One

#1 Begin

When I was just about twelve years old, I told myself that I wasn't worth much in life. Everything was horrible at home and school, and I just felt like there wasn't really much for me in the future. Being fifteen years old now, I still kind of feel the same way, just worse. Parents are fighting, my older brother luckily escaped and went somewhere far from here to be free, and I'm the unlucky one stuck here with my arguing parents.

School more because everyone here is annoying. You can tell everyone are fakes and kiss-ups. But, today actually, something interesting happened after school.

I was walking home when I spotted 6 guys hanging around a single bench at this park. They were all laughing and just looked like they were having a fun time. For some reason, I was very interested by them. And, without realizing, I continued to stare. They continued cracking jokes and I continued staring, until I ended up tripping over an uneven part of the sidewalk.

They seemed to have saw what had happened, and all 6 of them ran over to me. To my surprise, none of them were laughing at me. They all grabbed my arm and helped me back up.

"You alright?" one of them asks. I nod my head and pulled my arm away from them for no reason. When they realized that, they quickly drew their hands back and nodded, as if they understood that I don't like being touched. It wasn't that. I really don't know why I pulled back so harshly.

"No worries though. We trip over this stupid thing sometimes, too." another one assures me. I nod my head slightly. They gave me a reassuring smile and then turned their eyes towards my uniform.

"Hey, you go to that school too?" one asks. I nod again, and he and another guy laugh and smile. "We do too!"

"You do?" I ask, not seeing them wearing their uniform at all. School had just ended, so they should still be wearing it.

"Yeah, we do! I'm Park Jimin, and this is Kim TaeHyung. We're on our last year right now, and we kind of didn't end up going to school today. No reason really. He's my ride there and he woke up late, so we just decided not to go today." Jimin explains. "What about you?"

"Well, I'm just fifteen." I say.

"Wow, you're so young. Those two are still in school, but the rest of us are finished. I'm Min Yoongi. These losers that I hang out with are Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, and Jung Hoseok." he says.

"Jeon Jungkook." I tell them. For the next couple minutes, they kept asking me what class I was in or where I hung out when it's time to eat. They even tried to carry on a conversation with me, and I fairly enjoyed it. Apparently, TaeHyung and Jimin are in the top 10 of their class and they even offered to tutor me if I ever needed help on something. I barely met them just now, by tripping over an uneven ground, and they're being so nice to me.

"You should eat with us in school. Unless you have your own friends of course." Taehyung offers.

"I actually just stay in class. I don't eat with anyone." I tell them.

"Then with us!" Jimin says very excitingly.

"You wouldn't want me to sit with you." I said, and all of them look at me confused. Before they could ask anymore questions, I told them that I should be getting home and turned around to leave.

Right now, at home, I can't stop thinking about those guys. They're definitely different compared to the others in school that treat me like absolute . They don't even know who I am, but yet they were willing to talk to me. Even in school when they don't know me, like really know me, they don't even want to deal with me. I don't blame them though. I kind of gave them a reason why not to.

~

It's the next day in school, lunch break, and I'm walking around, looking for the spot Jimin and Taehyung mentioned to me yesterday. I thought about it a lot, whether or not I wanted to try and hang out with them. Maybe I can have friends. Finally, after so long. I'm just afraid that when they find out who I am, they won't want to talk to me anymore. Nobody in this school really wants to be friends with me.

"Jungkook! Right?" I hear someone call out to me. I expect it to be one of the two, but when I turn around, it was someone who's in my class. He walks up to me with a smile that I can tell is fake, sly even. It's more a smirk than a forced-friendly smile.

"You know, I notice that you don't talk to anyone in class, and I wanted to ask you if you want to hang out with us." he nodded his head towards the back of him, towards three other guys who are all a bit taller than him. I shook my head. Before I could even explain why, he started attacking me with insults. Insult after insult.

"You need someone Jungkook. You know that. Eating alone. It's because of your rep. in this school, isn't it? You know what you are, and you know what we all think of you." he goes. I'm starting to think that he knew I was going to say no, and he just had all of those prepared to throw at me.

"Well, I tried. You can just continue to be you. I mean, you could've hung out with us, maybe clean up your image a little bit. Actually, now that I think about it, you would ruin ours if we let that happen. So thankfully you said no." he continues, and his friends laugh behind him. I roll my eyes, annoyed at them all. Do they not have anything better to do?

"Hey." someone else calls from behind me. "Is there a problem here?"

"No. None at all. We just asked him to eat with us and he said no. We were just leaving." the guy in my class replies. I recognize the voice behind me. That's Jimin.

"Alright. I'll take your word." Jimin says, but for some reason the guy isn't leaving.

"You know who this is, right?" he asks. I look over at Jimin and Taehyung and they both nod their heads.

"Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook. We know him. And he's actually eating with us today." Taehyung says to him. The guy looks flustered for a bit and then just smiles and nods his head. He waves bye to me, as if we were cool, and leaves with his friends.

"Thanks." The word comes out of my mouth without me even realizing. They both look at me and smile, throwing their arms around me and dragging me off to a table in our school's café. 

It was awkward sitting with them. Well, it didn't seem that way for them. They were talking like nothing, as if we all knew each other since we were in diapers. I couldn't help but notice the fact that everyone kept looking our way. I don't know how Jimin and Taehyung didn't notice all of the students staring. Maybe they did, and they're just not saying anything. I don't know which one.

"Jungkook." Jimin says, snapping me out of my space-out. "You alright? You were just staring into nothing."

"I'm fine." I answer quickly. He chuckles, which sounded more like a scoff, and nods his head slightly.

"Alright, alright. Let's talk about it." he goes. "Taehyung and I notice everyone staring our way. It's kind of hard not to notice when about the whole school is doing it, pointing this way even. We may be in the top 10 of our class, and seniors, but nobody stares at us. What's up?"

"Nothing." I state. They both look at me, not convinced. Obviously, with what he just stated, something is up.

"Yah. Jungkook, are you okay? I mean, isn't it annoying having people stare all the time?" Taehyung asks. I roll my eyes and get up from the table.

"I told you guys that you wouldn't want me to sit with you. You don't even know me." I say to them, my voice slightly raised. Students around me heard and fully turn towards us. I know what they're thinking. They're anticipating it. They want one to happen. It's not going to happen, but that's what they're all thinking. They want to see if I will do it again.

"I'm sorry." I say. I grab my backpack, throw it over my shoulder, and leave swiftly.

I end up back in my class, even though lunch break doesn't end for quite a while. Everyone in class looks at me, but then goes back to what they were doing. They've been stuck with me for a while; They're already used to me being around, even though none of them like me.

When class was about to start again, the guy from earlier walks in and goes straight towards me after spotting me. Acting like I didn't lock my eyes with his, I throw my arms onto the table and lay my head down on it, forehead pressed against them.

I'm not even looking up and I can already feel them standing beside my desk.

"What do you want now?" I say, a bit muffled since my mouth is against the fabric from the sleeves of my blazer.

"I just want to congratulate you." he says. I look up at him. "For actually having friends now. What did you do? Scare them?"

I stand up from my seat, staring at them with so much anger. My hands are turned into fists and are pressed down against the tops of my desk. He looks at them, and then smirks at me. He's enjoying it. Damn. Why didn't I realize it sooner? He's just doing this to irritate me. What does he want? Is he expecting me to do what I did a year ago? Does he want that?

Everyone's looking. They too, are thinking what the others thought back at the café.

"Okay class." our teacher shouts, walking in. The guy scoffs and walks over to his seat. I can't even sit back down.

As my teacher asks me to take my seat, I instead take my bag and leave the room. I leave the school, straight home.

I go straight into my room and throw my bag on the ground, hopping onto my bed. I'm starting to regret coming home. I should've stayed at the park, or somewhere other than here. I seem to have come home at a terrible time. My parents probably still think I'm at school. How do I know? Because I have never heard them argue this loud, this crazy, ever. Not even when my brother still lived with us.

So, whenever my brother and I weren't home, they would just go at each other this bad? I never knew, and now I know. Gosh, I want to leave the house right now. They're yelling is so loud. I'm not surprised now at the fact they didn't hear me slam my door. If I knew they were worse when I was out at school, I wouldn't have came home.

You know, even though I'm glad my brother left, I wish he was here. I know he would be comforting me right now. He'd probably be telling me that everything will be okay, and that he will always be there for me. Even though I probably wouldn't believe anything he was saying, I would've felt a bit comforted.

But he's not here, and I'm jealous of him. When I'm 18, I'm going to do the same thing. Finally leave. Even if I have no place to live or even go to, I'm going to leave. I can't wait. Just about three more years until I'm out of school and this place.