gone

Gone

 

 

'in that space where memories linger still as warm on my fingertips
you are here, here
your scent, your face'

 

 

a black bmw car rolled into the driveway and parked outside a small cottage. a girl with black hair and dull eyes stepped out from the car. her driver escorted her to the front gate and then bowed to her. she did not notice him greeting her as she pushed herself forward, following the paths that lead her to the cottage carefully.

trees were swaying in the calming breeze and birds flew freely over her head. as soon as she reached the front door, an old butler greeted her. then, she hear piano keys were being played.

"lovely," she whispered and sat at a seat outside the piano class.

inside the same cottage, mingyu sat by the piano, practicing. diligently, he pressed the keys, making a beautiful melody as he played. yet another dull day has passed. he sighed, bored with his mundane life. he didn't want to learn piano or play it but since he was the only son in the kim's family, he had to. it is the family's tradition, they said.

he looked up and his eyes fell upon a girl, walking outside. his playing became faltered as his dark brown eyes trailed the girl when she walked closer and closer towards the front door.

he looked at the girl, lost in thought. the instructor, mr. yoo noticed that his student's thought was wandering and immediately slapped his baton onto the piano, causing mingyu to jump.

"pay less attention to the distraction and more focus to your piece, young man," he said sternly.

mingyu nodded while stuttering, "ye-yes sir."

he continued to play but he couldn't help to steal a glance of her as she took a seat outside the classroom, beside a big glass wall.

he finally finished his piece, grabbed his sheets and walked towards the front door. slipping a pill into his mouth as he walked past the girl. mingyu's head turned when they passed. he wanted to ask something but eventually his bodyguard shoved him toward the car that waited him outside. he walked into the car and its sped off from the driveway to the kim's residence.

mingyu's mind was bobbled up with a lot of questions about the girl he saw at the piano class. being curious he was, he could not help but to ask his most trustable bodyguard, mr. choi, "who's that girl, ahjussi?"

sternly, he replied, "none of our bussiness, young master."

mingyu felt a little down with mr. choi's answer and sighed while looking outside, enjoying the calming view which could lighten him up.

 

 

'please, look at me, look at me, look at me
i can feel you, like this, feel you, feel you
struggling to catch your expressions
struggling to catch your smiles'

 

 

the next day he came to his piano lessons with a happy spirit. after bowing to the butler, he made his way to the cottage.

the girl was already on the piano, practicing. although mingyu couldn't catch the melody that she was playing, he could see that mr. yoo was very frustrated with her. he accidentally hit his baton so hard, causing the candy jar along with the candies inside it to fall

since when there's a candy jar there-

she carefully bent down and trying to locate the fallen candies to pick them up from the floor.

mingyu tilted his head in curiosity as he watched she ran her fingers across the floor.

"the sweets are in front of you, wh-" his tongue clicked as he finally realised something. her blank expression and her eyes that only stare at a direction, his mind slowly glued all the hints together.

he turned to the butler besides him amd asked, "ahjussi, is she...blind?"

the butler only placed his index finger on his lips. mingyu nodded.

as mr. yoo left the room in a huff, mingyu quickly snuck in and sat beside her.

she startled due to sudden pressure that pressed on the chair. mingyu grinned when he saw her reaction then placed his skillful fingers on the piano keys and started playing a song. he looked over and saw her lips curved into a cresent.

after a few walks of cooling off, mr. yoo decided to go back to the girl. on his way there, his ears caught a familiar melody. he stopped and realised that the melody was skillfully done.

"impossible," he whispered, surprised because her skill was terrible. he quickly rushed to the room and saw her sitting on the piano, grinning. he looked around but saw nothing. he scratched the back of his neck and left.

mingyu poked his head out from the right side of the piano. he jerked toward the door and sighed, "that was close."

he tried to stand up but since he has long legs and hid behind the short piano, he got cramps.

"ouch ouch. my legs my legs crampssss," he whimpered in pain. she just chuckled, "just press your feet inwards."

he did that and volia! his cramps were gone. he sat again beside her and played with his fingers before talking to her.

"annyeong," his voice was a bit shaky and his cheeks had a little shade of pink.

"hi," she replied, not looking at his direction.

"i'm mingyu. your name is?" he stuck his hand out but immediately pulled it back because he remembered that she's blind. he mentally hit himself.

"my name is baena. nice to meet you," she smiled. mingyu felt his cheeks were heating up.

"nice to meet yo- urgh," a sharp pain in his heart made him winced.

baena looked alarmed, "what's wrong? do your legs got cramps again?"

"ani," mingyu shook his head and swallowed a pill into his mouth. he looked at the candy jar in front of him.

"say aaaa~" mingyu took a round strawberry hard candy and put it into . his index finger accidentally touched her pink lips, making him smile like an idiot.

 

 

'how am I supposed to erase you alone and live
in those moments where we once walked together
like that, the things we made beside each other
even the memories, even those regrets'

 

 

mingyu came to the cottage quite early than usual. he went to the waiting spot and saw baena was inside, practicing a song.

mr. yoo was nowhere to be seen, so mingyu snuck in and sat beside her. 
he made her startled again amd chuckled to see such reaction. cute, he thought.

"annyeong, baena."

her lips curved a small smile when she knew the owner of the voice was. she replied, "hello to you too, mingyu-ssi."

"what song are you playing?" he asked.

she pulled her fingers from the keys and put them on her lap.

"it should be 'river flow in you' but with my skills, hahaha it doesn't sound like it," she bitterly smiled while fidgeting with her fingers.

mingyu held her hands and placed them on top the keys then placed his fingers on top of hers.

"i'll teach you, ok?"

she nodded happily.

 

 

'lingered there with me, missing you so much
please, look at me, look at me, look at me
as ever, i can feel you, feel you, feel you'

 

 

"you. stay here," mingyu told baena to stay at her spot right now while scanning for his bodyguards.

"the coast is clear. ppalli," he waved in front of baena. she just blinked innocently. mingyu facepalmed himself and pulled her out from their hiding which was behind the cottage and he lead her to a small but beautiful backyard.

mingyu and baena took their seat on a wooden bench there. their faces were plastered with big smiles and pink shades on their cheeks.

"mingyu-ssi. c-can i touch your face? i know it's so awkward but i want to memorize it. y-you don't have agree with it anyway. i understand why," she stammered as she was fidgeting with her fingers and mingyu took one of her hands then placed it on his face.

her face lightened as she trailed the features of mingyu's face.

"woah, your eyelashes are so long," she commented. mingyu chuckled all the way.

mingyu then took her right hand and placed it at his chest. baena felt his increasing heartbeat as well as hers. mingyu groaned as the sharp pain was unbearable. he shoved into his pocket and took out a bottle of pills.

in the another of the backyard, mingyu's bodyguard spotted them. he took out his mobilephone and dialed a few numbers.

"i saw young master with the girl," he slienced. "yes, i am sure of it."

 

 

'merely resembling your words
merely resembling your smiles
merely resembling you'

 

 

he was about to eat his pills when suddenly he was pulled roughly, making his bottle slipped from his grip. mingyu struggled and screamed in protest as he was dragged by the bodyguards.

baena on the other hand stumbled forwards and fell on her palms and knees. she blindly ran her fingers on the ground and accidentally touched his pills. she slowly stood up while picking it up. grabbing the pills very hard as she cried, "mingyu-ssi, what happen? where are you?"

"yahh! let me GO!!" he screamed, escaped from their grasp and tried to hold baena's hands.

he was just within the fingertips reach of her but the bodyguards caught up with him, dragging him off. the voice of his shouting slowly died down and the backyard became completely in silent again.

"mingyu-ssi..." she pleaded as tears escaped from her eyes, "why..."

 

 

'in the place where we were together
in the moment where i resembled you
when it felt too good being soaked in the rain
you are gone, gone
how am i supposed to erase you alone and live
when i miss you so much'

 

 

minutes became hours. hours became days and days became weeks. since that day, mingyu neither came to the piano class nor the cottage anymore. baena had been longing his presence everyday and hoped that he would come back.

she diligently practiced the song as the time passed and wished that she could play it to mingyu. 

mr. yoo was impressed with her improvement and decided to send her to a piano competition. not the grand one obviously, as she was still new.

baena was delightful to hear such news and became more and more hardworking. her piano lessons not only on the day, she too had lessons and practises in the night. so every weekend she will sleep at the guest room provided by mr. yoo near the piano lesson room. her butler was also there to accompany and take care of her.

 

 

'your name, which i was barely allowed to speak, can’t be erased
my name, only used by you, is asleep here'

 

 

baena was resting in her room when she heard soft footsteps that walking towards the room beside hers. she hurriedly made her way towards the door and went outside.

she placed her right ear onto the door, listening a familiar melody played inside. she smiled because it was the piece that she was practicing, 'river flows in you' and that means one thing. mingyu was back.

"mingyu-ssi, is that you?" her hands were searching for the knob. "finally-"

'BANG!'

her eyes enlarged when she heard the loud bang. she tried to locate where the knob was but then she was pushed away from the door by mr. yoo as he too heard the loud bang and barged into the room. seeing his best student slumped on the piano, he called for mr. choi. baena stood there, clueless with her surroundings. she was trying to patch everything up and not to cry.

as mr.choi carried mingyu into the car, mr. yoo found a small piece of note that stuck between the c1 and d1 keys. he took it and read it sliently.

mr. yoo, thank you for everything. tell baena that i like her and do finish the piece for me because i know i wont make it. thank you so much

he hung his head low as he took a seat at the piano. he continued the piece that mingyu was playing just now until the end. he then stood up while closing the piano. he looked up and saw baena, not moving from her spot. he walked towards her and told her, "go to sleep, baena."

baena nodded. mr. yoo then patted her shoulder and climbed up the stairs.

"sir," she called, causing the called one to stop his steps.

"where is mingyu?"

mr. yoo took a deep breath, "he's gone, baena."

"oh. goodnight, sir," she bowed to mr. yoo and went to her room. she smiled painfully as tears flowed. she took out his bottle of pills and clutched it tightly.

"goodbye, dear first love."

 

 

 

 

'in the place where we were together
in those moments where we could’ve walked together
i’m holding onto myself alone
in this place, even our future, my wishes have stopped
i’m standing here and you are

 

 

 

gone...'

T H E  E N D

jjang~ thank you for reading tho <3

one