♔ Chapter 2 ♔

Splashing Encounter

A/N: Warning: If lactose intolerant, please do not read. The following contains high amounts of cheesiness. 

Sorry for the long wait~!

"speech"
'thoughts'

 


 

[10:00pm – Jungkooks room]

Jungkook plonked himself on his bed and sighed.

After washing up, his racing heart had finally calmed down from spending the evening with you.

He took his phone out from his pocket, fiddling with the device until he paused at the app he was searching for; ‘Pick-up lines 101’.

His finger hovered over it.

You’ve served your purpose well…’

‘…but maybe not again’, he thought as he pressed down and uninstalled the app.

He tucked it away in his bedside drawer and closed his eyes as he lied down.

Jungkook chuckled at his silliness as scenes of today’s events flashed through his mind.

He never thought that there would be a day where he would sit himself down and study pickup lines.

The moment you had agreed to go on a date with him, Jungkook had rushed home to call his hyungs for advice.

After much teasing and nosy questions, his hyungs suggested the app to him saying it would “definitely work”.

Jungkook didn’t think you were the type to be easily impressed over a few pick-up lines, but he was desperate and luckily you did seem to be quite amused at his attempts.

He rolled over to his side, deciding assertively that he would never listen to his hyungs again.

Although, he deep down, he admitted he was eternally grateful for those pickup lines.

Slowly, he drifted to sleep thinking of the time you spent together with a smile on his face.

 


 

 [6:55pm – Doorstep of your house]

Jungkook nervously paced outside your doorstep.

(A/N: Kookie's Outfit)

After the millionth time of walking up to your door, he finally mustered enough courage to make his presence known.

-DING DONG-

It was not long until he heard shuffling from the other side of the door and the sound of the handle turning.

The door slowly creaked open revealing your shy figure.
 

(A/N: Your outfit)

Jungkook stilled as he looked you over.

You blushed as he stared at you with his mouth slightly agape.

You started feeling self-conscious since he had never seen you wear something so kawaii before.

“Should we go now?” you asked him timidly.

He blinked rapidly, regaining his senses and dumbly gestured to his car “Yeah! Uh, hop right in and we’ll head off”

He opened the door of the passenger seat for you.

Once you sat down, he lightly jogged to the other side and hopped on.

The drive was relatively peaceful, the comfortable silence allowed you to observe Jungkook while he drove. The way Jungkook attentively drove while faintly humming a soft tone was unexpectedly captivating. His arms taut as he flexed his muscles to round a curve, letting you sneak a peek at his toned biceps. Jungkook’s eyes riveted forward on the road with the occasional sideward glimpse at you. When he caught you staring, you held his gaze for a split second before nervously glancing to the side.

Unaware of your surroundings, you finally noticed that you were not heading downtown.

Worried that he was unfamiliar with the neighbourhood you asked him, “Hey Jungkook, where are we going?”

He gives you a sly smile - which you mistook as confusion.

Before he could answer you, you anxiously bombarded him with more questions,

“Are you lost? Do you know where we are?”

He chuckled inwardly at your concerned expression which resembled a lost puppy.

He pretended to ponder as he continued to drive and slowly began,

“Hmm… Can I have directions?”
“To where?” you asked him eagerly

“To your heart.”

Jungkook internally patted himself on his back for being so smooth, he was sure his hyungs would be proud of him.

You pursed your lips and stared at him in a dead-panned manner.

You could tell he was quite satisfied with himself from the Cheshire grin on his face.

You smacked him lightly on his arm and told him to focus on driving before turning away again to distract yourself with the passing scenery.

The atmosphere went back to its initial quietness, only interrupted once when Jungkook told you to just trust him and stop worrying.

 


 

When the car pulled to a stop, Jungkook quickly went to open your door. You eagerly go out and were immediately awe-struck.

You swirled around and admired your surroundings.

You ran to the closest railing and leaned on it, the beauty of the scenery made you exclaim.

“I’ve never heard of this place before…It’s so breath-taking…I wish I could capture this moment.” You whispered, completely amazed by all the decorations.

“I’m no photographer, but I can picture you and me together.” He says casually while gazing around the garden although secretly he was trying hard to rack his brain for more pick-up lines.

You jokingly told him “in my system, there’s ‘no image found’ ”

He laughs at your witty comeback and reasoned, “That’s because the image quality is too high”

You rolled your eyes at him and waved him off, “Yeah, yeah, whatever you say” although it was evident you were enjoying all this joking around because your smile was basically glowing.

He chuckled and led you towards the door.

Jungkook was pleased that all his research was paying off.

 


 

Dinner progressed without a hitch until a question popped into your mind.

“So…Why did you ask me to come to such a beautiful place ? …Although technically I was the one to ask…” You asked him curiously at first before drifting off in a mutter when you started to feel that you were thinking too much of the situation.

Before you had the chance to mumble more incoherent things to yourself, you heard his smooth voice.

“Because I knew you’d say yes”, he smirked with confidence.

You raised your brow, the corners of your lips slightly upturned.

Noticing your judging face, he says “Yah. Don’t make that face! Who in their right mind would say no to this?”

Jungkook proceeded to gesture to his face exaggeratedly and even subtly tried to flex his arm without the other people in the restaurant seeing.

You failed to contain your laughter “Pfffft. Hahaha…ever heard of ‘stay humble’?” Although deep down, you couldn't help but agree with him.

He earnestly reasoned, “Well I try to keep a low profile but…” he trailed off and shrugged as if he couldn’t be helped that he was god-like good-looking.

You shook your head at his silliness.

“But seriously, I wanted to get to know you better.” He said bashfully, lowering his gaze to his plate.

“I was always too shy to talk to you more… but then this morning happened! So I leapt at the chance to ask you out!” he enthused.

By the time he registered that he had accidentally spoken out his true feelings, he restlessly gulps down his glass of water.

You couldn’t resist smiling at his earnest words.

“I’m glad you did! I felt really sorry about today… but I also wanted to know more about you too!”

Realizing that you may have sounded a bit creepy, you explained hurriedly, “Uh, because we’re neighbours! And I see you often…so…yeah”

He looked at you amusedly, seeing you flustered clearly entertained him greatly.

“Well, now that I’ve gotten to know you, you’re unexpectedly silly and clumsy...” he said teasingly.

“Hey!” You protested with a pout.

“…but you’re very genuine and kind, and not to mention beautiful” he smiled warmly at you.

You were blushing from all the things he said –especially the last word - and stuttered, “Re-really? You think so? I don’t think I’m that nice or pretty at all…”

Baffled that you would think so lowly of yourself he said, “Of course! If looks could kill, you’d be a weapon of mass destruction”

You giggled at his exaggerated attempt at installing confidence in you, “It’s time to go get your eyes checked!”

Jungkook got defensive and said “Hey! I was being serious! See, I’ve been fascinated all night long - looking at your eyes. I've never seen such dark eyes with so much light in them.”

You retorted him “That’s probably because the lights are reflected from my eyes? You pabo!”

 


 

[Outside your home]

After more civil bantering you had finished dinner and he had driven you home.

You guys had clicked so unbelievably well that the evening had gone by in a flash.

He walked you to your door and you said to him thankfully, “I had a lot of fun today, I’m really glad you moved into our neighbourhood.”

You looked up at him, eyes twinkling with happiness. The street light cascaded onto your face highlighting your gleaming smile.

Jungkook stood stunned with his mouth gaping as if to say something more.

You look at him questioningly, anticipating what else he wanted to say.

 “You’re so beautiful that you made me forget my pickup line”

You smack him in the chest lightly,  “You’ve said more than enough of them today anyway….way to ruin the mood Jungkook”

He grins down at you, doe eyes disappearing into crescent moons,

“I know I’ve been throwing pick-up lines at you left, right and centre …I haven’t had much experience with girls. I really wanted to impress you”

“You’re naturally charming Jungkook-ah, you don’t need to force yourself”, you told him reassuringly.

Jungkook sheepishly grinned at your compliment and rubbed the back of his head,
“Thanks…so…it’s getting late so I’ll let you go in now and I’ll catch you later?”

He half-turned to leave.

“Kookie!” You accidentally called out his nickname that you never thought you’d call him.

Jungkook halted in his step and hesitantly turned back around at the unfamiliar name you called him (although secretly he liked it immensely), “Yeah?”

“Next time, please don’t search up anymore pickup lines”

You saw his cheeks burn, red spreading to his ears as he replied “Yeah I won’t!”

“Wait. There’s…There’s going to be a next time? You want to go on another date with me??” He exclaims excitedly once he realised what you meant.

You laughed at his childish reaction and told him to call you when he’s free.

You bid each other goodnight before the both of you entered your own homes respectively

Today was surely one eventful day to remember.

 


 

« BONUS SCENE »

(JUNGKOOK POV)

Jungkook stood outside your home until he saw you turn on the lights in your room. When he finally saw your shadow cast onto the curtain, he unwillingly left and strolled into the night.

From the moment I met you, I wanted you to laugh a little louder, cry a little less and smile a lot more. And I wanted to become the reason for you to do those things.’

He looked up into the star-filled sky, determined that one day he’d be able to confess to you in person.

‘Hopefully won’t be too long…’

 

« THE END »

 


 

« AUTHOR NOTE »

Taste of diabetes I know :P

If it weren’t obvious enough, the app doesn’t exist~ I made it up xD

Jungkook’s character might be a bit strange but I was trying to show that he is shy (maybe even a little insecure) but he is aware that he is deemed “good-looking”. Hence, he has some parts where he can act like a total playboy when he’s saying those pickup lines but once he runs out of ideas or when things are not what he expects then he reverts back to his bashful self. His only resort to acting confident was to indulge in the world of pickup lines – which is where all the cheesiness comes in. That’s my view of his character in this ff :P

I'm really sorry for not updating earlier Q~Q Author-nim found a job so she has been super busy I hope you guys can forgive me T^T

I hope this chapter was worth the wait!!


If you liked this ff, check out my other Taehyung x You story Hwa Yang Yeon Hwa

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ♥♥♥