CHAPTER III

A Ring...BUT not for you T^T

Myungsoo woke up with a heavy headache and a deep pain in his heart. He felt so empty, as if an important part of him was missing. He drank the water from his bedside table and took the photo that was next to him. He sighed seeing the happy faces of his and his boyfriend, it was taken in the day of his graduation.

Then without even a second delay, he called Sungyeol.

“Please meet me at our usual place at 11:00.”

“Nae.” Sungyeol agreed.

Just that one simple word made his heart race so bad. He became ready and went to the place half an hour earlier with a bouquet of daisy, Sungyeol’s favorite flower. After a while, the love of his life made the entrance at the park making the whole world seem bright.

“Yeollie! I missed you so much.” Myungsoo hugged the elder boy so tightly as if his life depended on it.

Sungyeol is by now familiar with the clingy behavior of the younger but today he seemed to do it a lot more. Anyway he is not going to complain since he too missed Myungsoo equally, if not more.

“Yeollie, saranghae.” Myungsoo whispered in Sungyeol’s crook of neck.

Sungyeol had that big bright smile decorating is his face. He too whispered back, “Na du saranghae.”

After being seated at the chair and handing over the bouquet, Myungsoo started, “Today I had a bad dream.”

Myungsoo had a hurtful expression that made Sungyeol to wonder what could have been that bad. He wanted to know what made his boyfriend look so pitiful.

“What was it, Myungie?! But whatever it is, dreams are just dreams, don’t get so worked up on it.” Sungyeol arranged Myungsoo’s bangs that were threatening to poke his eyes.

“Promise me Sungyeol. You will not leave me. I know I am clumsy and do many irrational things but this is who I am. Please don’t get tired of me. If you happen to hear something from others or see me in some strange situation, please first confirm with me. Don’t come to conclusion on your own. I love you so much Yeollie, please remember that and trust me. I’ll try to change myself and be more serious.” Myungsoo was holding Sungyeol’s hand as if his life depended on it.

Sungyeol was astonished by the out of blue pouring of words but nonetheless made a promise.
“Did you dream of me leaving you?! That’s why the first thing you did after waking up is call me..huh. Silly Myungie! It’s just a dream, I am never ever going to leave you. I know all your flaws but that makes you who you are and I love each of your imperfection.” Sungyeol kissed Myungsoo’s hand to show him his earnest emotion.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Sunggyu and Woohyun were busy at the most since the wedding is already the day after tomorrow! They needed to check everything so that there won’t be any complaints from anyone.

“Hang up the lights a bit higher!” Sunggyu was shouting to everyone in front when his phone started to ring.

“Oh..Myungsoo ah! I can’t talk to you right now, I am super busy. Let’s meet tomorrow itself.” Sunggyu was about to hang up, but the sobbing voice of Myungsoo made his hand hold in the air.

“What’s the matter, Myungsoo? What happened?” Sunggyu was worried to death.

“Gyu, I messed up a big time!” Myungsoo didn’t want to disturb the groom but he felt so helpless at the moment.

“Tell me what you did?!”

“I…I…”

“Come here right now. I want to listen to you carefully.” Sunggyu ordered. Though he was super busy, he can always manage time for his dear ones.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

About 25 minutes later, Myungsoo was sitting in front of Sunggyu.

Unlike Hoya and Dongwoo, Sunggyu is a strict and rational person. He doesn’t listen only to his heart but also thinks from his brain. He is like a young wise man, full of advices.

After listening to the whole situation, Sunggyu sighed, “You really are the epitome of clumsiness.”

“I know.” Myungsoo admitted.

“It’s a wrong start from the beginning. But if you keep on lying more, it will only lead you to pile of lies because lying only postpones the truth, it doesn't make it go away. Tell him that you don’t love him and you already have a boyfriend. I know telling things directly can put Sungjong in pain but finding out the truth later will hurt him even more.”

“It’s easy to tell Gyu but how can I tell the person who had crush on me from the first year of university till this day. Along with being classmates, we also shared the art class together. He helped me a lot to improve my skills. I thought he was a nice guy who loved helping people. But not even once it crossed my mind that he likes me. He is always cheerful with everyone and he is a merry boy who used to talk with all. So, I never thought…”

Cutting Myungsoo in the middle, Sunggyu said, “Not only you are clumsy but you are stupid as well. We all, me, Hoya, Dongwoo and Woohyun knew that Sungjong had the crush on you. He is a good person but the way he helped others and you were totally different. Who the hell would copy all the notes of teacher for his friend when he is absent? Even I didn’t do that for Woohyun, I simply used to give him my note to copy. But he used to copy those all for you. But you were too blind to notice anything since you, your mind, your soul were always occupied by Yeollie.”

“That’s why, Gyu. It’s hard for me to tell him directly, I don’t want to hurt the person who treasured me so much. It would have been easy if it was anyone else, but Sungjong…” Myungsoo sighed.

“I understand but sometimes the right decision is the difficult decision. It will be hard now but think if you will reject him tomorrow when he will fall for you deeper or what if Sungyeol finds out!” Myungsoo shook his head vigorously but Sunggyu continued, “To prevent such situation, it’s better late than never.”

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

Coming back to the room he thought carefully. Caressing the cheeks of Sungyeol’s picture in his wallpaper, he remembered the fond memory of the beginning of their love story.

 

Flashback:

Mark had been Myungsoo’s neighbor for 2 years now and they had build close friendship till that time but he decided to get back to his hometown in Canada since he missed his home, friends and family. Myungsoo felt sad for days, he missed Mark and his cute English and various antics. After a week, the room was occupied by someone else.

So, he went to greet the new neighbor so that he would have someone to talk to. But when the door opened, he saw a handsome person with a bright smile and beautiful eyes standing there like an angel sent from heaven. He was totally mesmerized by the tall model like boy.

The smile in the new neighbor’s face slowly started to fade away and was replaced with a confused look when Myungsoo just kept on staring at him. Realizing his situation, Myungsoo got himself together.

“Ah…I..I am Kim Myungsoo. I live in the next room. Welcome to the apartment.” Myungsoo put his hand forward for a handshake.

With a firm handshake, the new neighbor replied, “Hello. My name is Lee Sungyeol. Originally from Yongin, living here since the university is near.”

From that day on, they became close friends. Myungsoo instantly fell in love with his new friend but the other party had no idea about that at all. Sungyeol was just glad to have good friend in Seoul.

 

On Valentine Day, Myungsoo wanted to try out his luck. He made some cookies and chocolates on his own, since he wanted his taste to make Sungyeol feel like home.

After returning from college, Myungsoo dressed up in his best style and then headed to Sungyeol’s room.

“Hey Myungsoo, come on in!” Sungyeol welcomed the very frequent visitor.

“What are you doing, Yeol?”

“Nothing. Just freshening up. Do you want some coffee? Or are you heading to somewhere? You are dressed up so handsomely today! Going on a date…huh!” Sungyeol teased Myungsoo making him uncomfortable.

“No…I…I made these for you. Hope you like it.” Keeping the cookies at the table, he went out of the door.

This is the first time Myungsoo left the room so quick, but maybe he is in hurry for his date. Sungyeol thought.

Opening the bag, he found the cookies and the chocolate in heart shape. Sungyeol was astonished by them.

Does this mean…does he perhaps…Myungsoo likes me! It can’t be possible right!

Sungyeol was in the dilemma thinking what could be the meaning of the gifts on the Valentine’s Day. He remembered all the times they spent together, how Myungsoo was always there for him, how he never knew when time passed while they were together and so many things. But he never expected something like a relationship between them.

The next day, Sungyeol couldn’t face Myungsoo at all. Yesterday’s gifts are like a proposal so, he needs to answer him. Therefore, he avoided the situation as much as possible. He was not sure if he could accept Myungsoo more than a friend or is he happy with the current status.

So, he went his home to take a break. Four days of avoiding and three days of home stay kind of made him miss Myungsoo so much. Thinking back, he never once got bored when with Myungsoo and they were so comfortable with everything.

Startling him like some sort of thunder, Daeyeol’s voice boomed in the entire rooftop.

“Hey hyung, carry your cell along. It was ringing so loudly for don’t know how many times. Answer it.” Daeyeol passed the ringing device to the elder.


“Hey Myungsoo…” Sungyeol received the call with a thumping heart.

“Hey Sungyeol.” Myungsoo answered. In the background, he heard someone shouting Oh..that cookie boy! followed by a loud Ouch.

“Um..yeah..what were you saying?” Sungyeol inquired.

“Oh..the thesis proposal we wrote last time, I left that in your room so, I wanted to  know when are you returning.”

“Ah..I’ll be there tomorrow. Is it urgent, like do you need it right now?”

“No. Okay then, see you tomorrow.”

The call ended so shortly. Sungyeol wanted to hear more from him.

 

 

On the other hand, Myungsoo was so very furious. How dare he tell others about my cookie. And what…cookie boy! Hmph! If you don’t like me, tell me directly, no need to run away and moreover why tell others about it…I am just going to get my thesis and then never care him.

 

 

The next day, as soon as Sungyeol reached his room, he called Myungsoo.

Returning from the college, Myungsoo straight went to get his belongings. He didn’t care about his look that day since he was still angry with the tall boy but deep down, he wished Sungyeol would accept him somehow.

“Hey Myungsoo, come on in!” Sungyeol welcomed.

“Hey. Can I get my stuffs.” Myungsoo wanted to avoid the awkward situation.

“Are you in a hurry?” Sungyeol felt a bit disheartened.

Before hearing Myungsoo’ answer, Sungyeol offered, “Let’s have some coffee, nae! I have bought some delicious muffins on the way.”

After finishing their snacks in silence, Sungyeol handed Myungsoo a bag.

“What’s this?” Myungsoo was confused.

“You can see for yourself.”

Opening the bag, he saw a box and a card.

First he picked the card and inside it was written,

 

Maybe I am a bit dumb,

But seeing you makes me so numb.

Though I realized my feelings late,

Please don’t be displeased yet.

 

 

Happiness I feel when we’re together,

I want this to last forever.

I don’t know when and how,

Know that you’re the MVP for me now.

 

Myungsoo felt extreme ecstasy flowing through his body. He was smiling seeing the card only so, Sungyeol interrupted, “Uh..hmm..see the box as well.”

Myungsoo quickly opened the box and saw couple cups, with the picture of two of them smiling brightly. Sungyeol took one of them and handed the other one to Myungsoo. The younger was speechless. To cover the coyness, Sungyeol said, “Better drink the coffee in that cup daily, arraso!”

“Roger sir! I am going to follow all your commands!” Myungsoo said in a teasing way.

“Just shut up!”

“So this means Yes to my proposal, right!”

“What proposal?” Sungyeol played innocent.

“That, you would be my Valentine!”

“It’s already been a week that the day has passed.”

“Writing love poems, making these cheesy cups and still refusing..hmm!”
“I am Cheesy! You cookie boy! Who prepared the handmade cookie first! Give them back to me, if you find it cheesy.”

Sungyeol was about to get the cup from Myungsoo but he stood up in the couch and shouted, “Get it, if you can.”

There was a small act of wrestling before Sungyeol landed on couch with Myungsoo on top.

Sungyeol was struggling to get Myungsoo away but the younger pinned his hands. Myungsoo came in closer and closer to his face making Sungyeol feel nervous and excited at the same time.

Myungsoo looked into Sungyeol’s eyes intently as if asking permission. When he didn’t get any response, Myunsgoo caught Sungyeol’s lips. That was a quick peck but both of them were electrified by the sweet sensation.

Sungyeol smiled at Myungsoo which was a positive response Myungsoo was looking forward to. He wanted more of Sungyeol so, he went for a full on kiss but not before placing the cup safely on the table alongside.

 

 


 

 

A/N: How did you guys find my attempt in writing a poem?! I had not thought of making Yeol confess his feeling through poem, so it’s just made out of a blue.

Anyway, thank goodness Yeol have not found out till this day, let’s see Myung listens to Gyu’s advice.

And I am happy that INFINITE are now appearing in V App more frequently than before^^

And most importantly thank you to all the readers, subscribers and commentators who provide me enormous strength to carry on…  //90 degree bow//