Watching From Afar (Haunted House Fun)

Wanting Something Extra

Request: Haunted House Fun ~Jeonghan can finally take Josh on a date but Mingpup is protective af and Hosh just want some fun.#MinshuaBrolove


“So, mind telling me why we’re here?” Hoshi asked as he stared discretely at a pair of boys in the corner.

“We’re here on a mission,” Mingyu declared, “to make sure that ghost doesn’t get too close.”

Hoshi laughed. “You know that was only his temp job, right? And that Joshua doesn’t really need protection. Considering yesterday and all.”

Mingyu nodded. Yesterday was mildly epic to say the least. Some guy decided it was a smart move to try and start some with Vernon which Joshua shut down immediately by saying that if they had to live with seeing that person’s ugly face for the whole school year he’d deal with seeing Vernon’s handsome one. The dude ran away after everyone else started to laugh at him.

“But Shua hyung isn’t that strong. What if that guy tries to get fresh with him and he can’t fight back? I’m here for protection,” Mingyu said, eyes gleaming fiercely.

Hoshi looked at him. “What if Shua wants Jeonghan to get fresh with him?”

“Not without my permission,” Mingyu said fiercely.

Hoshi laughed at him, banging his fist on the table. “Better get that past Joshua first. Cuz I think Jeonghan’s about to steal a kiss and he isn’t stopping him.”

Mingyu whirled around, mouth dropped in horror.


Jeonghan lightly played with Joshua’s fingers, smiling as the other boy drank his iced americano. “Was the date fun?”

Putting down his drink, Joshua said, “People normally ask when the date’s about to end and someone walks someone home. Date’s not over it and I don’t want you to know where I live.”

“Aww. Why not?”

Joshua gave him a wry smile. “I’m afraid that you’ll come see me too much.”

“Only when I feel deprived and you aren’t seeing me because you’re too busy. I’ll come to you,” Jeonghan said, giving him a winsome smile.

“Really?” Joshua deadpanned. “Not for a late night booty call?”

“Only if you want me too?” He gave Joshua another smile.

“You can kiss me now. I can tell you’re angling for one.”

Jeonghan smiled, like a little boy, leaning in to lay a kiss on the lips that he stared a little too much at.

They  heard a yell as they pulled apart.

“Hyung?!” Mingyu cried.

“Mingyu? What are you doing here?”

“Protection squad Shua,” Hoshi said, coming up from behind.

“You too?”

“I tagged along to see the chaos.”

Mingyu was leaning into Joshua, holding onto him, making whining noises about Jeonghan getting fresh with him.

Jeonghan leaned back into his seat smiling, a bit like the cat who caught the mouse and got the cream too.

Joshua sighed, patting Mingyu on the back. If this was the way things were going to go he’d have to make sure to never tell Mingyu when he had dates.