♔ Chapter 1 ♔

Splashing Encounter

 

'thoughts' 

"speech"

 


 

You stood in your driveway – hair tied back, hose in hand – staring down at the car you had managed to neglect to clean for an undefined period of time.

There was a nice summer breeze and the sun was blazing, and you thought to yourself No time like the present’.

You proceeded to get to work; briefly rinsing the car, scrubbing the ancient dirt glued to the sides and cleaning the spider webs weaved on the side mirrors.

After intensely rubbing the grime away, you prepared to hose down all the foam from the car.

From a distance you spot a tall figure, immediately recognising him as Jeon Jungkook – your neighbour who had recently moved in next door.

He was currently walking his dog Gureum, you had met them a couple of times the past week since they moved in. 

You’ve had the occasional greeting but both of you were too shy to have any further conversation.

You zoned out as you mentally recounted the times you had met him and missed all your chances to get to know him better.

Jungkook gradually walked closer, behind an eager Guruem whose collar could barely contain his overflowing excitement of seeing a familiar face.

You were snapped out of your reverie when a white blur of fluff tackled you. You were caught off guard and lost grip of the hose. Water splayed everywhere, soaking everything in sight – including the embodiment of the very distraction you were entangled in just seconds ago.

You wrestled the hyper ball of happiness as you tried to scramble to your feet.

You apologize profusely to him with a guilt-ridden face, “Oh my gosh!! Jungkook are you okay? I’m so sorry, I wasn’t paying attention! Look at you! You’re drenched…Ugh I’m such an idiot!”

He assured you jokingly, “I’m alright _____! I was planning to shower when I got home anyway.”

He called Gureum over and wiped the water dripping from his face.

“Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?” you asked him, still quite apologetic that you caused him such trouble. The last thing you wanted to do was being on bad terms with a neighbour you saw almost every day.

Jungkook pondered shortly. He grinned showing his bunny teeth with his eyebrow slightly raised, “How about… dinner? Tonight? ”

 

 

His question caught you off guard and you blurted out without thinking, “Is that... a date?”

Your gaze flickered from his face to your feet in anticipation.

He smiled sheepishly with a rosy tint to his cheeks, “If I said yes would you agree?”

Nervously he ran his hand through his wet hair and threw you a hopeful gaze.

You would never, for the life of you, admit the effect of his boyish charms.

If he kept this up I’d probably agree to anything he said’ 

Jungkook saw your silence as a sign of hesitation and he tried to convince you, "Smile for Yes, or do a blackflip for No?"

His attempt amused you greatly but you held in your laughter. 

Deciding to play it cool, you kept a straight face and told him “You should leave now…”

He dejectedly muttered an apology with his head hung low and turned to walk away with Guruem.

You chuckled and continued, “…and I’ll meet you at 7!”

He looked up abruptly, face in shock 

 

 

“You mean…” he slowly said, unsureness hanging off his every word.

You vivaciously winked and told him, “Go and get changed I’ll see you later”

Flustered, he managed to stutter “Uhh…I…Well…What do you feel like having?”

He bit his lip in nervousness as he waited for your reply.

Your gaze drifted from his pink lips down to his soaked white shirt which had become transparent.

 

(A/N: you're welcome ♥)

 

“…Chocolate” you murmured beneath your breath as you blankly stared at his defined torso.

“Pardon? I didn’t quite catch that” He said

Realising you had spoken your inner thoughts, you embarrassedly say “Anything, I don’t mind!”

“Alright, I know this new restaurant that just opened downtown. Sound good to you?” He smiled gently.

“Sounds great! I’ll see you soon Jungkook!”

You watched him leave whilst keeping a calm composure. You picked up your things quickly and ran inside.

The moment you slammed the front door shut, you shuffled to your couch. And screamed.

You were the very definition of crazy itself – hair dishevelled, hands cupping your face which had a look of disbelief.

Did that really just happen…’ you sat in silence contemplating whether the whole ordeal had really occurred or not.

You couldn’t fathom how such a mundane task of washing your car could lead to this.

Maybe I should wash my car more often’, you found yourself wondering.

Images of your handsome neighbour popped in your mind and you grinned.

Definitely yes’, you decided delightedly

You sat unmoving until you realised something extremely important - much to your dismay.

“What do I wear??!!” You flew from your couch straight to your wardrobe.

The rest of the afternoon was spent wreaking havoc in your apartment with clothes flying and knocking over everything in sight.

Little did you know, tonight would be remembered as one of the most memorable dates you’ve had with Jungkook.

One of many more dates to come.

Your awkward yet exciting first date. 

 


 

« AUTHOR NOTE »

 

Hope you guys enjoyed this~

I just wanted to say, as much as I wish that washing your car would magically summon our Golden maknae/International Playboy Jungkookie, it doesn’t happen.

Please do not attempt at home xD

Next is the date~

See you guys next update c:

HUGS!!!♥♥