CHAPTER V

A Ring...BUT not for you T^T

Running after Sungyeol, Yuta got hold of Sungyeol after a while.

“Sungyeol…” Yuta pulled the running boy. When the said boy turned around, his heart crushed. There were tears in those big doe eyes. Yuta pulled Sungyeol in a tight bear hug.

“Take me home, Yu. I don’t think I can compose myself for too long.” Sungyeol requested.

Obliging to his friend’s request, he took the tall boy to his apartment.

As soon as he entered the room, Sungyeol burst out crying.

“Why Yu…why? Was he cheating on me all this time? Did he find someone else, that’s why I felt the distance? Was all the sweet talks we had yesterday a farewell? I don’t understand Yu, I don’t think I have done any mistake for him to find another person. When he was with me, I always felt so much love from him.” Sungyeol was clutching Yuta’s shirt so tight and the tears made it wet but that was least of Yuta’s concern.

“There must be some misunderstanding. Seeing him so broken when you left the scene, I am sure this is all some sort of confusion.” Yuta tried to comfort the weeping boy.

Sobbing for a long time, Sungyeol finally fell asleep at the couch. Yuta covered the shivering boy with a blanket and went to make a phone call.

“Meet me at our place, right now.”

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

Though Yuta didn’t want to leave Sungyeol in that miserable condition, finding out the truth was equally important. And seeing his boyfriend with Myungsoo surely meant he could get something out of Taeyong.

Rather than feeling cold by the chill midnight air, Yuta was getting impatient waiting for the next person who came there panting after a while.

“Explain.” Yuta commanded as soon as he saw Taeyong.

Taeyong felt guilty helping Myungsoo to create a big mess seeing his condition now and after he met Sungjong, he felt worse. But he was sure that the decision to help his friend was the biggest mistake of his life when he saw Sungyeol and Myungsoo both so broken up earlier. He thought that he had not been a good friend, else he would have suggested Myungsoo to confront Sungjong instead of helping him out to carry out the misleading plan. So, he was ready to do anything to help mend the situation. Knowing his boyfriend was friend of Myungsoo’s boyfriend made up a little hope on Taeyong. He explained the entire situation and also informed Yuta about Myungsoo’s condition now. He has lost all his senses after Sungyeol departed.

Taeyong was so very sorry, “If only I had stopped him at the first place, this day would not have come. I am a black hole in the name of friendship.” Taeyong clutched his head so bad, seeing that made Yuta feel painful as well.

“Saranghae.” Yuta said making Taeyong get up from his seat and look at Yuta as if he has heard something ridiculous.

Taeyong was just staring at Yuta so, to confirm it, Yuta said again, “Saranghae. All the things you did was to help your friend so, don’t blame yourself. Both of them love each other truly so I am sure they will come to an understanding. I am just worried about Sungjong now.”

As much as Taeyong was disheartened by the entire situation, he was so happy, he felt lucky to have a boyfriend like Yuta. He hugged the insanely handsome boy in front and smiled fully for the first time in the whole day. He was so grateful towards Yuta for not despising him but instead having a calm mindset about the situation. He could not get any words to express his feeling so he just hugged his boyfriend tightly and felt the warmth radiating from him.

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

Luckily Sungyeol was still sleeping when Yuta returned to the apartment. He prepared Sungyeol’s favorite Radish beef soup before waking up the sleeping fairy.

“Yeol ah, wake up.” Yuta whispered.

Being the sensitive person, Sungyeol immediately woke up with a swollen eyes and severe headache and heartache as well.

“Here, I have prepared your favorite soup.” Yuta handed his bestie a bowl of soup.

“I don’t have any appetite, Yu.” Sungyeol didn’t like to eat anything.

To be honest, he wanted to keep on sleeping and not wake up until he can confront the truth.

Knowing that Sungyeol can be as stubborn as a little kid asking his mom to buy his favorite toy, Yuta didn’t put any effort.

“Okay. No pressure. Earlier I met with Taeyong, my boyfriend, and he told me something interesting.” Sungyeol raised his eyebrows at this.

But Yuta continued anyway, “You are very aware of Myungsoo’s clumsiness right. So, if I tell you, the scene you saw yesterday is nothing but a proof of your boyfriend being epic clumsy, then would you believe?”

“I don’t understand what are you going to tell me, Yuta, but if you are saying he cheated on me due to his clumsiness, I better sleep.” Sungyeol didn’t understand what his bestie was telling but he didn’t want to hear any nonsense regarding Myungsoo right now.

“Do you believe in me?” Yuta asked seriously.

Yuta rarely speaks in that tone unless he is in middle of his business so, Sungyeol replied, “I do. Now be quick to tell me your things.”

Yuta had a cheeky smile while beginning the story. After listening to the whole ordeal, Sungyeol face palmed himself. “What to do with this phabo!”

“Anyways, I sympathy with Sungjong the most right now.” Yuta expressed his concern.

“Ah, that’s right. One-sided love is painful and moreover when your little hope gets crushed down, you feel terrible.” Sungyeol too agreed.

“Hey, do you have Sungjong’s number. I want to talk to him properly and apologize on behalf of Myung.” Sungyeol asked suddenly.

“I don’t have. But I guess Taeyong can get it.”

“Oh, please. Ask if he can get it.”

“Wait a sec.”

Taeyong immediately received Yuta’s call.

“Hey, how’s Sungyeol?” Was the first question Taeyong asked.

“He is perfectly fine and wants to talk to Sungjong. Do you have his number?” Yuta asked.

Taeyong was speechless by the answer.

“Really?! I mean Myungsoo is still the same as yesterday. He has not even drank a single drop of water and sitting in the couch without moving an inch. He has neither slept nor eaten anything, just staring at the floor. I am so worried for him.” Taeyong didn’t know what to do with the living mannequin.

“He deserves that. Anyway, after listening the whole thing, Yeol is fine, since he is very well aware of Myung’s silliness. He wants to talk to Sungjong now, so can you get me his number.” Yuta said rolling his eyes. He is a bit mad at Myungsoo for hurting his best friend like that.

“That means he is not angry with Myung? Omo…I am going to tell him so that he can come into motion.”

“You dare not. Let him be like that for a while. Just get me the number. Yeol will decide when to forgive him.” Yuta warned.

“Nae, nae. I don’t have the number but I can get it from Myung’s phone. Glad that at least one person is sane in this relationship.” Taeyong breathe air of relief.

“He is my friend after all. You and your friend both are clumsy. You are not less than Myungsoo, you know right. Falls upside down, hits himself in the wall, breaks things, aigoo… the list goes on. Poor me and Yeol, we have to deal with such kids.” Yuta sighed.

“Yah…I am not that clumsy.” Taeyong tried to defend himself.

“Ten, Jaehyun and Winwin fills me with the story of your foolish activities at work and outside, when you are not with me, you can’t lie to so many people.” Yuta smirked though his boyfriend couldn’t see.

“Those betrayers! I thought them to be my best friends.” Taeyong surely was pouting, Yuta knew that and wanted to pinch that cute face so bad.

“Aigoo, my Tae-Tae is being cutie pie!”

Sungyeol on the other hand was getting impatient, “Yah, you love birds, can you flirt later on and get some work done first.”

Yuta fake glared at the third wheel, “Taeyongie, let’s talk later on when there are no any crybabies. For now get me the number, someone is dying to clear things with his hubby!”

“Arraso. These two are such a troublemakers!” Taeyong was going through Myungsoo’s contact list.

“Keke…I know right!” Yuta smiled making Sungyeol get more impatient.

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

Sungjong could not sleep the whole night. He recalled all the incidents from that one faithful day when he misunderstood the situation. He thought himself to be fool.

“By seeing how devastated Myungsoo looked after his boyfriend left him, I am sure Myungsoo loves him so much. Being in a relationship with someone from the first year of University till date is a long time which itself proves how strong is their feeling for each other. Thinking about it from another way, Myungsoo is actually a kind-hearted person, if not he could have rejected me at the first place. But instead he tried to show himself bad so that I would not feel dejected. If I never had or have a chance in his love-life, why should I bother to create hitch in their relationship.” Many thoughts were wandering in his mind.

 

 

After getting the number, Sungyeol was afraid Sungjong would reject to meet him. But luckily he accepted.

Sungyeol reached the Infinite_Only Café first as he was nervous to face Sungjong.

When Sungjong arrived, the first thing Sungyeol noticed was the dark circles around those beautiful big eyes of the blonde boy. Sungjong too noticed the swollen eyes of the other. Both felt guilty towards each other.

“I am sorry.”

“I am sorry.”

The sound was heard in unison. So, they both looked at each other and smiled.

“I am sorry for all the trouble caused by Myungsoo.”

“I am sorry for all the trouble caused by my misunderstanding.”

Both said at the same time once again.

This time they both laughed heartily.

“Why are you both apologizing when the real culprit is here.”  Taeyong dragged surprised Myungsoo to the table.

“Y...Yeol…S…Sungjong…H..How…W..What’s…” Myungsoo didn’t know what was happening around since he was staring at the most beautiful floor for 24 hours.  

“Come here, Myungie. You better apologize to Sungjong properly.” Sungyeol demanded.

“I am extremely sorry Sungjong. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I never want to see anyone sad due to me but here I am creating suffering to everyone.” Myungsoo was surprised himself at how he didn’t stammer even once, maybe the presence of Sungyeol itself is a great strength to him.

“It’s okay Myungsoo. I cannot even imagine if you rejected me in front of all of our classmates, they would have teased me my whole life. It’s better this way.” Sungjong said with a smile comforting all the people at the table. Because not only Sungyeol and Myungsoo but Yuta and Taeyong also felt sympathy towards the bright boy.

Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol, “I am sorry, Yeolie. I hurt you, but I didn’t want to hurt you as well and moreover regret loving the clumsiest being on the planet so, I tried to hide everything causing you pain.”

By the worn out look in Myungsoo’s face, Sungyeol wanted to hug the silly boy but not right now when Sungjong is still heart-broken.

“Should we punish him for hurting so many people Sungjong?” Sungyeol tried to lighten up the mood.

“The lost of radiance from his face is already showing that he has had enough of the punishment.” Sungjong stated.

“You’re being too kind Sungjong. I think we should let him do something.” Sungyeol started to tickle Myungsoo who was having a hard time controlling his laughter.

Yuta scolded them, “Yah..stop flirting you two. You are making us look like a third wheel.”

At the same time, Sungjong saw Ren looking for an empty seat to have coffee.

“Ren, here.” Sungjong invited his friend to the table.

“Hey Jongie. Hello Myungsoo.” The pretty boy greeted.

“Hello.” Myungsoo greeted but he feared a bit since Ren was there when the incident happened and he is here now.

Before the atmosphere gets awkward, Sungjong introduced, “This is Sungyeol, Myungsoo’s boyfriend. And they are Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s friend.”

“Ah…hello.” Ren greeted all. He wanted to ask, how come someone else is Myungsoo’s boyfriend when he has proposed to Sungjong but saved the question for later.

Sungjong got a call then.

“Yeah..is it urgent? Okay, I will come there immediately.”

With a remorseful look Sungjong said, “Sorry guys. I need to go home. There is some urgent situation. Let’s meet some other time as well. And wish you both a happy life ahead.”

“Oh..you are leaving?” Sungyeol wanted to talk to him more clearly but he understood that the other person wanted to leave the place as soon as possible.

“Then coming Tuesday is the Seoul Fashion Week and I am one of the model there. If you get time, I would love to invite you to the event.” Sungyeol offered him his card and the ticket for the show.

“Thank you. I have always loved to know about the latest fashion. I will surely come.”

With this both Sungjong and Ren left the table.

 

 

 

 

Coming outside, Sungjong asked Ren “Can you take me to the park?”

Surprised Ren asked, “Aren’t you in hurry? There was some important work at home, I guess.”  

“Nope. It was just Aron calling. I wanted to get out of there.” Sungjong sighed.

Hesitantly Ren asked, “About earlier…what was all that about?”
“Oh that. Sungyeol is Myungsoo’s boyfriend. They have been going out since the beginning of the university and the ring was actually for Sunggyu and Woohyun’s wedding, not for me. I misunderstood and Myungsoo didn’t want to hurt me so, he played along. That’s it. I could never be more than a friend for him.” Sungjong’s sad eyes made Ren want to hug the miserable boy. And he did it. He caught Sungjong in a bear hug.

“No need to worry Jongie as long as I am with you. I saw you so happy when Myungsoo proposed to you so, I thought I would be content if you were joyful. But my heart always ached when I thought you be with someone else. I had been hiding this feeling for a long time but now I don’t want it to be kept inside. Sungjongie, will you give me a chance?” Ren said sincerely looking at Sungjong’s eyes.

“You know that I am freshly heart-broken.” Sungjong was startled by the sudden confession but he was glad, maybe.

“I know. And I am ready to wait until you can accept me. I have waited so long already, little more would not hurt. You can take your time, Jongie.” Ren smiled warmly.

“Why didn’t I fall in love with you at first place?! If only our heart was as intelligent as our mind.” Sungjong was distressed but Ren made him feel better.

 

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

 

Sungyeol and Myungsoo got dressed for WooGyu’s wedding. Both of them looked stunning in the black tuxedo with a white border, it’s Yuta’s design after all.

When they arrived at the venue, there were so many hustle and bustle. MyungYeol went to congratulate the marrying couple. But Sunggyu immediately pulled Myungsoo aside.

“Did you talk with Yeollie? Is the thing resolved?” Sunggyu asked since both of them are very dear to him.

“Yes. Guess I was afraid for nothing. Both Sungyeol and Sungjong took the situation calmly. If only I could be braver earlier. Thanks a ton, Gyu. You motivated me a lot.” Myungsoo hugged the handsome groom.

The Kim Brothers had not even reached till Woohyun but they could already hear his voice.

“Yah, how could you two look so fabulous. People will get confused who are the real grooms. And why wear such fancy tuxedo?! Are you guys planning on outshining us?” Woohyun was complaining.

“It’s not my fault that I am this handsome. And stop acting like a kid, you are getting married already.” Sungyeol loved teasing the other.

“Woohyun ah, you are shining bright, the dress, hair and your style compliments you perfectly.” Myungsoo tired to cool down the jumping boy.

“Really! Thank Myungie. You’re the best. Yeol ah, learn something from your boyfriend.” Woohyun suggested.

“Okay, okay. Greasy ball. Congrats once again and to be honest, both of you look outstanding today.” Sungyeol said honestly.

While Woohyun was praising Myungsoo, Sunggyu hugged Sungyeol, “I knew that you would understand. Take care of our clumsy friend.”

“No problem. He is in safe hands.” Sungyeol assured Sunggyu. He envied their relation at times because they took care of each other so much. Even in such haste situation, if he is worried about Myungsoo’s problem, the friendship is surely amazing.

“Huh…did I miss something?” Woohyun was curious.

“I’ll tell you later.” Sunggyu assured Woohyun.

 

 

 

 

Dongwoo hid behind Hoya because he was too afraid to face Sungyeol.

“Yah, Dino ya. Come here. How dare you suggest such stupid plans.” Sungyeol was about to grab Dongwoo but Hoya defended, “We are so sorry Yeollie. As much as I wanted them to stop, you know how our mind does not function properly in case of emergencies. Please don’t hate on us.” Hoya was pleading.

“I was just kidding Hoya. Why do you take everything seriously? Whatever you guys did was only to help Myungsoo. I am glad we have such great friends like you guys.” Sungyeol laughed seeing Hoya loosen his breathe.

“I knew Yeollie is an angel.” Dongwoo jumped in front with the new found confidence.

“But not if you suggest dense ideas again.”

All of them could finally laugh from their heart.

Myungsoo had never felt as frightened as yesterday when Sungyeol left him. He tip-toed to whisper in Sungyeol’s ear, “Saranghae” making the tall model smile ear to ear.

 

 


 

A/N : Since the deadline for the contest is tomorrow, this became lonnng last chapter. So, please let me know what you think about it through the comments^^ And as English is not my first language, errors might be seen here and there but please bear with me…Khamsamnida…everybody <3  

Thank you so much to all my lovely readers, valuable subscribers, precious upvoters and marvelous commentators, you guys are angles sent on Earth for me :)) Each of you have brought a great joy to me! Wish you all a very very very great time ahead~

On other note, why is Dongwoo getting hate >< I wonder what is wrong in dating! Are idols not a normal person, don’t they go through feelings as each of us, so why diss him. If the dating scandal is really true and he is serious, then I fully support him. After all, he deserves all the love and I am glad to see many Inspirit chinggus supporting him. That’s why I love this family. We are fans of one of the most humble group in entire Kpop so, we must hold that pride. We are known as the most disciplined fandom so, let us support our Angel, Happy Virus, Daily dose of Vitamin Jang Dongwoo~