Why does it bother me so much?

Tall Doyeon
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Doyeon was tall.
And Doyeon didn't like it.
A lot of people say that being tall is better than being short, but Doyeon didn't think so.


She hated how she stood out in every group photo they took. She hated how every time she wore insoles or heels she looked like a giant next to everyone, even Nayoung, who used to be taller than her.
She hated how big she looked around everyone.

And the worst is that she was growing taller. 

Why can't she be cute and little like the others? Or just like Nayoung or Somi, they were tall but not a tree like her.

Doyeon felt it was stupid to be feel so insecure about this, she even heard a lot of people talking how she's lucky because of her height. But she just didn't like it and unfortunately she couldn't do anything about it.
 
Doyeon kept this thoughts through the week and started to feel more and more insecure. Her lack of energy in the house didn't pass unnoticed by the members, and they started to get worried about her.
 
In the living room of their house Doyeon was watching tv, but all they had was boring, and she was starting to feel sleepy. So she stood up and without saying a word she went to her room to take a nap.

Chungha who was in the kitchen noticed that Doyeon lately doesn't talk much, and keeps staying in her room.

 "Do you know why Doyeon looks so down?" Asked Chungha to Yoojung, who was as lost as her.

 "No idea, she hasn't talked with me, and I'm getting worried"

 "Try to speak to her... or at least try to distract her" said Sejeong also concerned.

 "I will" yoojung stood up from the table, grabbed two cereal bars and went to their room.

Yoojung carefully opened the door in case her friend was sleeping but saw she was in her phone. She entered the room and sat in the bed where Doyeon was laying.

"Hey" said Yoojung.

"Hi" replied Doyeon still seeing her phone.

"Are you hungry?"

"Not really..."

"Doyeon I haven't seen you eat for the whole day"

"But I'm bored of the cereal bars"

"You know we can't eat a lot when we are promoting, so just eat it"

"I don't want to" said Doyeon who was now looking at Yoojung.

"Stop being a whiny baby"

"But Yoojung..." said Doyeon pouting.

 "Eat it and maybe tomorrow we can go out to eat something"

 "Really?!" Said Doyeon really happy.

 "Yeah" Yoojung gave the cereal bar to Doyeon and both of them started eating.

They fell into silence and Yoojung was thinking if she should ask Doyeon what was bothering her or not. In the other hand Doyeon was thinking about what she saw in her phone. She was so tall that her head was cut off the photo, and other in which she looked so big next to Yoojung. She understands that when you are tall everything about you is bigger but she dislikes how big her legs look compared to others, she hates looking like a giant.
 
 "What are you thinking?" Asked Yoojung interrupting Doyeon's thoughts.

"Nothing, just something stupid" and smiled trying to reassure Yoojung.
 
 "If it's stupid why lately you look so sad?"
 
"I'm not"
 
"Doyeon you barely eat, you stay in the room almost the whole day and barely talk with us" Doyeon just stared at Yoojung. She really didn't notice how much it affected her that stupid insecurity she has and was actually embarrassed to tell her best friend.

"You know" said Yoojung "it is better to share what you feel, if you keep it, it will just grown inside you"
 
"It's just that... ugh it is so stupid, I will feel better tomorrow so don't worry" 

"If it makes you not be the talkative Doyeon I know it's b

Please log in to read the full chapter