Two

#1 Begin

It's the next day, and it's lunch break again. This time, I haven't left the class looking for Taehyung and Jimin. I've decided that I'm going to not burden them with my troubles and just stay in the class like I usually do anyways. And as usual, everyone ignores me. None of the students in here are talking to me or even looking at me. It's been like this for about a year, and I'm surprised I'm still complaining about it. Especially after the known fact that I caused it to be this way, that this is all because of me. I did something that caused everyone to just ignore me, and I'm still whining about why everyone is ignoring me.

"Hey, Jungkook." I hear someone whisper from beside me. I turn to my left only to see the guy from yesterday sitting on the desk near me. Since when did he get there?

"Where are your new friends?" he asks. Learning from what happened yesterday when I answered him, I decided not to this time and turned away. I hear him scoff, like if he was annoyed that I'm not falling for his shenanigans.

"Are they still your friends?" he laughs. I continue to look forward. "You did something didn't you? Now they don't want to hang out with you anymore, right?"

My hands slowly form a fist, but it wasn't to get ready and punch him. It's just so I can squeeze everything out into that fist, digging my nails into the palm of my hands so I don't end up hurting him. I can tell that he noticed my hands, because he said something that makes me almost hit him.

"Do it." was what he said. "I dare you. Do it. I see you're ready."

No matter how much he was provoking me, I didn't. A few students in class were staring, but he started yelling it louder until everyone was looking. I'm not going to hit him. I will not.

"Why not Jeon?" he says quite loud. I don't turn my head towards him, but my eyes shift his direction, and I see him smirk.

I sigh and rest my head on my table, trying my best to block out his voice and ignore the fact that everyone's looking our way. He never gave up. Although people got bored of nothing happening, he continued to try and talk to me. It was quieter this time, between the two of us, but he just kept going and going.

I finally decided that I had enough of it and I got up with my stuff and left the classroom. I quickly walked down the hall and into the café, sitting at a random table available. I stared at the table top, thinking about my life and what it has come to. I was used to everyone acting as if I didn't exist, but now that someone's focus is towards just me, and mainly to mock me, is annoying. I don't know why, out of nowhere, he decides to do this. What have I done to him?

I realize while I was thinking that I had zoned out, staring into what seemed like nothing in my brain. But, when I snapped out of my trance, I noticed that I was just staring at this group of friends sitting at a table in front of me. I looked around to see if anyone had noticed, and I spotted two familiar people not so far away. Taehyung and Jimin. If feeling that someone is watching you is true, then they probably sure as hell felt my stare because they turned around literally seconds after my eyes landed on them.

I looked away quickly and acted as if I didn't recognize who they were, as if I was just looking around the café and just looked past them, not realizing it was them. But that didn't work at all. Soon after, both of them sat in front of me at my table. They didn't say anything and just smiled. It wasn't a smile that made me angry, it made me feel a sense of calmness. I never thought that I could spot a genuine smile so quickly like that.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey." they both replied.

"Uhm, I'm sorry about yesterday. You probably think I'm really weird and such. Gosh, I could imagine the thoughts going through your head because of it." I tell them. Jimin just chuckled and shook his head.

"No. It's fine. Don't worry about that. We were more worried than curious. Something was obviously going on but we tried to talk it out of you, that was our mistake." Taehyung apologizes. I shake my head and say quickly that they didn't do anything. They really didn't. It was everyone else in school.

"If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine. Whenever you want to you can though." Jimin says. I nod my head and sigh in relief. 

We sit there awkwardly for a couple of minutes. Taehyung and Jimin were just eating their lunch, and even a few times had their own conversation. I was left out of it mostly, but they did try to include me in it a few times. I could see that I'm giving them a hard time, but I don't mean to.

"The guy from yesterday," Jimin starts, "he wasn't really your friend, am I right?"

I laugh and shook my head.

"Yeah, I thought so. Even from a distance you can tell you two aren't friends. I mean, everyone was looking your way and it honestly looked like you two were about to fight, or were just having a verbal argument." he tells me.

I chuckle and then remembered what the guy said yesterday. I knew what he meant when he asked the two if they knew who I was. People who know of me usually don't want to associate themselves with me. I'm a bit surprised these two don't know me. Of course the other four of their friends wouldn't, given that they have graduated before everything that happened. But, well I'm not the "talk" of the school, but my name spreads around more than it should be.

"I don't even know his name." I say. "I just remember that he's in my class, but I don't really give much attention to anyone in there, let alone their names."

Both of them stare at me for a while, with eyes piercing through me like daggers. It looked like they were observing something, or even looking for something. Whatever they were trying to find, they couldn't find it apparently. Taehyung looked away and Jimin just sighed and pursed his lips to the side.

"Are you doing anything after school?" Jimin asks, a smile appearing again. I shake my head and his face lit up. "Hang out with us after school!"

"Oh yeah!" Taehyung joins in. "We're all going to Jin hyung's house after. Would you be able to?"

"Yeah. I'll go." I answer. Both of them give me a huge smile, and then go back to eating their lunch.

"Sunbae?" I ask. Both of them look up at me with a flustered expression and then both laugh.

"You don't have to call us sunbae." Taehyung says. "Hyung is fine."

"Oh. Okay then. Well Taehyung hyung..." I start, but don't finish. I shook my head and softly said never mind, leaving them to finish their lunch again.

-

"You keep looking at your phone. Waiting for a text?" I hear someone ask me. I look up and see the one named Namjoon looking at me curiously. I shake my head and chuckle it off. It looked like he wanted to ask more, but he decided to keep quiet.

"Here we go!" Jin says, coming out the kitchen with a tray of cooked food, some bags of chips, and soda cans beside it. Everybody sat up and grabbed bowls and started eating the food; I just sat there and watched them.

"You're not hungry Jungkook?" Taehyung asked me. I shook my head and gave them a small smile. Jimin stared at me for a while and then shook his head. He put his bowl down and grabbed an empty one, filling it with food and handing it over to me. I told him that it was okay but he insisted.

"You didn't eat at school, so at least eat here." Jimin says. I couldn't say no after that, so I took it and started eating slowly.

"Oh, so you weren't lying. He does eat with you." Yoongi said.

"I told you." Taehyung says with his mouth fool of noodles.

"Well, I did yesterday. Today I just got annoyed in class and left it, sitting alone. Jimin and Taehyung Sunba-...I mean hyung spotted me and sat with me today." I told them.

They asked why I got annoyed in class, and I explained to Jimin and Taehyung that I left because of him. I told them how he kept annoying me and kept provoking me. As soon as Hoseok asked me what he was trying to provoke me to do, I stopped talking. I realized that I spoke way too much.

"Nothing." I say. "It's not a big deal. You know, he just wants to pick a fight with me and all."

They all nodded their heads and Namjoon started chuckling to himself.

"I remember when I was still in school, it was my last year, and I used to be that person who just wanted to pick fights. It's not that I loved fighting, but it made school interesting. Obviously I'm not like that anymore, but I was." he says. Then Jimin hopped in the conversation saying how he was afraid of Namjoon at first but after Namjoon graduated, he changed and they became close.

"He's just annoying; It's no big deal." I tell them. I assumed that they took my word for it because they all just nodded and continued eating and talking about other stuff.

When about an hour and a half had passed, I got a phone call from my dad. When I answered it, he was furious. He was asking me where I was and if I was getting myself into trouble "again". I kept telling him I was out with some new friends, but he wouldn't believe me. He knows what I did last year and sadly he reminds me how nobody wants to talk to me because of it. He says it's my fault, and I don't disagree with him.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asks after I hung up the phone, with a sigh following after.

"It's just my dad." I say.

"You need to go home right now?"

"Yeah, but I don't really want to." I tell him. "I don't really like going home."

"Why is that?" Jimin joins in. I sigh and just shake my head. They both just smile at me, understanding that I don't want to talk about it.

"I'll just get going then." I tell all of them. I throw my bag over my shoulder and both Jimin and Taehyung run after me towards the front door, leading me out. I say goodbye to them all and walk out the house, turning back to see all of them at the door waving to me with a smile.

When I arrived at home, I saw my dad sitting at the couch in the living room, waiting for me. I knew he wanted to talk, but I just turned towards the stairs which were the opposite direction and headed straight towards my room.

"Jungkook." I hear him call out. I stop on the second step and look at him. He gets up from the couch and walks towards me. I was expecting him to just yell and me and get angry for not coming home straight after school. But well, he did get angry, but he didn't just yell.

He slapped me on the cheek really hard, hard enough for me to loose my balance on the stairs and fall back onto the ground. I was in so much shock that I didn't even focus on the pain, the burning feeling spreading through my left cheek. All that was going through my head was that my father had hurt me, because he had never done that. Yes, while we were little he would hit my brother and I for discipline, but it was never like this.

I was in so much shock that I didn't realize that my dad was talking to me. In a split second, he had grabbed my shirt and stood me back up, continually yelling at me. I had never been so afraid of my father until now.

He started yelling at me about how I never listen to him, and how I should stop lying to him. He asked if I was telling the truth about hanging out with some friends, and I nodded my head. He brought up what happened last year, saying no one nice and professional would want to be friends with me. He started assuming that my friends were all bad, that they loved causing trouble like what I did. He started telling me not to hang out with people like that if I don't want to end up doing what happened last time.

I couldn't handle him yelling at me, so I yelled back saying they weren't like that. He looked taken aback by it, but I can see the anger rising from his expression.

"How dare you talk back." he said before pushing me towards the table by the wall. There, I smelt a touch of alcohol in his breath. I turned a little to stop myself from completely hitting the wall, but my sides ending up colliding with the edge of the table, causing me to lean against it holding the side that got hit.

I assumed that my mom heard what had happened, because she ran downstairs screaming at him to stop. She ran past him and towards me, hugging me. I stared at my dad, biting my lower lip to help forget about the pain on my ribs. He still looked angry, but I saw regret in his eyes. He looked at both my mom and I before walking out the house, saying nothing.

I stood up straight and my mom started crying, hugging me tighter. I flinched from the pain and she released a little bit, but still hugging me.

"Are you alright?" she asked, holding both my cheeks. Looking at her face, she looked afraid and there was a bruise on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." she said, hugging me again. I wasn't sure why my mom was apologizing when she did nothing.

"It's my fault. It's my fault." she said about three more times. "Don't leave."

I released myself from her hug and looked at her a bit confused.

"Don't leave me like your brother did." she said. "I'll have no one."

I stood there, speechless. I didn't know what to say, because that's been my plan to do as soon as I turn 18 and finish school.