just glare his infamous glare at him. Once Rowoon saw his face he couldn't help but titter.

"Sorry, sorry! I just like it when you worry about me. It makes me feel really good." He the hair of a still-glaring Chani, & Chani moved his hand away.

"Aw! What, are you mad at me now? I was just joking!"

Chani crossed his arms over his chest, looking up at the ceiling lamp.

"Hey! Come on, look at me." Rowoon took hold of his chin & gently moved it back towards him. Chani met eyes with him, but only deepened his scowl.

"You know you're really hot when you're mad, right?" Rowoon spoke in a low voice, making Chani break his composure for just a split second before regaining his previous expression.

"I saw that.." The older one lowered himself to Chani's height now, & Chani decided to just give up. He wasn't mad anymore, after everything that Rowoon was doing at the moment.

"Don't play tricks on me anymore."

"Or what."

"Or.." Chani's eyebrows pulled together. He didn't really have an answer to that.

"If there's no punishment then I can just keep doing what I'm doing, right?"

"Hmm.." Chani looked away, & Rowoon saw that as an opportunity to sneak in a kiss, but Chani noticed something different this time. This time, his kisses seemed to be more on the passionate side; strong, yet comfortable. & although he never did until now, Chani decided to kiss back. Rowoon took the lead, & the younger one merely followed, having trouble every now & then with his tongue catching up. Still, it was enjoyable for them both, & lasted continuously for about 3 minutes before the both of them decided to separate for air.

Afterwards, Chani could only stare at his hyung, feeling a bit weird that he wanted more.

"You're a good kisser."

Chani chuckled a bit, looking down at his feet in embarrassment. "I've never done it before, so how can that be?"

Rowoon put his hand to his mouth, shocked to hear this news.

"Wait.. I was your first kiss?"

Chani nodded.

"I'm sorry.."

Now Chani frowned. 

"Why are you sorry?"

"I wasn't thinking.. Your first kiss should be special, & I took that away from you.." Rowoon's face became hard, almost like a sculpture.

"Who says it wasn't special? Y'know, when it comes to me, you're way too hard on yourself! Be more confident, please?" Chani gave him a grin, placing a hand on Rowoon’s cheek. Rowoon grabbed his wrist & held it there.

"You're so out of my league, Chani. I have every right to feel this way."

"What? But you're our visual! You're tall, extremely talented.. I can't believe you're saying this.." He shook his head in disbelief, taking his hand back, but Rowoon only held on to his wrist tighter. He embraced his loved one in a hug, resting his head on top of his midnight black hair. Chani hugged back, & they stayed like that for a while, sighing comfortably. 

"You're thinking too much. Go back to how carefree you were, when you didn't care whether you were bothering me or not. Go back to messing with me randomly. Be that person again."

Rowoon raised an eyebrow. "I thought you hated when I did stuff like that."

"I secretly.. like it..?"

Smiling, Rowoon said nothing & simply sniffed the younger one's hair.

"Except that. I hate that."

"I don't believe you."

"Yeah, I wouldn't believe me either."