We were in love

We Don't Talk Anymore
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

001

 

 

Author’s POV

            Sehun only woke up from his long sleep that afternoon, pleased that he’s able to go to sleep and wake up anytime he wants. He was a college graduate and he’s currently resting at home doing nothing. After taking his bath, Sehun ran downstairs where he could see the house was completely empty as everyone had gone to work. He went straight to the kitchen and saw nothing on the dining table. With a slight hope, Sehun looked for something to eat in the refrigerator but he found nothing.

“I need to ask mom to go for food shopping later. No worries, I’ll eat my lunch outside for today.”

He went back upstairs and quickly got dressed in all-black. He looked into the mirror while putting on his shades before running his fingers through his hair. He smiled and talked to himself in the mirror, “I look hot, like always.”

He walked outside the house while looking around, thinking where to go. The residential was in the downtown area, which make it easier for him to find any restaurant or café. As he left his house, Sehun walked and sometimes even danced. He’s a cheerful and bright boy who always thinks positively, so he rarely had held any worries within him for long.

 

            On the other hand, Jiyeon was sitting alone in a café, drinking coffee by herself. It was autumn and hot Americano was the best to enjoy during the season. Sometimes she would look outside through the glass wall, checking the people passing by. She was kinda unfamiliar with the area as she just arrived yesterday. Finishing her coffee, Jiyeon finally stood up and left the café. Once she exited, Jiyeon stood outside the café and interestedly looked around.

“Where should I go now?” She uttered to herself while taking off her black shades.

She looked to her left for a mere second and caught someone’s eyes watching her full of interest, “What’s with that guy?” She mumbled before looking away.

Sehun was indifferently walked by the street, still thinking what he desired to eat for lunch when his eyes caught a girl standing by the café across the street. The girl’s whole appearance made Sehun’s feet halted by themselves. He then lowered his sunglasses to watch the girl clearly.

“Damn, she’s fine.”

Sehun whispered, somehow feeling attracted to the peculiar girl he had never seen around before this. He crossed the street and coolly made his way towards Jiyeon, although Jiyeon didn’t pay attention to him even for a mere second. Sehun cleared his throat and slightly touched Jiyeon’s shoulder.

“Excuse me.” Sehun said.

Jiyeon turned her head prettily, making Sehun’s heart skipped a beat. However, with an arrogant glare, Jiyeon looked away without replying him. Sehun watched her in disbelief, somehow embarrassed after getting ignored by the girl on the street. He didn’t give up and called for Jiyeon one more time.

“Do you live around here?”

“….” She gave no answer, nor did she even look at Sehun.

“Err… hi?” Sehun said again.

“….”

“Alright then. I’m sorry for bothering you.” Sehun finally gave up and ready to leave. But just right before he turned around, he took one last glance at Jiyeon and he saw her smiling while looking at the ground as if there were something funny down there. He watched her strangely, probably doubting if Jiyeon actually suffered mental illness. The smile later changed to giggles, making Sehun felt insecure.

“I’m sorry.” Jiyeon finally talked, still giggling.

“Why?” Sehun confusedly asked.

“I didn’t mean to ignore you. I just wanna tease you a little. But your expression is really funny so I couldn’t hold myself any longer.” She explained.

“Do you know me?” Sehun asked again, still confused.

“No. I just arrived yesterday. I’m visiting my aunt. She lives over there, just a few blocks from here.” Jiyeon confidently shook her head before she pointed out her aunt’s house.

“Madam Park’s house?”

“Yes yes. She’s my aunt.”

“This must be fate. I live next door.”

“Oh really?” Jiyeon excitedly asked, “Nice to know you! My name is Jiyeon.” She then reached out her right hand, offering a handshake.

“Nice to know you too, Jiyeon. Call me Sehun.” Sehun was more than happy to receive a warm response from Jiyeon. He received the handshake, looking as excited as Jiyeon herself.

“Where are you heading to by the way? I saw you walking whilst dancing just now. You like to dance?” Jiyeon began a conversation.

“Oh yes I was in dance major during college and currently waiting for job offer. I’m going for lunch by the way. What about you?” Sehun asked back.

“I just took my lunch. I’m going back for now. Sooo, see you later?” Jiyeon answered.

“Sure. I’ll come over, or you can just come to my house if you’re bored or anything. I’m always at home.” Sehun invited her over.

“Great! So see you sometimes later.” Jiyeon said as she waved a cute goodbye.

Sehun nodded and smiled before he crossed the road back, heading to a restaurant. He looked back at the café where Jiyeon was still seen standing there, watching him as he walked away. Sehun stopped walking to watch Jiyeon. She was doing some weird poses over there when she realized Sehun was watching. Sehun worriedly looked around, checking if people were watching Jiyeon’s craziness. Jiyeon laughed as she saw Sehun’s funny face. She later stuck out her tongue to tease Sehun and she also laughed happily across the street, didn’t really care if people were watching. Sehun was surprised at first that Jiyeon seemed a bit too comfortable for someone whom he just met, but he only shook his head and smiled at Jiyeon because she’s just too cute for him to resist.

 

---

 

            The next day, one of Sehun’s college friend, Baekhyun, came over knowing Sehun was alone at home. They were playing games together to kill their time while waiting for lunch time. Baekhyun then refused to play because he was beaten by Sehun several times. They decided to rest for a while as it’s only half an hour left before lunch time. As Sehun rested his head onto the sofa with Baekhyun’s next to him, he suddenly heard a knock on the glass wall behind him. He noticed a glimpse of angelic smile and his heart began racing.

“Damn!” He murmured as he fixed his position to take clear look outside the wall.

“Ah why?!” Baekhyun complained when Sehun suddenly pushed him aside, “What are you looking at?” He asked when he saw Sehun’s eyes fixed outside the transparent wall.

“She’s literally an angel descending from the sky.” Sehun uttered, eyes still fixed outside.

Curious, Baekhyun took a glance towards the direction Sehun was staring at, and he’s flustered right away at the sight of Jiyeon standing right before the glass, brightly smiling at them. Sehun was pointing the front door, gesturing Jiyeon to come to the front. Once Jiyeon showed an ‘OK’ sign, Sehun jumped off the sofa and ran to the front door. He also pulled Baekhyun together with him.

“Who’s that beauty? I’ve never seen her around before.” Baekhyun excitedly asked.

“None of your business.” Sehun answered.

He then took Baekhyun’s coat and bag that were hanging next to the door and tossed them into Baekhyun’s arms. Baekhyun confusedly stared at his stuffs and then at Sehun, asking for explanation. Without saying anything to Baekhyun, Sehun took a deep breath and opened the door. He slightly startled seeing Jiyeon standing outside, still smiling like before. He voiceless gestured Jiyeon to wait before he then dragged Baekhyun outside with him.

“What the hell are you doing?!” Baekhyun exclaimed, still confused.

“Shh,” Sehun gestured Baekhyun to lower his voice, “I’ll see you again later. Maybe tomorrow.” He told, half-whispering.

“Ah why?!” Baekhyun protested. He then lowered his voice upon seeing Sehun’s sign, “Didn’t we promise to go out for lunch together? Are you ditching me because of that girl?”

“Help me this once, please… Can’t you see how pretty she is? Don’t you wanna see me be happy with my dream girl? Aren’t we best friends?” Sehun desperately convinced.

With a pout, Baekhyun finally nodded, “Spare your time for lunch tomorrow. I’ll come over.”

“Yes sure. Thanks Baekhyun, you’re the best!”

“Yeah whatever.”

Carrying his stuffs, Baekhyun took heavy steps leaving the house. After sending Baekhyun of, Sehun ran back to the door where Jiyeon was seen waiting with a smile. Not wasting any more time, Sehun invited Jiyeon into the house and told her to take a seat while he went to the kitchen to get them some drinks. He appeared in less than one minute carrying two chocolate milks. He handed one to Jiyeon and sat right next to her, although still leaving a considerably wide space in between. Jiyeon was happily drinking the milk while Sehun was watching her full of interest, without himself realizing.

“You’re watching me as if you could see through me.” Jiyeon frankly said.

“Uh, Oh I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean to…” Sehun shyly rubbed his nape.

“I don’t really mind. Hmm, do you mind eating lunch with me?” Jiyeon then offered, and a bright smile quickly appeared on Sehun’s face.

“Of course I don’t mind. Mom and dad never came back for lunch, and I can’t cook so I was always eating out for lunch, sometimes alone. So I’m glad to able to go to lunch with you.” He smiled foolishly.

“Really? Do you want me to cook for you? I don’t really specialize in cooking but I can at least cook spaghetti properly.” Jiyeon laughed as she confessed.

“Whoa yes please! I don’t think I have enough ingredients here, but I can go out to buy them at the supermarket. Can you just list out everything you need?” Sehun excitedly said.

“Wouldn’t it be easier if we go together?” Jiyeon simply suggested.

Upon hearing that, Sehun’s foolish smiled made its appearance again, “Shopping groceries with you?”

“Do you not want me to come along?” Jiyeon pouted.

“I must be crazy if I don’t want to. Let’s go!”

 

            Both Jiyeon and Sehun went for grocery shopping together at the nearby supermarket. They both happily joked around while shopping, as if they had already known each other for long. Once they’re done shopping, both of them exited the market and walked side by side while having a nice long conversation trying to know each other more. Sehun was delighted to know that, just like him, Jiyeon was also a college graduate and she majored in marketing. When they walked passed by the florist, Sehun noticed Jiyeon was attracted by the flowers that were prettily arranged there.

“Which one do you like?” Sehun asked as he stopped walking.

Jiyeon also halted her step, “What do you mean?” She confusedly asked back.

“Which flowers do you like the most?” Sehun repeated his question.

“Oh! I like the yellow tulips. Don’t they look pretty?” She excitedly told Sehun, unsuspicious.

Sehun nodded two times before he made his way straight into the florist. Still carrying the grocery bag, Sehun hardly told the florist which flowers he desired to buy. While he was waiting, Jiyeon suddenly went inside the florist too. She grabbed Sehun’s arm, about to drag him outside with her.

“Wait are you doing now? Didn’t you say you’re hungry just now? Let’s go I’ll cook the spaghetti quickly.” Jiyeon innocently said.

“Wait wait, one minute.” Sehun replied.

“Here are your tulips, sir.” The worker who had just done then said.

“What is this Sehun?” Jiyeon asked again.

“Take it. That’s yours, my gift for you for willing to cook for me.” Sehun answered.

“Really?” Jiyeon hesitantly took the tulips, but she curled a happy smile as her eyes were totally fixed on them, “Thank you Sehun!”

“You’re most welcome.” Sehun said while satisfyingly observed Jiyeon’s happy face.

 

 

***

 

 

“You remembered, Sehun…” Jiyeon said as she was staring at the two tulips in the glass vase on the table right next to the hospital bed. She then sat on the bed while taking a small card next to the vase. Slightly faltered, Jiyeon opened the card and read what was written in it. Tears could be seen forming in her eyes as she read words by words written in a familiar handwriting.

 

“This would probably be the last time you heard from me.
Take care.”

 

Jiyeon gritted her teeth as she re-read the message written on the card a few times, holding the tears from falling down. Out of the blue, someone opened the door from outside and entered the room with light steps. Knowing who’s coming, Jiyeon swiftly slipped the card underneath the pillow and rubbed her eyes to wipe the tears away all at once. She then lifted up her face and smiled at the man who had just come in.

“You’re here, oppa.” She greeted.

“How’s my sweetheart doing today?” He sat next to Jiyeon on the bed and wrapped his right hand around Jiyeon’s shoulder while he held her hand with the other.

“Better, I guess.” Jiyeon answered smiling.

“Oh, the tulips are so pretty. Who gave it to you?”

“I don’t know. From a friend, maybe. They’re already here when I came back from the washroom.” Jiyeon answered, acting ignorant although she knew really well who sent the tulips.

“Probably your secret admire, since you’re so beautiful,” Jongsuk guessed while poking Jiyeon’s nose, “Good news! You will get discharge today. So you’re going to take a good rest at home and make sure to not overwork yourself again after this. Okay? Promise me.” He then added.

“Alright oppa, I promise.” Jiyeon nodded.

“Here, I brought your clothes. Go get dressed and I’ll manage your stuffs here.”

“Okay. I’ll be back.”

 

            Jiyeon was sitting on the chair outside her room, already dressed in her pretty dress Jongsuk brought from home. She was waiting for Jongsuk settling the hospital bill. Being alone, Jiyeon couldn’t help but to get reminded about Sehun, especially after receiving the tulips. She instinctively took out her phone, just in case there’s any miscalls or text message. She sighed loudly seeing zero notifications. She then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter