One

The Girl Next Door

There was a hooting of an owl nearby, as a shiver ran down her spine due to the cool breeze determined to speed of quickly without a slight glance back. This town was nothing but an unfamiliar home to her. She didn’t like it at all. She dragged her feet to move thru the shadowy street. Everytime she heard something, she suddenly jumped up in fright and look around to see what had caused the noise. She was jumpy and paranoid. Her dark as night hair was straight and it drifted into her face, her opaque dark chocolate eyes had lost its one time shimmer. Her skin became like ice. Her full, red heart shaped lips became slightly off guarded as she bit on them with her teeth, nervously. She was shaking like hell, a fuzzy feeling moving around like a sleepwalker around her body as it spread everywhere, even in the corners. She let out a loud sigh as she sped into quick footsteps and reached her destination, in a few bear mid seconds but seemed hours. 

It was gloomy and spooky, and she stood petrified as well as terrified, all emotions rolling up as one. 

As still as a statue, rigid on the spot, she slowly broke free, striding but in slow steps, trying to not break down at once, but the sensation didn't seem afar. Their were cob webs and insects but a dozen roses, always laid so often showing how much visitors, family and friends. The coffin was as dark as coal and he dared go any further, as she sensed a dead body lying, motionless. She felt like was stuck with something. She knew what it was but she ignored that feeling and continued. All the memories that had taken place here she remembered. The flashbacks that could never be forgotten or be replayed, it was unbearable to vanish or replace. It doomed her till this day and she knew in her right mind and heart....it would for all eternity, not matter if she got supreme brain damage, there would always be that one thing she hated most. 

Guilt.

She shredded the thought of the screaming car, the blinding flash and the fountains of blood like a water fall. There was too much to take in, she felt the dizziness, ruining through her veins and it all came whooshing back. It was just too much for her. It was as fast as a lightening flash, she became all numb but not with excitement, with nervousness. It replayed in her head a million times as she tried with drawing the image but it was no use. It took to much advantage of her, only cursing the day for happening. She wasn’t strong like her brother whom she hadn't spoken in years which made her frown in pity. She pitied herself for not being good enough. She was after all pathetic. It was on the bad luck day. The worst days of all, where everything had become so tempting, not of goodness hope but filling in everything the world lived for, and it all became so hectic. 

The sound of the date was a creeper to people, like a spider crawling on their back.

It was Friday October 13th. 

She quietly walked through the darkness of the night. The sun disappeared and only the stars in the bright moonlight, twinkling. It was empty, nobody in sight as there was barely any flashes of light. The cold air sped on him, as her breathing rate increased which seemed the only living sound around. She hoped not to be caught or heard, as the dead silence approached. She tilted her head for a second, staring beyond, prepared to rush away if someone glimpsed at her and questioned her. But she silently prayed that nobody would be around at the outskirts of the haunted town. She kept her legs moving without her even noticing. It caused her to worry yet their was more things to worry about once her hearing caught a noise right behind her. 

Someone was panting just behind her. 

Her whole body froze as she slowly glanced back with wide eyes but before she could scream out in fear, everything turned to darkness.

 

Taeyeon suddenly sat up as a bolt of electricity ran through her whole body, her breathing uneven. She heard her phone ringing nonstop as she looked around to see herself in her apartment. She closed her eyes and sighed in relief as she fell back on the bed; trying to calm her fast beating heart. Her attention slowly went to her phone that had been ringing for the past few minutes since she'd woken up. She groaned as she moved to her side and grabbed her phone, checking her messages. 

30 message and 50 missed calls. 

She frowned as all those belonged to her best friends that would be very cautious towards her since she never got out of her apartment. Just to work and get groceries so she had food. She loved them to death, there's no lie about that but this was really outrageous. They would also check up on her every second they could. It annoyed her but she knew that they meant well. She rubbed her eyes softly as she sat up, deciding to call them before they come barging in her front door with worried looks. She dialed both their numbers and put it on speakers, knowing how loud they can be.

"WHY HAVEN'T YOU BEEN ANSWERING YOUR PHONE?!" 

Two different yet familiar loud voices echoed thru the whole room. It hurt Taeyeon's head since she was still asleep.

"Calm down you two! Geez! I was just sleeping, I don't work today so I decided to sleep in but thanks to you both, I have to wake up earlier than expected." She said with a sarcastic voice as she crawled out of the bed and made her way towards the kitchen to make herself some food.

"Sorry! Usually you're the one that wakes me up Tae! I'm sorry!" A feminine yet cheerful voice echoed thru the phone, her best friend Tiffany apologizing. Taeyeon could just imagine Tiffany pouting against the phone. 

"Yeah, me too Tae. I got worried too." A deep, husky voice echoed right before Tiffany which was Seunghyun, her best guy friend.

Taeyeon shook her head at what kind of friends she had. She loved them though even if sometimes they scare the crap out of her. She poured her cup full of hot tea as she grabbed her phone and sat on the couch. She slightly leaned against the corner of the couch as she looked over some paperworks that she had to do online. She was happy with this job since she didn't had to leave her apartment to work. She could just do it there in her own home. She loved it. 

"You guys worry too much, I swear. I'm fine as you can see." She softly says before they start to question her about where she is. She rolled her eyes at how protective they are especially Seunghyun.

Both laughed thru the phone. 

"Alright Miss Cranky Pants." Tiffany joked as she laughed. "I'll go see you after work alright." 

"Same here, I'll see you both soon," Seunghyun said but was interrupted by a loud noise which worried Taeyeon and Tiffany. He chuckled nervously. "Sorry about that, some newbie just messed up with the orders. Typical." Taeyeon can just see him rolling his eyes in annoyance which made her laugh.

"See you guys later! Bye!" Taeyeon said before she was about to hang up but they interrupted her.

"Bye Tae! See you later!" They both yelled before they hanged up. 

Taeyeon shook her head at how weird her best friends are but she loved them that way. She wouldn't change them for the world. She looked down at the paperworks as she focused on what she had to do this time. She read over the multiple papers as she started up her laptop so she could finish her work and not worrying about it anymore. She took a sip of her cup before placing it down on the table and started to work on her laptop. She had to look over a story that a new writer in the rising and review it if it was worth publishing it or not. It wasn't much work but it did take a toll on Taeyeon since she had several jobs so she could pay off her bills and her needs. It tired her out but that how life is. She sighed as she read over the emails that her boss and the writer wrote to her. She bit her lip as her focus was on her work, not realizing the noise that was coming from outside her apartment. 

 

After a few hours of reading papers, she heard her phone ringing. She looked over to see that it was Tiffany calling her which confused her since Tiffany didn't get out of work til later. She slowly reached for it and answered it.

"Tiff? Whats-" Taeyeon got interrupted by Tiffany literally screaming in her ear which made her pull the phone away from her ear, possibly losing her hearing.

"What's going on outside your apartment? Is someone moving in?!" Tiffany screeched as she was standing right in front of the moving van, in front of Taeyeon's apartment.

Taeyeon heard her with her other ear that wasn't affected by Tiffany's loud screaming. A moving van? Someone moving in? She slowly got up as she made her way to the front door and opened the door to see two men carrying a big box. Her eyes widen as one of them caught her eye and winked at her. She quickly closed the door and leaned against the door with her chest beating fast as she just interacted with another person. Someone she didn't know.

"Taeyeon? Are you there? What happened?" Tiffany started to blurt out questions since she didn't hear Taeyeon responding at all. "Taeyeon?!"

Taeyeon suddenly heard Tiffany's voice as she put the phone back against her ear as she closed her eye.

"I'm here Tiff. I'm fine and I guess someone is moving in." She managed to say but before she could say anything else, Tiffany interrupted her once again.

"Do you know who? I wonder who it is." 

Taeyeon sighed as she didn't wanted to know. She had never gotten to know any of her neighbors, only the landlord for the rent. That was it. She then heard loud voices, men loud voices echoing thru the whole building yet she tried to block it out. 

"I don't really care Tiff. You know that." Taeyeon says as she walks back to her couch and lays down as she tries to ignore the loud noises coming from next door.

"Yeah I know Tae but you should go introduce yourself. You can't be a rude neighbor either." 

Taeyeon knew that Tiffany had a good point but would she be able to do it? She didn't know if she could. She would always freeze whenever an unfamiliar man would get close to her, even look at her. It terrified her. That's why she never got to know any new people. Just her boss, employers and her best friends. That's all she needed. She didn't need anybody else, right? She groaned loudly as she ran her hand thru her hair as she didn't know if she should go. It was just to welcome them, that was it right.

"Go on Tae! Then after your done, you can come down and get some lunch at Seunghyun's work so we can bother him." Tiffany smirked at the idea and laughed which made Taeyeon smile at her best friend's teasing. "I'll be waiting Taeyeon. Try to be smile more okay. Bye!" Tiffany quickly hanged up as she hoped that Taeyeon would take her advice.

Taeyeon looked at the phone before her attention went to the noise that was next door. They were clearly moving things around. She gripped on her hair as she looked up at the white ceiling that was staring back at her. She didn't know if she could do it. She was a nervous wreck yet Tiffany was already waiting for her outside. She couldn't her friend outside that long since the cold weather will freeze her pretty face and Taeyeon wouldn't hear the end of it from her. She stood up and headed to her room to change her clothes since she was still wearing her pajamas. She changed into some white tight jeans with a black oversized sweater and hoodie on her head. She didn't really feel like doing her hair. That's what hoodies and caps were made for, right. She took a deep breath as she looked herself in the mirror, wondering if she looked just fine to welcome her new neighbor. She made her way to the kitchen, opening the fridge to reveal a small, chocolate cake that Seunghyun gave her yesterday. It was still unopen and untouched. This is will be a nice welcoming gift, right? She groaned as she grabbed it and shut the fridge as she grabbed her keys and placed it on her pocket before walking out of her apartment and into the quiet hallway. She gulped as she looked at the door that was next to hers. Her hands started to get sweaty at the thought of meeting her new neighbor. She suddenly started to scratch her wrist without her knowing, she had always had that habit whenever she was extremely nervous. She bit her lip as she slowly made her way to the door, feeling a bit happy that she got this far. Usually, she would just run away and not face anyone but she decided to do this so Tiffany wouldn't be on her . 

"I can do this. Just say welcome." She started to say to herself a bit too loudly. "That's all you gotta do."

She took a deep breath before she was about to knock on the door but it suddenly opened to reveal someone that she didn't expect at all. He looked around his mid-twenties; he had pale skin that looked so smooth. His black hair that was well cut and was gelled up in the front with these big glasses that looked cute on him. He gave me a confused look as he was about to say something but Taeyeon unexpectedly gave him the small cake and bowed at him.

"Welcome! I live next door and I came to welcome you here!" She said it really fast that he didn't really catch much of what she said as she stood up and looked at him once more, feeling more nervous. "Um..uh..if you need anything, I-I'm here." She bit her lip, hoping that she didn't sound to eager or-but his lips curved into a small smile which caught Taeyeon by surprise.

"So you're the girl next door huh?" 

Taeyeon gulped and nodded, not wanting to be standing in front of him any longer so she decided to bow to him once more before running off, leaving him behind.

The guy wanted to call out to her but she was already gone. He frowned as he looked down at the cake that she brought him which was nice of her to do, in his persepective. He unknowingly looked at the direction she left, already leaving an odd yet interesting impression on him. He smiled to himself before he walked back into his apartment and closed the door, wondering when he was going to see his next door neighbor once again.

 

 

 

to be continued...

 

FIRST PART IS UP! YASSS XD

NOT MUCH HAPPENED HERE SO SORRY ABOUT THAT.

AND FOR IT TO BE VERY SHORT ; IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING. LOL IT'LL BECOME INTERESTING AS THE STORY GOES ON.

I'M SO GLAD THAT A LOT OF YOU GUYS WERE REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS ONE. I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR FEEDBACK

EVEN IF MY WRITING . HEHE.

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS PART! 

LOVE YOU GUYS! <3