Embedded Memories

We Don't Talk Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

002

 

 

Author's POV

“Jiyeon-ah… Can I uncover my eyes now?”

“No not yet Sehun. Come here.”

Jiyeon held Sehun’s hand and carefully led his way in with her into a place she meant as a surprise to Sehun. She even went as far as covering his eyes with a black cloth. When they were already inside the place, Jiyeon finally went behind Sehun, getting ready to untie the cloth.

“Come on Jiyeon. I’m damn curious right now.” Sehun excitedly exclaimed.

“Okay. Here it is.” Jiyeon untied the cloth covering Sehun’s eyes, revealing the surrounding to the long curious Sehun.

“This place is so nice Jiyeon. I like it here.” Sehun told as he looked around in amazement.

“You really like it? Then today is your lucky day because we’re going to stay here from now on.” Jiyeon explained with a wide smile on her face.

“Seriously? No, you’re probably joking right?” Sehun asked as he looked at Jiyeon in disbelief.

“This is my father’s place and he’s currently staying at Seoul because of his business. So we’ll be staying here, for real Sehun. I’m not even joking right now.” Jiyeon explained while briefly laughing at Sehun’s expression.

“I’m seriously staying here with you, Jiyeon? I don’t want to get all excited just to hear you say that it’s a joke later.” Sehun asked again, still couldn’t believe it.

“Please be excited now. I’m serious.” Jiyeon brightly smiled at Sehun’s cute expression.

“OMG I JUST COULDN’T BELIEVE IT! I’M STAYING WITH MY SWEETHEART HERE TOGETHER!!!”

Sehun began shouting and jumping while running around the place happily. He even danced excitedly before running back to Jiyeon. He hugged Jiyeon tightly and lifted her up while spinning around whilst holding Jiyeon tightly in his arms. Once he put Jiyeon back down, he stepped closer, lessening the space between them, gently removing Jiyeon’s strands of hair on her face, and then placed his nose right against Jiyeon’s. They both smiled before Sehun finally tilted his head and locked his lips with Jiyeon’s.

“Did I ever mention that your lips taste the best in this world?” Sehun suddenly asked as soon as they broke the kiss.

“Oh please don’t say such cheesy words, Sehun.” Jiyeon slightly chuckled.

“Doesn’t matter. All that matters to me right now is that I’m yours and you’re mine.” Sehun softly whispered.

“And that will never change.” Jiyeon replied before she wrapped her arms around Sehun’s nape and planted a subtle kiss on Sehun’s lips.

Both of them were crazily in love since the moment Sehun confessed his love at the fountain, and they had been continuously showing their affection towards each other. Since Jiyeon got a job in Busan, Sehun applied as a choreographer at a dance studio in Busan so he could always be near Jiyeon, and therefore there they were staying together in a house.

 

---

 

            Jiyeon was rushing back from her work that late evening, although tired, her lips were still able to curl a slight smile as she was reminded about Sehun waiting for her at home. On her right hand, she was carrying a small box filled with cake, while the other hand was holding a paper bag cutely decorated with ribbon. It was Sehun’s birthday and she planned on doing a simple surprise for him as they had both been quite busy lately and hardly spent any time together. As Jiyeon arrived in front of their house, she furrowed her brows seeing that the house was dark.

“Did Sehun not come back yet?” She uttered.

While pursing her lips, Jiyeon struggled to take out the house key to unlock the door. She walked straight to the kitchen and put the cake in the fridge before pursuing to the bedroom, which was as dark as the common room. She switched on the light and sighted Sehun soundly sleeping on the bed.

She smiled briefly seeing Sehun was there, “And here I thought he wasn’t home.”

She painstakingly took step by step towards the bed, making sure to not produce any sound. She placed the paper bag next to the bed and carefully went onto the bed and settled herself next to Sehun, observing Sehun’s perfect features. She reached out to his brown hair and caressed it lovingly and even unknowingly curled a loving smile. Her palm trailed down to Sehun’s temple and then to his cheek.

“You know I like you so much, right Sehun?” Jiyeon muttered.

Sehun slightly moved, awoke by Jiyeon’s gentle touch, “Oh... my lovely cupcake you’re finally home.” He talked in his husky sleepy voice.

“I’m sorry I woke you up.” Jiyeon apologized.

“Come here babe.” Sehun grabbed Jiyeon’s arm and tugged her into his embrace. He caressed Jiyeon’s head whilst tightening the hug, “I miss you so much, Jiyeon-ah.”

“I miss you too you know.” Jiyeon replied with a sad voice.

“Hey…” Sehun slightly pushed Jiyeon to get a clear sight of her face, “Why did you sound so sad babe?” He worriedly asked.

“Because I miss you. By the way, happy birthday Sehun. I love you so so so much!” Jiyeon said before she quickly and briefly pecked Sehun’s lips.

“You even know how to steal a kiss now huh? But what’s important now is that… for this year’s birthday, I was given such a lovely woman to stay by my side, my greatest birthday present ever.”

“Stop being cheesy Sehun. I got a real present for you here.”

Jiyeon jumped off the bed and pulled both of Sehun’s arms so he’d get off the bed too. Sehun lazily got his body off the bed and stood next to Jiyeon with a light smile. Jiyeon grabbed the paper bag she placed next to the bed earlier and handed it to Sehun. He took it from Jiyeon without saying anything although Jiyeon was grinning so excitedly. She sat on the bed and signaled Sehun to do the same. Sehun settled right next to Jiyeon while peeking inside the paper bag, still curious of what Jiyeon gave him as a birthday gift.

“Stop peeking in! Just open it already.” Jiyeon slapped Sehun’s arm.

“Okay boss!” Sehun saluted before he began opening the paper bag and took out a simple knitted sweatshirt. He held up the sweatshirt to take a clear look at it while Jiyeon was eagerly watching his expression, “What is this hideous thing?” Sehun reacted.

“Hi—deous?! What are you talking about? It will look good on you!” Jiyeon snapped.

“Na-ah, I hate it. Absolutely.” Sehun simply answered her with a stone face.

“Yah!” Jiyeon gritted her teeth and began pouting, “I don’t like you!”

Jiyeon then stood up while crossing her arms and stomping away angrily. Sehun playfully smiled as he watched Jiyeon stomping away while pouting. He then stood up and slightly ran towards Jiyeon before hugging her from behind, tightly.

“But I like you, so much.” He whispered in Jiyeon’s ear, “I want to celebrate my birthday with you. Let’s spend some fun time together tomorrow?”

“Sounds great! Let’s meet at the seafood restaurant by the sea near my office at five. I’ll rush there as soon as I finished my work!” Jiyeon excitedly suggested.

“Okay! I’m looking forward to it.”

 

---------------------------------

 

            Jiyeon was sitting at a café near her workplace during lunch break while boringly scrolling her Instagram feed. Sometimes she would heave a small sigh. Suddenly, she received a notification of Sehun uploading new photo in the app and scrolled back up to see it. She finally smiled seeing Sehun uploaded his photo in the dance studio wearing the knitted sweatshirt she gave to him as his birthday present. She read his caption and began scoffing hard.

 

Oohsehun My lovely cupcake gave me this ugly shirt on my birthday. I never knew she has such a bad taste in fashion smh.

 

“I’m going to kick his once I’m home.” Jiyeon mumbled.

“Kick whose ?” Jiyeon lifted up her face to see the person who talked and she smiled upon seeing the company’s director, Jongsuk.

“Oh, Director Lee. Nothing, I was just furious over something. Hehe.” Jiyeon sheepishly grinned at him.

“Aigoo so cute!” Jongsuk exclaimed as he took a seat facing the smiling Jiyeon.

“Me?” Jiyeon asked while playfully cupping her face, acting cute, and they later burst into laughter together.

“Our project will take place next week, the big project we’ve been working on together for almost a month now. I can only hope everything will go well. How are you feeling about it?” Jongsuk asked.

“I am so so so freaking nervous about it. This is the first project I have ever involved and it’s such a great experience. Thanks to you for trusting me and accepting me as a part of this project. I just hope that you can support me just in case I ruin this project.”

“You won’t Jiyeon. I know your ability. Let’s work on it this whole week left so this project will run smoothly. I’m sorry that you to work overtime for the time being. Just tell me if you need more rest. I’ll grant it to you.” He assured Jiyeon while slightly patted her back.

“Sure boss! Let’s go back to the office and get our work done!” Jiyeon stood up and enthusiastically grinned.

“That’s the spirit. Let’s go!”

 

---

 

            Sehun arrived at the restaurant by the sea with a big smile on his face, feeling excited about spending some time outside with Jiyeon. Since they moved to Busan together, he hadn’t got any chance to meet Jiyeon other than at home during the night after she came back from work, and in the morning after shortly having breakfast together. He entered the restaurant and chose a table with sea view so they could enjoy food while enjoying the calmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter