Christmas Presents That Move ( A Prince for You)

Wanting Something Extra

Request: Christmas celebration in A Prince For You AU!!!

Day 3 part 1 of Christmas Request Bonanza


The very first Christmas Joshua had Soojin was a bleak one. Joshua didn’t bother setting up a tree or decorations at all. He didn’t even bother going home to LA. Soojin was two and he had his hands full. It was a hard few months of learning how to take care of a child and rearranging his work schedule to include a baby into his life. The first Christmas passed by in a blur.

The second and third Christmases he spent it in LA with his parents and his new daughter. His parents had been leery of him taking Soojin in but at the same time they understood on some level. Soojin had clapped and gurgled at the lights and the sparkly tinsel. She liked the Christmas songs and the hymns.

Christmas four was the last Christmas he spent in LA with his parents and extended family. It was fine, fun even until one of the other church goers asked Joshua where his wife was. It went down hill when he said he was a single father. The looks of disapproval and whispers about Soojin were enough to turn his stomach. He never went home for Christmas after that. Maybe when Soojin was older, but not while she was still young and easily hurt by people disapproving of her existence.

This Christmas there was going to be a party. Soojin wanted to have one for all her uncles and family and “Daddy it’d be so fun please.”

So Joshua invited all his friends and their family and here they were being noisy as hell and having the time of their lives.

“Soojin,” Mingyu singsonged. “Come to Uncle Gyu. I have a present for you!”

Soojin all but ran to him, smacking right dab into his long legs. “Really? A present Uncle Mingyu?” Her eyes lit up, excitement making her jittery, but that could be because of all the sugar they fed her behind Joshua’s back.

Joshua raised his brows, “A present? What sort of present Mingyu?”

Minghao walked in with a box. A box that moved.

“Mingyu,” Joshua said warning him.

“I swear hyung it’ll be all right.”

Minghao put the box down gently. “Be careful ok Soojin?”

She nodded. “Of course. I’m a princess Uncle HaoHao. I’m always careful.”

Soonyoung let out a tiny squeal. “So cute.”

Joshua felt a pit of dread in his stomach.

Mingyu took the top of the box off.

Soojin’s eyes grew round like saucers. “Uncle Gyu,” she said quietly. “Thank you.” She reached in and took out a puppy.

Joshua’s life right now. It was a mix of great dane and a golden retriever. Family friendly dogs. Children friendly dogs. Big dog breeds though. . If there was a moment for Joshua to drink now was the time.

“Mingyu,” he hissed. “A dog?”

“Look at how happy she is hyung,” Mingyu pleaded, turning on the puppy dog eyes.

Joshua wasn’t having any of it, gently slapping Mingyu’s face away. He went to his daughter crouching down. “Soojin. Honey. Let daddy see the puppy.”

She hugged him close, shaking her head. “No daddy. He’s mine. Uncle Gyu got him for me.” The puppy let out a tiny noise. A cute one. But still.

Joshua sighed, glaring daggers at Mingyu before turning back to her. “Soojin. Do you think you can take care of a puppy?”

She started to sniffle, hearing the disapproval in Joshua’s voice. “I’m a big girl daddy. I’m a princess. I can take care of a puppy. I promise.”

“Puppies grow to be big dogs though princess. What will you do when yours gets bigger than you?”

“I’ll train him. He’ll listen to me. Please daddy?”

God his daughter was turning on the waterworks. He could even hear Soonyoung let out a little sniffle himself. Joshua felt like a tool for doing this but , a dog.

“Now Soojin—“

“We can help,” Soonyoung said, crouching down. “Uncle Gyu and HaoHao too. Since they got you the doggy.”

Joshua glared. “Of course, if all of you help,” he made sure to add hints of pain in his voice if they didn’t.

“I’ll do my best Princess Soojin,” Mingyu said saluting at her.

Sighing for the umpteenth time Joshua let it go. “You can keep the dog only if you can take care of it. If I have to take care of it more than you than no more dog for you. Understand Soojin?”

“Yes, daddy,” she said giving him a smile. She put the puppy down and started playing with him around the house.

Joshua groaned. “I hate you Mingyu. I hate you so much.”

“Hyung,” he whined.